FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Sep 14, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #1,861 of 6,207
Dear friend,

Sorry to hear about that. Could you please confirm plugging the headphone into the jack fully enough and your headphone has the same definition as our balanced port(L-L+R+R-)

Best regards

Well, I do not know what happen to those demo set but i went to another shop to try and both sides is ok so I had just bought one which left 1 set only from that shop. But i do find the balance jack does not seems to be firm from my new set too. Although it is working well now but worry that it is not durable.

Sep 14, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #1,863 of 6,207
Sep 14, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #1,865 of 6,207
Dear friend,

Does the issue you mentioned happen to a certain album? Please try to update the media library to see if it helps? Can you find the certain artist for that album from artist category? Or maybe you can find the album from unknown artist?

Best regards
Thank you for your swift reply @FiiO
I can see all of the artists on the artists sorting. However, taping on the artist name to expand the folder, I only see the SD albums (if any present). For those artists that I have only HD albums, the folder appears empty.
I have updated the library already.
I can send you a video of the issue if this can be of any help.

Sep 14, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #1,866 of 6,207
Thank man

What exactly would you like to know?
Particularly regarding usb out and how you tested it as i want to understand if it does indeed work on the x7ii why it isn't working on the X5 III. You inputs are much appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: I must admit it is not a function advertised as with the X5 III. At least i couldn't find anywhere.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #1,869 of 6,207
I haven't compared them booting up I have to admit, but I didn't notice any particular behavior. If I find some time tonight I'll compare both for you

Sep 14, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #1,871 of 6,207
Particularly regarding usb out and how you tested it as i want to understand if it does indeed work on the x7ii why it isn't working on the X5 III. You inputs are much appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: I must admit it is not a function advertised as with the X5 III. At least i couldn't find anywhere.

Would like to know samething.

Sep 14, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #1,872 of 6,207

Would like to know samething.

There's not much to tell about that part really. You use a micro USB OTG cable, hook them up and try to get a signal. Mind you, the L1 findings were confirmed by Marcus as well.
I only managed to get the X5iii to connect to Chord's units, and not a single other DAC got a signal at the time of testing. (but maybe a newer FW fixed that issue).

Sep 14, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #1,873 of 6,207
So ot does work with the chord thats not bad what about upsampling?

Sep 14, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #1,874 of 6,207
Just to reiterate a warning I made several pages back... Be cautious about using USB out into anything. It did work for me (into a Chord DAC), but only briefly. It would reliably cause the X7ii to freeze, requiring a hard re-boot. At one point after such a reboot, the device stopped accepting a charge. I had to do a couple of factory resets before I was able to get the unit charging again. There's definitely some stability issues with USB out.

Sep 14, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #1,875 of 6,207

Users who are viewing this thread

Back