FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Jan 28, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #3,766 of 6,207
Just wondering, does anyone leave their DAP on all the time, like a phone? I imagine most people turn it off when it's not being used, myself included, but I was just curious.

Jan 28, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #3,767 of 6,207
Just wondering, does anyone leave their DAP on all the time, like a phone? I imagine most people turn it off when it's not being used, myself included, but I was just curious.

I hate finding a dead battery when wanting to use the x7 so I turn it off after each use.

Jan 28, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #3,768 of 6,207
I leave all mine all the time and just charge them more frequently. I don't like waiting for the power up.

Jan 28, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #3,769 of 6,207

I leave all mine all the time and just charge them more frequently. I don't like waiting for the power up.

I turn mine off every single time it is not in usage. The turn on time doesn't really bother me, and it takes me more time to pick a song than turn it on. This, and I have very clear moments when I use it and when I don't so I know that if I turn it off now, I won't be using it for the rest of the day...

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #3,770 of 6,207
I emailed Dignis about if they were going to make a case for the X7ii. This is what they said. "Unfortunately, we have no production plan for Fiio X7II case. Sorry for not being help to you."

Considering the numbers that the X7ii sells in, it seems a strange decision!

Jan 29, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #3,772 of 6,207
Maybe i am one of the few but i like the included case with the X7ii. Yes it's (very) difficult to get off but i rarely take it off. It fit nice and securely and does the job.

If you mean the clear plastic case, I too prefer it. I find the leather one slides off all too easily. My only problem is currently with my Fostex T50RP I’m using the stock cable and that doesn’t fit properly in the cutout. Otherwise it’s fine!

Jan 29, 2018 at 6:16 AM Post #3,773 of 6,207
If you mean the clear plastic case, I too prefer it. I find the leather one slides off all too easily. My only problem is currently with my Fostex T50RP I’m using the stock cable and that doesn’t fit properly in the cutout. Otherwise it’s fine!

No i mean the leather case. For me it's very difficult to remove, it sit very tightly. Strange that yours slides off easily!

Jan 29, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #3,774 of 6,207
No i mean the leather case. For me it's very difficult to remove, it sit very tightly. Strange that yours slides off easily!

Oh right! You’re lucky, then! Mine just has a tenedancy to slide right out! Nice case otherwise, though. But I prefer seeing the X7ii sexiness!

Jan 29, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #3,776 of 6,207
The leather case sits very snuggly for me as well.

I also have a Miter case which I'll write a few words about.

As for the reason why FiiO probably doesn't make one, @Darren Cotter , you have to again wonder about the price. If it was included in the package, it would add to the price of the package. But if many people don't use it, for them the price was buffed without taking advantage of it .

As for selling one separately, I don't think it is worth the effort in logistics for FiiO.

Jan 29, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #3,777 of 6,207
I didn't mean as a separate purchase, as the PU leather case will be sufficient for a lot of users. It's just as FiiO has the exact pattern for a case, couldn't they just insert real leather into the cutting machine? Regarding logistics, They already sell many accessories, like IEM leads and stacking kits, so I don't think a couple of extra cases if you include the X5iii, would slow down the supply chain.

I'd pay what Dignis would charge, about £60 to £70? for a quality real leather case and it would be nice if it was made by FiiO, to match my FiiO DAP and FiiO IEM's.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #3,778 of 6,207
I can't understand why someone isn't producing a real leather case for the X7ii. I know Miter makes one, but I don't want a case with a flip stand. FiiO is missing a trick here.
I'm actually satisfied with the two cases included with the X7 MkII. Not to mention we are paying for them somehow in the purchase price.

Of course for those that prefer a more robust case and are willing to pay for it, another option would be nice.

Jan 29, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #3,779 of 6,207
I’m probably in the minority here but would love to get a case that’s somehow compatible with the K5 desktop amp dock.

I find myself carrying the x7 during the day and docking it into the k5 at night. In most cases the x7 is naked during transport because the cases are a snug fit and too much of a hassle to peel off every evening.

I conducted surgery to my existing factory leatherette case which resulted in failure. :)

That’s what I get for trying to get crafty.

Jan 29, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #3,780 of 6,207
I’m probably in the minority here but would love to get a case that’s somehow compatible with the K5 desktop amp dock.

I find myself carrying the x7 during the day and docking it into the k5 at night. In most cases the x7 is naked during transport because the cases are a snug fit and too much of a hassle to peel off every evening.

I conducted surgery to my existing factory leatherette case which resulted in failure. :)

That’s what I get for trying to get crafty.

If you keep it naked during the day, better leave it like that while docked as well. Since it is charging while docked, you might want to keep the temps under a certain level, so leaving it naked might be a fairly good solution :darthsmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back