FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Nov 10, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #15,136 of 18,020

FiiO app plays according with track numbers if you open an album, either on album view or on artist/album view.
Btw, IMHO, when you open an artist it should default to album view, not an A-Z list of all songs mixed up.

What I really don't like and I've written it here several times is that when you're playing on track no. inside an album and you reboot/resume (Resume=ON), it resumes in the same song but always in A-Z sorting, by other words its impossible to listen to an whole album on correct track order if you shutdown and reboot - also please please ... albuns inside genres.

I don't understant really the "priority" to A-Z track lists as the examples given, I am from the time (since then and actual) that you buy a LP or a CD and you listen to it from 1 to X, by the order the artist intended it to be - everything to me makes sense in albums, thats why you can make playlists with whatever you want...

Just my 2 cents

I always use folder view which loads the albums as individual albums.  I usually name the tracks with a leading number; i.e. 101, 102 etc, which then lists them in order

Nov 10, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #15,137 of 18,020
  I always use folder view which loads the albums as individual albums.  I usually name the tracks with a leading number; i.e. 101, 102 etc, which then lists them in order

Thanks for feedback. That's a way of doing it, it would solve my problem with the resume but I see that as a "turnaround" that shouldn't be necessary for the issue of resume feature.

The correct behaviour for the app when resuming from a reboot is simply to "resume", continue what it was playing... if the user is playing a A-Z track list from artist and its on track "R", then resume at "R" and then play "S", "T", ... ; if user is playing inside an album and is playing track 4, then resume 4 and play 5, 6, ... the logic of "Resume" is very straightforward, IMHO...

Regards

Nov 10, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #15,138 of 18,020

FiiO app plays according with track numbers if you open an album, either on album view or on artist/album view.
Btw, IMHO, when you open an artist it should default to album view, not an A-Z list of all songs mixed up.

In my experience, when connecting the X7 to my DLNA NAS drive, the X7 displays and plays the songs within an album alphabetically.This was confirmed by Fiiio support.

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #15,141 of 18,020
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 11, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #15,142 of 18,020
I have just updated!
1) So far noticed that charge is being out quickly...
If I'm not mistaken, the best beta was 3d one in the sense of battery life.
2) Before second reboot:
a) Finally!!! DSD Tracks starts to be playing. :D So happy!! First time in 5 months!! 
b) Rewinding does not work at all. It is impossible to manage the time of the song played - only current one is enabled. (you can't go back or forward during playing)
After reboot, DSD tracks are not played again and I'm allowed to scroll during the play((
3) the speed of downloading on internal storage is around 7.29-7.49 mb/s. Sure it is better than it was.  

Nov 12, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #15,143 of 18,020
It is at http://pan.baidu.com/s/1kUOp8vt
good luck downloading it. It is very slow. I have been downloading for 2 hours and it is at 6%.

Nov 12, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #15,144 of 18,020

What I really don't like and I've written it here several times is that when you're playing on track no. inside an album and you reboot/resume (Resume=ON), it resumes in the same song but always in A-Z sorting, by other words its impossible to listen to an whole album on correct track order if you shutdown and reboot - also please please ... albuns inside genres.

I don't understant really the "priority" to A-Z track lists as the examples given, I am from the time (since then and actual) that you buy a LP or a CD and you listen to it from 1 to X, by the order the artist intended it to be - everything to me makes sense in albums, thats why you can make playlists with whatever you want...

Just my 2 cents

It's just common sense. I don't understand current behaviour. 

Copying iOS music app would be a great starting point to have a music app that makes sense regarding UX. 

Nov 12, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #15,145 of 18,020
Our bugs/issues list has been updated for 3.0.7beta: http://www.head-fi.org/t/824174/known-bugs-issues-with-latest-x7-firmware
There are a few minor bug fixes. I've noticed one new bug, which is play-through-folders now seems to be completely broken.

Just my 2 cents

I completely agree, and have posted about this more than once. However, I've not included this issue in the list of bugs, because it is (arguably?) not really a bug, but just a very strange, poorly though-out UI design. Maybe there's somebody out there that thinks this A-Z list of tracks should be default behavior? It seems the asian countries like their karaoke (hence the consistently excellent implementation of synchronized .lrc in the X7) but have little interest in gapless playback. So it maybe that FiiO don't even consider this to be a problem.

Nov 12, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #15,147 of 18,020
  Click and stuttering by the start of a Song also exists in 3.0.7 beta. Particularly with quick change of a song on the other hand.

I had the same problem on the 3.0.6 firmware. After the upgrade to the 3.0.7 the problem remains including not being recognized by Windows. I made an Factory Data Reset including "Erase Internal Storage" and the problem gone. Now my X7 is almost perfect. Some problems remains, like the lazy Search and the lazy VU Meter. 

Nov 12, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #15,148 of 18,020
Fast forward and backward is not working on 3.0.7

Nov 13, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #15,149 of 18,020
  I had the same problem on the 3.0.6 firmware. After the upgrade to the 3.0.7 the problem remains including not being recognized by Windows. I made an Factory Data Reset including "Erase Internal Storage" and the problem gone. Now my X7 is almost perfect. Some problems remains, like the lazy Search and the lazy VU Meter. 

Factory Data Reset helps. Thanks Fred-ssv! And yes, now X7 is almost perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back