FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Nov 8, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #15,121 of 18,019
I don't mind giving feedback on the beta. But I wasn't asked, and I experienced issues with coaxial output to a DAC. I reported it, and I received no acknowledgement. I would think that it would be prudent to invite users who use X7 in a variety of conditions to give feedback.

In daily usage, well, no problem I simply stop using the Chord Mojo DAC. Actually the X7 currently sounds very good so I have no significant real world problems using it standalone. At the same time is there disappointment with the issues with Mojo that did not occur with FW2.0? Yes, as well. I don't think these two sides of my feelings are contradictory.

So hey, I think I can understand both perspective, be it those who approach this as a beta or those who are disappointed and frustrated with issues that occur.

Nov 9, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #15,122 of 18,019
I'm one of those users who got fed up participating with Beta - and yes I understand what Beta is. Yes at one point I also was on the verge deciding to sell my X7 - but I changed my mind to wait for the final Android 5.X release.

But don't tell me at any one point you didn't get disappointed, even by just a little bit with all that's happening. I can already cite one example - which you pointed out that the forums are a mess.

I like FiiO and that's why i post all the feedback in quite a number of their threads - my feedback is to merely point out the areas of improvement that they can do towards their support and product. Now if they decided to not comment on our feedback - then it's their decision not to do so and I'm sure they have a very good reason in doing so

So for now, I will try be contented with the current firmware, i hope a few more will do. I made my voice heard and now I'm stepping back and will just wait for the final SW release. we are "not being punished by the actions of a few" - well if you look it that way then i can't blame you. I may be part of that reason. but my intentions were true and voiced coming from a customer who want's to be fully proud of the device that he purchased.

My remarks were not aimed at users such as yourself who put forward feedback in a reasonable manner regarding faults which they have found with updated betas, some of which have either introduced new faults or failed to cure previous faults.  If you look at page 1007, you will see a post where a user has taken issue with another poster in respect of a totally offensive post, aimed at FiiO.  That user subject of the complaint, makes a habit of posting that type of post and it is no wonder that FiiO have lost patience, as a result of which we have now lost the facility of knowing when a new beta has been issued.  I have been quite lucky with my X7.  I use folder mode with FiiO Music and have had very few problems, apart from gapless, which seems to have improved since the last update.  I'm sure we are all looking forward to the updated non-beta firmware, but no doubt it won't be absolutely perfect.

Nov 9, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #15,123 of 18,019
Is there a way to sort albums by year?
Is there a way to show the cover art without cropping? 

I am using FW 2.0

Nov 9, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #15,124 of 18,019
Is it possible to install Google Play Music onto X7 running FW2.0?

Nov 9, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #15,125 of 18,019
My remarks were not aimed at users such as yourself who put forward feedback in a reasonable manner regarding faults which they have found with updated betas, some of which have either introduced new faults or failed to cure previous faults.  If you look at page 1007, you will see a post where a user has taken issue with another poster in respect of a totally offensive post, aimed at FiiO.  That user subject of the complaint, makes a habit of posting that type of post and it is no wonder that FiiO have lost patience, as a result of which we have now lost the facility of knowing when a new beta has been issued.  I have been quite lucky with my X7.  I use folder mode with FiiO Music and have had very few problems, apart from gapless, which seems to have improved since the last update.  I'm sure we are all looking forward to the updated non-beta firmware, but no doubt it won't be absolutely perfect.

I too am looking forward to the non-Beta release. It's good that you cleared up your comment. And if see anything that you think is against (or bordering to) the forum rules - flag the post. The Mods will surely address it.

Nov 9, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #15,127 of 18,019
I have been using the DLNA feature to access music on a WD WIFI my passport hard drive. A problem I have is that if I access the music as an album or folder, the tracks are listed and played in alphabetic order.

Does anyone know if this will be fixed on the new firmware? I can't find it mentioned anywhere.

If anyone is interested, this hard drive works well and at present I have about 1TB, 20,000 tracks loaded. Total storage is 3TB. The model is WD 3TB My Passport Wireless Pro Portable External Hard Drive - WIFI USB 3.0 - WDBSMT0030BBK-NESN.

................Jim

Nov 9, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #15,130 of 18,019
It certainly seems so.

I'm currently running FW2.0, just downloaded GP music and the samples played seamlessly.
Not a subscriber, so can't comment on that side. Tidal is predominantly the feeder for my listening.

Sure, just DL it from Google on the X7

Never installed anything onto my X7, so wasn't even aware there was a play store on it. Thought it was just the Fiio store app. 
Anyway installed Google Play music and all seems to be working fine.
thanks

Nov 9, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #15,131 of 18,019
  I have been using the DLNA feature to access music on a WD WIFI my passport hard drive. A problem I have is that if I access the music as an album or folder, the tracks are listed and played in alphabetic order.

Does anyone know if this will be fixed on the new firmware? I can't find it mentioned anywhere.

I have the same problem.

I contacted Fiio support and was told that they are aware of the problem, but that it is technically difficult to solve. This issue does not seem to be a priority.

Personally, the X7's inability to organize and play songs from a NAS drive according to track numbers makes its DLNA feature - almost - useless.

Interestingly... other music apps, which can be installed on the X7, can play the tracks according to the track numbers. But I would rather stick to the Fiio native player.

Nov 10, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #15,133 of 18,019
Still unable to save Tidal offline music to the SD card. I am trying FW3.0.6 beta thinking that as it is Android 5.1 it will solve the issue with Tidal but it is not. You can only save songs to the NAND sd card (32GB). Is there any way to overcome this? I Think it is a Tidal issue because I have read that Spotify can save it to the external sd card. 

Nov 10, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #15,135 of 18,019

Personally, the X7's inability to organize and play songs from a NAS drive according to track numbers makes its DLNA feature - almost - useless.

Interestingly... other music apps, which can be installed on the X7, can play the tracks according to the track numbers. But I would rather stick to the Fiio native player.

FiiO app plays according with track numbers if you open an album, either on album view or on artist/album view.
Btw, IMHO, when you open an artist it should default to album view, not an A-Z list of all songs mixed up.

What I really don't like and I've written it here several times is that when you're playing on track no. inside an album and you reboot/resume (Resume=ON), it resumes in the same song but always in A-Z sorting, by other words its impossible to listen to an whole album on correct track order if you shutdown and reboot - also please please ... albuns inside genres.

I don't understant really the "priority" to A-Z track lists as the examples given, I am from the time (since then and actual) that you buy a LP or a CD and you listen to it from 1 to X, by the order the artist intended it to be - everything to me makes sense in albums, thats why you can make playlists with whatever you want...

Just my 2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back