FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Aug 10, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #751 of 6,207
I'm posting this just to correct the above sentence, I had the tracking number in my message inbox :L3000:. My fault, no blame on Amazon with excellent service as usual.

Noticed that you have X7 with AM1-AM3. Have you tried using your X7 amps on your X7II? Any difference in sound quality with the different amps on your X7II?

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #752 of 6,207
I received my X7II (to replace my X7), I read a lot about the new hardware features but I think I did not read what hardware features were removed from the original X7.

The two features that are no longer available in the X7II (compared to the X7) is the auto-brightness (because there is no more light sensor) and the ability to detect the orientation of the device to automatically rotate the screen.

These are minor features but someone might find it interesting.

The other hardware change is the color of the screen which is warm (yellowish) instead of cold (blueish) on the original X7. (This one may be different among devices).

Aug 10, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #753 of 6,207
I received my X7II (to replace my X7), I read a lot about the new hardware features but I think I did not read what hardware features were removed from the original X7.

The two features that are no longer available in the X7II (compared to the X7) is the auto-brightness (because there is no more light sensor) and the ability to detect the orientation of the device to automatically rotate the screen.

These are minor features but someone might find it interesting.

The other hardware change is the color of the screen which is warm (yellowish) instead of cold (blueish) on the original X7. (This one may be different among devices).

Thanks for info! if this means a better screen then good. The original screen in X7 wasn't that good IMHO, several people reported the "fog" in the edges (included me) and also a kind of "dust" in the underlying glass since they 1, mostly visible on edges too, never looked very good to me considering the actual state of screen technology.

My 2 cents

Aug 10, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #754 of 6,207
Thanks for info! if this means a better screen then good. The original screen in X7 wasn't that good IMHO, several people reported the "fog" in the edges (included me) and also a kind of "dust" in the underlying glass since they 1, mostly visible on edges too, never looked very good to me considering the actual state of screen technology.

My 2 cents

I was not a fan of the raised glass on the original. Not sure why just didn't like. The recessed glass on this seems better. Purely aesthetic but...still cool

Aug 10, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #757 of 6,207
WE already have taken it to a private conversation.

You are the one who has now just diverted the subject of Fiio X7ii by posting that comment.

Lol alright guys. Lets ask about the battery life people are experiencing from real world use.

Aug 10, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #759 of 6,207
I did a battery drain test a few days ago comparing the runtime of X7ii and X5iii from fully charged.

Both set to Pure Music Mode, Screen off, WiFi & BT off, No EQ, High Gain and at Maximum Volume (120). Both players playing the same playlist from SD card and both with Beyerdynamic T5p running SE.

X7ii- 7 hours 40 minutes. (lost 13% battery per hour).

X5iii- 8 hours 47 minutes. (lost 11% battery per hour).

X7ii ran at approx 3⁰C higher temperature than X5iii during the test.

I only come here for the relaxed friendly atmosphere. :)

Aug 10, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #760 of 6,207
Lol alright guys. Lets ask about the battery life people are experiencing from real world use.

Thanks for getting the discussion back to X7II.

I will try to test-run it non-stop in my next full charge as well. As of now, the general impression is slightly faster depletion than X5III.

Have been quite busy with work, and since I received my X7II on 4 Aug, listened to it only a couple of hours so far (didn't track),but I think it does not have the battery discharging issue of X5III (earlier firmware).

Very engaging sound so far, and will be on a long flight on weekends to test battery life in real usage.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #761 of 6,207
Thanks for getting the discussion back to X7II!

I will try to test-run it non-stop in my next full charge as well. As of now, the general impression is slightly faster depletion than X5III.

Have been quite busy with work, and since I received my X7II on 4 Aug, listened to it only a couple of hours so far (didn't track),but I think it does not have the battery discharging issue of X5III (earlier firmware).

I did the test non stop, and took battery and temp readings every hour. Battery drain was very linear on both devices. X7ii dropping 13% and X5iii dropping 11% each hour.

Below is %charge showing on each device read on each hour.

X7ii: 100%, 87%, 74%, 61%, 48%, 35%, 23%, 9%

X5iii: 100%, 89%, 78%, 68%, 57%, 46%, 36%, 24%

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #762 of 6,207
I did a battery drain test a few days ago comparing the runtime of X7ii and X5iii from fully charged.

Both set to Pure Music Mode, Screen off, WiFi & BT off, No EQ, High Gain and at Maximum Volume (120). Both players playing the same playlist from SD card and both with Beyerdynamic T5p running SE.

X7ii- 7 hours 40 minutes. (lost 13% battery per hour).

X5iii- 8 hours 47 minutes. (lost 11% battery per hour).

X7ii ran at approx 3⁰C higher temperature than X5iii during the test.

I only come here for the relaxed friendly atmosphere. :)
This is quite reassuring, one would expect for the battery to last longer on a charge with low gain and lower volume (which should be the use for most people, shouldn't it?)

Aug 10, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #763 of 6,207
This is quite reassuring, one would expect for the battery to last longer on a charge with low gain and lower volume (which should be the use for most people, shouldn't it?)

Definitely would expect longer runtimes at lower gain/volume.

I originally had the two DAP's setup on a bed with a 15 tog feather duvet over them as it was quite loud with both on full blast, (and audio a fraction of a second out of sync sounds so bad), but at its highest, the temperature of the X7ii hit 51⁰, and the X5iii hit 46⁰C so I left them uncovered with the DAPs sitting on a very large aluminum mouse pad and they both settled down at round about 35⁰C. During the test covered the X7ii ran roughly 3⁰C higher than the X5iii.

The X7ii was also only a couple of days old and had only been discharged/charged a few times, so it may improve marginally as the battery conditions itself.

Aug 10, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #764 of 6,207
I can"t understand why Apple still sticks to aac in its iTunes store - they would have the power to get all labels to submit recordings in high res and could sell those at a premium.
I guess it's because 256kbps is good enough for most people and Apple is more than happy with the growth of Apple Music. Switching to lossless streaming (like Tidal) won't attract much more customers but will inevitably add cost to their infrastructure. I'd like to see Apple Music streams at CD quality, but it may never happen...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back