FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Sep 14, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #17,583 of 18,020
What is the best android player? I'm not talking about only about X7 for installation, but in general - I also have other devices which need it. For sure, as Russian, I'm talking about free one))

Sep 17, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #17,585 of 18,020
any body NOT having problems with this dap?

I'll put my hand up for that. Mine works just fine for me, BUT (and it is a very big "but") I use mine only in 'Pure Music' mode and only for playback from the inbuilt memory. No streaming, no Bluetooth, no Android apps, not even an SD memory card in there. All I need/want is a basic player that can hold about 2000 songs in M4A format and sounds great, and the X7 with the latest firmware upgrade does that for me.

Sep 17, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #17,586 of 18,020
I'll put my hand up for that. Mine works just fine for me, BUT (and it is a very big "but") I use mine only in 'Pure Music' mode and only for playback from the inbuilt memory. No streaming, no Bluetooth, no Android apps, not even an SD memory card in there. All I need/want is a basic player that can hold about 2000 songs in M4A format and sounds great, and the X7 with the latest firmware upgrade does that for me.

I used it in pure music mode, but mostly with the Hiby Player and that works fine. I use a 200gb sdcard that is full, no issues and Spotify and Tidal work just as they should. I am a satisfied user.

Sep 17, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #17,587 of 18,020
any body NOT having problems with this dap?
There is nothing in the material reality which is perfect - everything without exception have it's own number of problems, because our reality is under influence of original sin and cosmological drama which was played way before material reality become in existence. So all property which we own, have imperfections - houses, cars, smartphones, lap-tops, mouses, our bodies need to be taken care of and corrected with time. X7 is one small element of the whole system. So it is imperfect and has it is own issue. But the question is how far can we criticize something and how well can we appreciate and be grateful for what we have? Grateful person never feel the lack of something. Fiio is probably the most responsive and attentive to (at least) support of X7. No other device I own has so much care on different levels of its supporting and developing. 3 year player and it is not given up. I cannot think of other device which is supported and updated so much.
I use X7 as transport (connecting it to Alo Rx (iem edition) through LO) and it is wonderful DAP overall. Fiio music is the best digital player I saw, and, basically, bought it because of it. The level of comfort and flexibility in its configuration is just so high, no other player (program) can compete with it. X7 everything what is needed and even more for the audiophile in 2017 and that will be so in years. I cannot even find competitor to it in terms of it's usage overall and its possibility with additional accessories. I can say that I have no problem with it.
p.s: btw, IMHO, tidal (created by masons) and other alike services spread primitive, perverted, shallow, distractive for soul, society, family and personality in general "music". Real treasures, pure, clean, master-piece, heavenly Music cannot be found in such garbage bin.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #17,589 of 18,020
It is business and we exist (and support by our own choice) in satanic-capitalist system, so everything in it exist to make profit. Fiio is just an element. But the level of support is high. Again back to the question of our modesty. People from "1 world country" are spoiled as much as no other people in human history. So I'm not surprised to see so much people from there crying and being disappointed about literally everything. No God - no truth, no love, no life, no satisfaction, no gratefulness. Just self worshipping..

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #17,591 of 18,020
Nobody forces you (anybody of us) to live in the country, city where you are, work on the place where you work and buy expensive equipment, especially AK. It is our own choice. There are hermits who is living alone or in small communities and structure their existence as they wish. They chose not to be in the system and have no problems with audiophilic equipment at all. If the one has ability to use electricity, bath, toilet paper and has food everyday even few times, he (lives better than any king in human history until 20th cent. and better than 98% of all population in the current world) become spoilt and addictive\highly depending on comfort. So, I guess all of us who are buying such expensive equipment and in audiophile world at all are pretty spoilt. It also will depend who we define being spoilt and what our comparison to. Jesus, John the Baptist and monks, for example - are the tuning-fork by which we can compare whether we as much free and desireless in personal needs as they are or...
p.s: plz do not rewrite your messages with completely different words and meaning - it breaks conversation for all readers and between us). I'm answering to the phrase you deleted that "you lost 600$ on fake advertisement of ak DAP etc"

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #17,592 of 18,020
i have no car and live at work so i dont pay bills , just a few thou on some portable hifi over a few years. sound is what drives this universe and i want to posess it.

\ps sorry i was rambling a bit and refined my comment

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #17,593 of 18,020
exactly, you want it and it is disease of the soul. Take any serious world religion, any serious philosophy, any great thinker and you will see one important thought among all of them - we suffer because of our desires...Even among audiophiles (at least Russians) exist phrase - the audiophile must suffer))
So it is not Fiio or any other brand which makes you suffer, it is your own desires...as well as all our which makes us suffer and sick for the best quality we can achieve.

Sep 17, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #17,594 of 18,020
its my job to cook and when i say its good, you better grab your forks , although it wont be perfect it will be a perfect version of itself , it will never be perfect but that is the beauty of it, The dish can always be better no matter what.

Was the x7 a perfect version of itself when it was presented, or even 2 new daps and 3 years later? If they claimed it was good sounding ,some times working, constantly lagging, some what overheating with shot streaming capabilites and 900 dollars then yes i would state that the player is a perfect version of what it intended to be an and would have no complaints after i forked over my 2 weeks pay

I totally agree with your points on the deeper level but as I am spending hard earned plastic Its only fair to expect the exact product they claim it to be

I was nearly goin to buy this dap despite its minor short commings as i see them but the facts are there are 2 newer models out now leaving thousands of x7 customers with a halfbaked and devalued flagship flapping around, and the xii t seem any better even though that is not the point, the point is it just shows the true character
thanks again headfi

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #17,595 of 18,020
Your analogy with cooking is amazing and there are few versions of X7 when it is perfect. For example, now; 2.0; 3.3.0 ...)) Bro, you asked whether there are happy users with X7 - you received "yes" positive answer from 3 people and it is only those who expressed their opinion and read your message (slight minority of users in the whole world). It only means, that some people can be spoiled or X7 is not yet working for their specific needs and unique conditions (for example, X7 does not work with DSD while it is used as external DAC yet - but it still stays just small minus overall).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back