FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Jul 17, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #121 of 6,207
I really don't understand what the dual configuration design in the DX200 adds with these chips (overkill?) but as you are likely aware there are plenty of people who like that DAP (and those that don't).

:)

That item is the worst droid based device I have touched and owned. Sounded worse than an ipod. I don't post in that thread though i own it (cost $200 from a Marine going back home) cuz i have nothing to say. If it keeps getting used as a measuring stick in here I will reply.

Set expectations higher:sunglasses:

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #122 of 6,207
That item is the worst droid based device I have touched and owned. Sounded worse than an ipod. I don't post in that thread though i own it (cost $200 from a Marine going back home) cuz i have nothing to say. If it keeps getting used as a measuring stick in here I will reply.

I haven't heard it so I have no say in the matter. I just don't understand the dual DAC configuration other than marketing in a portable device, or perhaps using the extra channels for reference to reduce noise... I dunno.

Edit: Specifically speaking of using this 8 channel chip.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #123 of 6,207

Lol, no doubt, seeing how many droid based devices are having problem between accessing internal integrated DAC vs external....no doubt on dual lol

Jul 17, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #124 of 6,207
I haven't heard it so I have no say in the matter. I just don't understand the dual DAC configuration other than marketing in a portable device, or perhaps using the extra channels for reference to reduce noise... I dunno.

The period between an items announcement and release can be a knife that cuts both ways. It can leave the door open for baseless hype and the opposite too.
The DX200 was hyped and bought and sent to me gratis by a guy who was so furious he didn't care if he ever saw it again. I did a G.U.I vid and was blown away in a good way and then listened and was blown away in a bad way. You read the old Disturbing the Peace thread. I talked about how that guy just sent it and said nada. I felt bad about my vid cuz it was his $900 i was slammin. Nah, he said if i wasn't full of crap... he expected me to hear it and slam it. Pretty brilliant dude who is not around much anymore. I cannot compare it with X7ii because i have been so clear about that things quality that anything more is clearly bashing so I will refrain. That would get a lot of hits...but it ain't worth the credibility hit.

You ain't missing nothing. Nobody at iBasso gave Rob Watts and co any aaaaaany reason to stress :wink:

Now...

Wanna hear this X7ii and push aside speculation.

Lol, no doubt, seeing how many droid based devices are having problem between accessing internal integrated DAC vs external....no doubt on dual lol

The first company that makes a droid based device with idevice like efficiency should get a statue built in their honor. :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #125 of 6,207
Wanna hear this X7ii and push aside speculation.

I was going to join the review tour, but I just don't have time. I still owe FiiO a review of the X5III..... then again, I paid for one so maybe we're even...

Jul 17, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #126 of 6,207
I was going to join the review tour, but I just don't have time. I still owe FiiO a review of the X5III..... then again, I paid for one so maybe we're even...

I've placed my entry in the tour, but I highly doubt I'll be able to review it properly with the time constraints a tour places on a reviewer...

Never heard it either, so I don't know and can't say, but I'm a bit sad to hear that you couldn't find happiness with it. Maybe X7ii will be your next favorite DAP though!

I don't fully understand using multiple DACs either, a single very good quality DAC should be a great option in the long run!

Really love the fact that Fiio is using an ESS DAC in X7, if the power consumption would had been higher with dual DACs, maybe it is considerably better this way.

As always, implementation is much much more important than the DAC chip itself....

Jul 17, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #129 of 6,207
will the new X7 MKII support bluetooth 5.0 ??

one page back from fiio "It support Bluetooth 4.1 (aptx) ,but HD is not."

Jul 17, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #131 of 6,207
IMO, using AptX instead of AptX HD is inexcusable in a new HiFi product. Everyone needs to get with the times.

Jul 17, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #132 of 6,207
I'm following this thread as I am interested in the FiiO X7 mkii release and actual user reviews. I am especially curious on Android OS functionality/fluidity since the X7 was terrible in that regard. I am also interested in battery charge life on this device, which is the Achilles' heel of any DAP so far I've owned. I wonder if a RED model will become available at some point, too. I thought the X5iii Red looks sexy!

As a DX200 owner (two weeks in) I also wanted to chime in here. For those that are dissing iBasso's DAP and "LOL'ing" certain design choices I just want to say that so far in my time of personal audio this is by far one of the nicest and best sounding DAPs I've experienced. Despite some shortcoming, mainly OS-related (I am using custom firmware to get past that), right now this is the DAP I've chosen to be buried with because it's that good.

As for the Dual Dac design I always thought if implemented correctly dual DACs can provide better dynamic range and superior audio by having a dedicated DAC each to L & R outpt channels. Especially when it comes to Balanced Otput. But then again I'm a neophyte when it comes to all this audiophile mumbo-jumbo and I'm sure a single DAC can achieve the same thing when designed by a good electrical/audio engineer. TBH, I don't look at specs in regards to single or dual DAC, I pay more attention to brand/model of DAC and other features such as storage capabilities/options, OS, and display.

Anyway, enough of the ballyhoo. I'm still looking forward to the new X7! :)

Jul 17, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #134 of 6,207
IMO, using AptX instead of AptX HD is inexcusable in a new HiFi product. Everyone needs to get with the times.

I completely agree, the lack of aptx HD is a big let down for me.

I barely got my hands on an APT-X IEM and now you're telling me that an APT-X HD is out already? :dt880smile:

It'll take way more time for headphones and IEM companies to catch up with those, it would be better for most of us if the budget was invested in other stuff rather than BT considering that APT-X and such can be done from a smartphone while proper headphone output with dedicated AMP modules are unique to X7.

Jul 17, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #135 of 6,207
I barely got my hands on an APT-X IEM and now you're telling me that an APT-X HD is out already? :dt880smile:

It'll take way more time for headphones and IEM companies to catch up with those, it would be better for most of us if the budget was invested in other stuff rather than BT considering that APT-X and such can be done from a smartphone while proper headphone output with dedicated AMP modules are unique to X7.

c'mon now, aptx HD was offered in early 2016.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back