FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Sep 4, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #17,552 of 18,019
@harpo1 how do you like 3.3.2 so far?

Hey also I'm looking at the changes from x7 to x7ii. Apparently on Fiio's brochure, it says the x7ii "has more thought put into it's design" has shielding on all important components for better sound quality.

I wonder how audible are these changes. If one were to compare how audible some of these sound changes are. :thinking: I understand it could potentially reduce noise from other components, but...just how audible are these.

I'm not worried about the DAC chip. As long as the 9018S sounds good enough for me.

Sep 4, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #17,553 of 18,019

Hey also I'm looking at the changes from x7 to x7ii. Apparently on Fiio's brochure, it says the x7ii "has more thought put into it's design" has shielding on all important components for better sound quality.

I wonder how audible are these changes. If one were to compare how audible some of these sound changes are. :thinking: I understand it could potentially reduce noise from other components, but...just how audible are these.

I'm not worried about the DAC chip. As long as the 9018S sounds good enough for me.
New Theme seems to slow the UI down. Tidal still has the stuttering issue both during streaming and offline playback so back to the drawer it goes. Pretty much useless to me if it can't stream.

Sep 5, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #17,555 of 18,019

As soon as I receive the X7 II to test I will tell you. I also am only willing to upgrade if the improvement is substantial sound wise.

Will do direct comparison with both devices.

Sep 5, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #17,558 of 18,019
Took a few tries, but my upgrade to FM 3.3 is complete. I run my X7 in Pure Music mode - no streaming - just a simple playback device into my 1540s.

So far it is working flawlessly. I can't hear any tonality change. I do think there is some small SQ improvement - more detail, clarity and separation - but audio memory is a fickle beast so I am not 100% certain about that. I wonder if the increased detail and clarity gives an impression of increased brightness?

Sep 6, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #17,559 of 18,019
Guess here will be no difference and all bugs will be on place since firmware are identical.
Sad, but instead of listening our bug reports they are implemented new theme.
I don't understand how this software team can make so much work for themselves. FIIO should Hire a new software team that knows what they are doing before it's too late.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 7, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #17,561 of 18,019
My X7i has the latest software installed but I get a lot of lag between touching play and actual playing, also I now get the VU meter reading but nothing comes through the headphones and I need to power it off and back on again to get it to work if I pause it. Again on the pause, sometimes it will play after a pause and sometimes not, it just freezes and needs a master reset. And boy does it get hot! Anybody else seeing this, or have I missed it in the thread somewhere?

Sep 8, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #17,562 of 18,019
Has anyone already succesfully tried the 400gb micro sdcard from SanDisk with the old X7? One of the reasons for me to get the X7-ii would be the 2 slots, but with a 400gb card woukd make it less necessary.
Thanks!

Sep 8, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #17,563 of 18,019
I updated to FW 3.3.2:

- Yes it fixes battery info percentage.
- But operating in Android and FiiO Music is generally more slowly than previous firmwares.
- And sometimes, not always, when i turn off screen, also turns off music.
- When I start or turn on my X7, its resume on a position, a song, of which i'm when i turn off the device some days after, not the last time i turn off.
- Also, using it browsing by folders, when the last song on the current folder finished, instead of continue with the next folder, continues to a random folder, or to a song, of which i'm when i turn off some days after, not the last time i turn off or sometimes not continues to nothing. Simply stops playing music.
- Also takes about 2 to 3 minutes to begin scanning.
- No artwork on FiiO Music main/first screen.
- And in last firmware FiiO remove the option to move the icons in the main/first screen of FiiO Music.

¡¡¡But it has a new theme!!!

Sorry but i return to FW 3.3.0 that runs best. It's not perfect and has another bugs, but runs best.
Dear friend,

Thank you for your kind report and we will have a test about that first.
But I tried the artwork in FiiO Music main screen you mentioned. The artwork is visable. Or am I wrong?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 8, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #17,564 of 18,019
My X7i has the latest software installed but I get a lot of lag between touching play and actual playing, also I now get the VU meter reading but nothing comes through the headphones and I need to power it off and back on again to get it to work if I pause it. Again on the pause, sometimes it will play after a pause and sometimes not, it just freezes and needs a master reset. And boy does it get hot! Anybody else seeing this, or have I missed it in the thread somewhere?

Hi Richard. I have never noticed any lag between play and playing, nor any lack of sound when the VU meter is active. You will see from previous threads above, that there are numerous complaints rearing the software "team", who seem to introduce new bugs every time they release an update. Some people think they are more concerned with inventing new "features" rather than squashing the bugs. It never used to be the case when "Joe Bloggs" was part of the team, as he used to make sure that complaints were dealt with promptly. It was very much against FiiO's interest when they released him and the software/firmware side has produced more complaints since that time.

I presume you are aware that the VU meter will go off to a different screen, if you touch it with your finger. You shouldn't lose the sound when pausing it. I have never experienced the symptoms which you describe, nor any freezing that I can recall.

Regarding the tendency to get hot, they do tend to run hot, especially if you leave the case on, or use it in your shirt pocket. The new mark 2 model runs even hotter. It may be worth trying switching the settings from low to high, where it could be run at a lower volume.

Regards, Dave

PS I haven't heard the name "DickyMint" since I was a kid, many years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back