FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Sep 14, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #1,877 of 6,207
Can't say it for certain (wait for confirmation), but there shouldn't be any problem with reading the card (on Android).

Btw, my love should arrive in 3 hours. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #1,878 of 6,207
I just published our 4-page X7ii review on HFN: https://www.headfonia.com/fiio-x7ii-award-material/
Enjoy!
Excellent review

"Some things I don’t like at the moment are the fact that the X7ii on each reboot switches off the shuffle setting and that it reads my 200gb card really slow. When reading songs from the card you easily have to wait for a second or more before the song to switch, and it takes even longer for the screen to update with the new song that’s playing."

I don't have this problem with my X5 3, so X7 II with 2GB RAM shouldn't be having this problem. May be it is just with your unit but I don't know.

Anyone else experiencing this with your X7 II?

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #1,879 of 6,207
I just switched to AM5 and dug out my older ZA Duoza's. What a great synergy .

Soundstage to me is being in front of stage in small club, intimate.

Vocals have an airy openness and separation. Guitars (electric; have a good edge to them Acoustic: sound crisp and clear)

Cymbals have tight crisp brass sound like being there. I like the way the Muse Amps reproduce even though not balanced output put the soundstage is fairly wide. Playing in FiiO player.

Sep 14, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #1,880 of 6,207
Sep 14, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #1,881 of 6,207
Got my X7II a little while ago and am loving it. The sound is sublime, and a noticeable step up in clarity and detail from the X7. In fact, my only gripe is that they didn't include a side piece/screw cover for the left-hand side of the device that fits when I use the AM0 non-amped module (I've been going back and forth between the AM3A it came with and connecting it by line-out to my Fiio A5 or my Fostex HP-P1.)

Sep 14, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #1,883 of 6,207
Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #1,885 of 6,207
Love this pairing with the AM3A

IMG_2424.JPG

Sep 14, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #1,887 of 6,207
Love this pairing with the AM3A

Rats! I am seriously considering purchasing the X7mkii and recently there was someone here in Canada selling a brand new sealed pair of P9 Sigs for $400 below retail. I hesitated and they were gone. I hesitated because I am also considering the Mr Speaker Aeons. I can't help but wonder if the Aeons might be a little bright for me. I tend to gravitate to warmer sounding headphones but also appreciate clarity.

Sep 14, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #1,888 of 6,207
Rats! I am seriously considering purchasing the X7mkii and recently there was someone here in Canada selling a brand new sealed pair of P9 Sigs for $400 below retail. I hesitated and they were gone. I hesitated because I am also considering the Mr Speaker Aeons. I can't help but wonder if the Aeons might be a little bright for me. I tend to gravitate to warmer sounding headphones but also appreciate clarity.
Surprisingly, the X7 MKII drives the P9's very well. I'm not sure if the P9's are meant to be portable but they are some of the most easy to drive headphones in my line up. With the X7 MKII I'm getting a beautiful full range sound. The bass is simply superb. There's not a hint of harness in the top end just good full bodied music.

Sep 14, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #1,889 of 6,207
Surprisingly, the X7 MKII drives the P9's very well. I'm not sure if the P9's are meant to be portable but they are some of the most easy to drive headphones in my line up. With the X7 MKII I'm getting a beautiful full range sound. The bass is simply superb. There's not a hint of harness in the top end just good full bodied music.

Well, I'm using PM-3's as my portable cans right now. I don't think he P9's are that much bigger or bulkier, plus they grip pretty tight so they won't fall of while out and about. I really should have grabbed them. Even if I didn't like them I'm sure I could have recouped all or almost all of my money.

Sep 14, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #1,890 of 6,207
Just wondering if the X7 Mk II can power these baby with stock module. Use high gain?

300Ω / 108db

Mod Comment - removed link to Easy Earphones product (banned seller)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back