FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Oct 10, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #2,416 of 6,207
I don't have this issue perhaps I didn't use the widget?
Do you have offline premium content? Or do you stream only? Are you saying your offline content doesn't disappear if you shut your dap down while spotify is playing?

If this is only my unit maybe i need to return this x7-ii for another unit. Doubt it as the fiio x5-mk3 had the same issue which was often complained about.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #2,417 of 6,207
Do you have offline premium content? Or do you stream only? Are you saying your offline content doesn't disappear if you shut your dap down while spotify is playing?

If this is only my unit maybe i need to return this x7-ii for another unit. Doubt it as the fiio x5-mk3 had the same issue which was often complained about.

I offline the songs when I use the spotify app. No issues for me as mentioned

The disappearing songs issue is a "known bug", you need to do couple of things to "reset" it. A search will yield some result

Oct 10, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #2,418 of 6,207
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this tech, and I have a question that might have already replied somewhere but after searching the whole morning I cannot found any answers.

I know this is best to listen the music as FLAC format using this, however is there a significant change to listen MP3 with it rather than a phone for example?

I have only mp3 files from my google play store, and buying the physical CD of my whole collection in order to convert them in FLAC will cost to much money to me.

So what your opinion? And same with Spotify Music?

Thanks
HqSeO

Oct 10, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #2,419 of 6,207
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this tech, and I have a question that might have already replied somewhere but after searching the whole morning I cannot found any answers.

I know this is best to listen the music as FLAC format using this, however is there a significant change to listen MP3 with it rather than a phone for example?

I have only mp3 files from my google play store, and buying the physical CD of my whole collection in order to convert them in FLAC will cost to much money to me.

Thanks
HqSeO

Welcome HqSeO! Copy your MP3's to your new device and enjoy that you have. Converting them to FLAC will not add detail that is not there. Then add to your library with lossless files as you are able.

Cheers... Brian

Oct 10, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #2,420 of 6,207
Hey everyone,

Thanks
HqSeO

Yes, the improvements with MP3 and Spotify are present!

It is the amplifier circuit and the DAC that changes everything. The MP3 vs FLAC discussion is meant in another direction, you can totally enjoy MP3s and spotify with X7mkii and be very happy!

Oct 10, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #2,422 of 6,207
To answer quality with mp3 and the x7ii, you'll want flac for max potential but you should get a quality upgrade using compressed files as well vs a noisy cell phone or lesser dap. This includes Spotify which really I'm surprised on the extra details the x7ii brings forward vs my cell phones; something i wasn't expecting. Make sure you're using at least 320kbps on your compressed files and set your spotify quality to extreme which is 320kbps ogg.

I offline the songs when I use the spotify app. No issues for me as mentioned

The disappearing songs issue is a "known bug", you need to do couple of things to "reset" it. A search will yield some result
I've reinstalled spotify properly to get it all back with offline content but every time i accidentally forget to close spotify out and reboot/shut down I'm having to redownload 1,000 offline content.

What I'd like to hear from FiiO is how they're solving this issue. I can buy a second x7ii and I'm certain it'll have the same issue.

Has there been an update that has solved this problem?

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #2,423 of 6,207
Have Sony PHA A2 and Q1 Mark 2 amps/dacs, when i connect it to x7ii by OTG cable thier is no sound why?

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #2,424 of 6,207
What I'd like to hear from FiiO is how they're solving this issue. I can buy a second x7ii and I'm certain it'll have the same issue.

Has there been an update that has solved this problem?

I recall this being discussed ad nauseum in the X5iii thread. It's not a problem with the device and not something FiiO can solve. The issue is with the Spotify service itself and being logged in with more than one device/PC. A quick Google search should yield a myriad of results of other non-FiiO devices also having this issue. In short, it's Spotify's DRM, but is more accutely noticable on a DAP because one is less likely to restart their phone. Besides, phones are always online anyway which allows the Spotify app to phone home.

Oct 10, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #2,425 of 6,207
Besides, phones are always online anyway which allows the Spotify app to phone home.

I've noticed the "phoning home" issue with Tidal too. You're in airplane mode for your 6 hour flight, and suddenly none of your offline content is available. At least Tidal doesn't delete it though - it's still there once the X7ii reconnects to Tidal's servers. I wish these services gave us a little more grace time.

Oct 10, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #2,427 of 6,207
I did not know this issue existed with either of those two apps... While I can respect their decision to implement some kind of security, this sounds rather bad for the user...
I haven't had this problem with Tidal, you just select your downloaded content and log into Tidal in Offline mode if needed. I do it all the time when I am commuting to and from work as I cannot connect to WiFi but I can listen to my downloaded files.

Oct 10, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #2,428 of 6,207
I understand the issue with other devices popping up as well but it seem to be based on particular devices, maybe the way they're programmed to turn off or shutdown and the internal process of closing apps down.

I've had an older Sony android dap as well as the not so old, but still 2 gens back, ZX1 and these never had the issue of Spotify offline content disappearing and i constantly turned those off.

I recall this being discussed ad nauseum in the X5iii thread. It's not a problem with the device and not something FiiO can solve. The issue is with the Spotify service itself and being logged in with more than one device/PC. A quick Google search should yield a myriad of results of other non-FiiO devices also having this issue. In short, it's Spotify's DRM, but is more accutely noticable on a DAP because one is less likely to restart their phone. Besides, phones are always online anyway which allows the Spotify app to phone home.

Oct 10, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #2,429 of 6,207
I haven't had this problem with Tidal, you just select your downloaded content and log into Tidal in Offline mode if needed. I do it all the time when I am commuting to and from work as I cannot connect to WiFi but I can listen to my downloaded files.

That works for me too - but not forever. There are time limits they want to include (understandably) to avoid somebody simply downloading the entire catalogue and then reverting to offline mode before unsubscribing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back