FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Nov 17, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #15,211 of 18,020
  Hi, OBA 49ner
According to the feedback from our users, the newest Hiby Player is available in FW3.0.7. We can send the APP which we download from Hiby Music to you if you want it. You can check the PM. 

Hi Fiio,

I've downloaded Hibyplayer from the Playstore, but I get 'unknown error' when I try to play a track (m4a, Flac or Wav) using 3.0.7 beta. Could it be another version than the one you use? If so, can you send me the right version? Thank you very much!

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #15,212 of 18,020
i was wondering why with neutron when i play 96/24 files it send it as 48000 when connected with coax to the mojo, why the downsampling

is there a way to fix this?

This is also a problem again in v3.07beta, it was fixed in previous beta versions. The coax output to my Chord Hugo is down-sampled and will not play .dsf files at all. However for me the good news is that Bluetooth aptx is working very well with my Chord Hugo and QBD 76. The SQ is excellent and the connection range is much improved.

Nov 17, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #15,213 of 18,020
Holy crap you guys. I just got my balanced cables from effect audio, plugged them into AM3 and it sounds so good! I can't compare to other balanced sources yet, but I'm very happy with what I'm hearing!

With that said, I'd still like to see a stable FW update during my lifetime :)

Nov 17, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #15,214 of 18,020
  Holy crap you guys. I just got my balanced cables from effect audio, plugged them into AM3 and it sounds so good! I can't compare to other balanced sources yet, but I'm very happy with what I'm hearing!

I, almost exclusively, use the AM3. Balanced with the EL-8 and single output with the HD-650. There"s more than enough power to drive the HD-650 and I find the AM3 matches nicely with the it as opposed to the other modules which, to my ears, are a bit warmer.

My favorite module.

Nov 17, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #15,215 of 18,020

He He, same hopes here ... :wink:

Holy cow I agree! I don't ask for anything better than what I'm listening with X7/AM3 balanced - as someone said, its ultrageous to walk around with a sound quality of this caliber - particularly with a TOTL IEM for which the majority of people doesn't make the closest idea how high they can reach.

Regards

Nov 17, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #15,216 of 18,020
He He, same hopes here ...
wink.gif

Holy cow I agree! I don't ask for anything better than what I'm listening with X7/AM3 balanced - as someone said, its ultrageous to walk around with a sound quality of this caliber - particularly with a TOTL IEM for which the majority of people doesn't make the closest idea how high they can reach.

Regards

X7/AM3 balanced output sounding jaw dropping with Fidu A83 IEs outside and at home with Meze 99 classics (Russ Andrews balanced
gs1000.gif
re cable) but yes oh for Fiio to get their player to have the stability and functionality of Sony Music or Apple

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #15,218 of 18,020
@FiiO
is it possible to change the battery of x7? my unit only last 5 hours with AM1. the file im using mostly flac and m4a. i have it almost a year, still under warranty til next month.

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #15,219 of 18,020
Wow... Wish I heard the same as you guys. Balanced sounds identical to me.

Its the same chipset - just two of them.  Its meant to sound identical. You can't help human nature though

I want it to sound better - therefore it is

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #15,220 of 18,020

Its the same chipset - just two of them.  Its meant to sound identical. You can't help human nature though

I want it to sound better - therefore it is

Actually, while it is the same chipset, isn't the implementation slightly different? As in, you're going through more OPA1622's when you listen to the SE out (as with FiiO's diagram on their website). Please correct me if I'm wrong in any way, I'm no electrical engineer.
tongue.gif

I have to say that I'm in the camp that does hear a difference with the AM3. While the difference between the SE and balanced isn't nearly as big as I've heard with other amps, I still could hear one (although somewhat subtle) after volume-matching. Though I do acknowledge that it could be my brain just wanting to hear that.

Nov 18, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #15,221 of 18,020
This is also a problem again in v3.07beta, it was fixed in previous beta versions. The coax output to my Chord Hugo is down-sampled and will not play .dsf files at all. However for me the good news is that Bluetooth aptx is working very well with my Chord Hugo and QBD 76. The SQ is excellent and the connection range is much improved.

fiio will this be fixed

Nov 18, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #15,222 of 18,020
  @FiiO
is it possible to change the battery of x7? my unit only last 5 hours with AM1. the file im using mostly flac and m4a. i have it almost a year, still under warranty til next month.

Hi, and132
Do you mean that you would like to change the battery by yourself? Are you capable to do it?  After fully charged, your X7 with AM1 module only works 5hours, right?

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 18, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #15,223 of 18,020
  Hi, and132
Do you mean that you would like to change the battery by yourself? Are you capable to do it?  After fully charged, your X7 with AM1 module only works 5hours, right?

no, i mean i send it back to the local distributor to replace the old one with the new battery. can i get that? because my unit still under warranty.

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #15,224 of 18,020

Actually, while it is the same chipset, isn't the implementation slightly different? As in, you're going through more OPA1622's when you listen to the SE out (as with FiiO's diagram on their website). Please correct me if I'm wrong in any way, I'm no electrical engineer.
tongue.gif

I have to say that I'm in the camp that does hear a difference with the AM3. While the difference between the SE and balanced isn't nearly as big as I've heard with other amps, I still could hear one (although somewhat subtle) after volume-matching. Though I do acknowledge that it could be my brain just wanting to hear that.

There is theory that says that if you volume match all X7 amps, SE or balanced, they all sound equal, same sound signature and frequency response.
More... if you volume match X7 with X5 and X3, there's no difference either, same with DAPS from other manufacturers.

So I wonder, why do manufacturers care building all this stuff?

My 2 cents

[Edit] Forgot to say, firmwares also don't make a difference in SQ ... 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #15,225 of 18,020

tongue.gif

With HD 650, theAM3  difference between SE and balanced is stunning. Double power and increased grab on the drivers might be the explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back