FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jun 8, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #12,361 of 18,020
I have contacted Fiio market for an AM2 via the one off deal.
I was thinking about the AM5 and AM3 also but I have no balanced set-up ATM and AM5 might be overkill for my needs so I didn't want to lose too much battery life.
My question is....If I'm mostly using line out will having an AM5 attached make any difference anyway as I will be bypassing the amp module in favour of my car amp the majority of the time?

The amp module will not work when using Line Out. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 8, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #12,362 of 18,020

I was thinking about the AM5 and AM3 also but I have no balanced set-up ATM and AM5 might be overkill for my needs so I didn't want to lose too much battery life.

My question is....If I'm mostly using line out will having an AM5 attached make any difference anyway as I will be bypassing the amp module in favour of my car amp the majority of the time?

I suppose it won't work (trying to get audio from the line out and the amp module headphone out at the same time). But the important point is that the amp module won't draw power when using Line Out, is that right? :wink:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 8, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #12,363 of 18,020
There is a FW 1.92 beta update. (Received this reply today in response to the EQ + BT problem I inquired about last month. I'm not going to install this Beta version  until it's available OTA--I'm not feeling that adventurous at the moment. But if FiiO wants some feedback, then go for it and share your results. I'm hoping this is O.K. to post this.) 

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

If you don't mind, pls try to update your X7 to the new beta firwmare FW1.92betaclick here
This issue will be fixed in this beta firwmare. And we will release this beta firmware to public soon. 

Any test result, pls share with us. :)

Best Regards, 
FiiO Customer Service 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q18z7pixpznmnsg/X7_v5_20160602-ota-update-FW1.92beta.zip?dl=0

Jun 8, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #12,364 of 18,020
I suppose it won't work (trying to get audio from the line out and the amp module headphone out at the same time). But the important point is that the amp module won't draw power when using Line Out, is that right?
wink.gif

it seems you're all misunderstanding what he's asking:

will the soundquality be affected on the line out, if the AM5 is connected to the other end?

this is quite a valid question, because, as i have noticed, when connecting to both line out and headphone out, there is distortion (on which i can't remember) which means that the signal path to the amplifier is the same one as the line out.

Now here's how you could easily test this:

1: plug in your speakers into line out (NEVER plug in your headphones)
2: play some funky music, baby.
3: disconnect the amplifier module

if it sounds different, then most likely it will make a difference. if not, then not.

Jun 8, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #12,365 of 18,020
AM3 is on it's way from China, woohoo.

Still need to get my Hybrid V3 fixed and equipped with a TRRS connection. Curious if I'll hear any difference with standard 3.5mm compared to the AM1. Will report later.

Jun 8, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #12,367 of 18,020
  There is a FW 1.92 beta update. (Received this reply today in response to the EQ + BT problem I inquired about last month. I'm not going to install this Beta version  until it's available OTA--I'm not feeling that adventurous at the moment. But if FiiO wants some feedback, then go for it and share your results. I'm hoping this is O.K. to post this.) 

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

If you don't mind, pls try to update your X7 to the new beta firwmare FW1.92betaclick here
This issue will be fixed in this beta firwmare. And we will release this beta firmware to public soon. 

Any test result, pls share with us. :)

Best Regards, 
FiiO Customer Service 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q18z7pixpznmnsg/X7_v5_20160602-ota-update-FW1.92beta.zip?dl=0

Cool, thanks - i'll try :D

Updated with no issues.  Seems to have fixed the various google stopped working errors i had previously.

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #12,368 of 18,020

Cool, thanks - i'll try :D

Updated with no issues.  Seems to have fixed the various google stopped working errors i had previously.

Yes. I noticed also (although its still in chinese) two new audio settings, an adjustable volume on line out "Off/On" and a digital filter mode "Fast Rolloff/Slow Roloff", I also think for line out. Just saying because they can be usefull for someone who didn't upgrade yet.... ah... and the VU meter is back too

bigsmile_face.gif

Regards

Jun 8, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #12,371 of 18,020
Wow, I opened the box of my new X7 and was up and running in no time. I love how fast it scanned my SD card. I just smiled when I opened the box, it's so damn pretty! LO works perfectly, WiFi no problem and it sounds exceptionally good. I think I may have wasted my $$ on the AM5, which I receive tomorrow, because the AM1 drives everything I would use it with as a portable player. My HD25's sound terrific as well as the Dunu 2kj's.  I listened to it with the LO using the Ican SE and X2's, Wow so crisp and detailed.

I am very pleased with the X7 
beyersmile.png

Jun 8, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #12,372 of 18,020
it seems you're all misunderstanding what he's asking:

will the soundquality be affected on the line out, if the AM5 is connected to the other end?

this is quite a valid question, because, as i have noticed, when connecting to both line out and headphone out, there is distortion (on which i can't remember) which means that the signal path to the amplifier is the same one as the line out.

Now here's how you could easily test this:

1: plug in your speakers into line out (NEVER plug in your headphones)

2: play some funky music, baby.

3: disconnect the amplifier module

if it sounds different, then most likely it will make a difference. if not, then not.

Appreciate your support mate, I was really looking for confirmation on battery life if I leave the AM5 attached when using line out. I wondered whether my X7 lifespan would be reduced by an updated amp despite it being bypassed.
In theory I should be able to run it lo without any amp module attached?

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #12,373 of 18,020
  Wow, I opened the box of my new X7 and was up and running in no time. I love how fast it scanned my SD card. I just smiled when I opened the box, it's so damn pretty! LO works perfectly, WiFi no problem and it sounds exceptionally good. I think I may have wasted my $$ on the AM5, which I receive tomorrow, because the AM1 drives everything I would use it with as a portable player. My HD25's sound terrific as well as the Dunu 2kj's.  I listened to it with the LO using the Ican SE and X2's, Wow so crisp and detailed.

beyersmile.png

Have you tested the Dunu DN2000 or only the 2000J?? What do you say about the sound? It is sibilant? I'm almost buying the DN2000 because it has a better extension on the bass and a little more bass and less highs but the reviews says that the 2000J is more transparent and have an overall better sound. But too much less bass and much more highs...I'm afraid. The 2000J is more expensive too...

Jun 8, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #12,374 of 18,020

beyersmile.png

Have you tested the Dunu DN2000 or only the 2000J?? What do you say about the sound? It is sibilant? I'm almost buying the DN2000 because it has a better extension on the bass and a little more bass and less highs but the reviews says that the 2000J is more transparent and have an overall better sound. But too much less bass and much more highs...I'm afraid. The 2000J is more expensive too...

I don't find the Dunu 2000j to be sibilant, they're bright, which is in part why I bought them. I like the bass quite a bit, punchy and fast. I have the DN-1000 and really didn't find the 2000 to be that much of an upgrade. It's a fine IEM but kinda redundant for me. 

If I was going to buy another universal IEM it would be the FLC-8.

Jun 8, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #12,375 of 18,020
  I don't find the Dunu 2000j to be sibilant, they're bright, which is in part why I bought them. I like the bass quite a bit, punchy and fast. I have the DN-1000 and really didn't find the 2000 to be that much of an upgrade. It's a fine IEM but kinda redundant for me. 

If I was going to buy another universal IEM it would be the FLC-8.

Humm, I understand...But for me, that don't have any of them, but want a fun and good sound, not analytical, the DN2000 will be the best option? When you say that the DN2000 is not an upgrade for you, its because you already have the Dn1000 (and they are/have similar sound presentation) or because the DN2000 is not much better than the DN1000?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back