FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Mar 19, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #10,426 of 18,020
I´ve seen there are formatting apps (using them you don´t have to erase the content of the sd card) 
biggrin.gif

FYI such tools work even slower than plain format and copy files back.

Mar 19, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #10,429 of 18,020
  Anyone experiencing distortions in some songs after long periods (1 hour) of constant music play? (latest firmware)

I will try to determine if they are simply corrupt files by also playing the same files in my DP-X1

i usually have listening sessions of 5+ hours, and can't say that there's any distortions (on my X7)

It took me 3 hours to get all my music copied (100GB), so that´s not an option. I´ve seen there are formatting apps (using them you don´t have to erase the content of the sd card)for download on the web, unfortunately they don´t work on my MacBook Air. But that´s no problem, cause apart from the DSD 128 issue my X7 works great, even with exFAT!  
biggrin.gif

even if there are ways to do so, it'll be so slow, you're better off just reformatting and copying back the files.
i know windows allows to do it, but only TO NTFS

Mar 19, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #10,431 of 18,020

Ok, so how is the x7 UI?

Very good.

My history:
X3
X5
AK100II (Specifically moved for the UI, touchscreen)
SONY NW-ZX2 (Moved because it had an Android touchscreen, and the FiiO was horrible with Mac - absolutely terrible)
Tried Ak100JR - great on Mac - bad on audio - good on UI
FiiO X7 (Did what Sony did, but also shared both storage locations simultaneously where NWZX2 does only 1 at a time)

I would say the FiiO UI is slightly better than the AK100/240/380 and much better than AKJr

I have tested and worked with all these DAPS, including UI, Playlist Support, Connectivity to a Mac and Sound Quality:

https://www.map-pin.com/dapper/tested-daps.html

Mar 20, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #10,433 of 18,020
Can I buy the X7 with AM2 bundled?

at this point it's barely possible to buy the AM2 unbundled, let alone with an X7 strapped to its back :wink:

i haven't seen anything indicating FiiO will sell the X7 with the AM2 instead of AM1, so at this point i'd say no.

Mar 20, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #10,434 of 18,020

Very good.

My history:
X3
X5
AK100II (Specifically moved for the UI, touchscreen)
SONY NW-ZX2 (Moved because it had an Android touchscreen, and the FiiO was horrible with Mac - absolutely terrible)
Tried Ak100JR - great on Mac - bad on audio - good on UI
FiiO X7 (Did what Sony did, but also shared both storage locations simultaneously where NWZX2 does only 1 at a time)

I would say the FiiO UI is slightly better than the AK100/240/380 and much better than AKJr

I have tested and worked with all these DAPS, including UI, Playlist Support, Connectivity to a Mac and Sound Quality:

https://www.map-pin.com/dapper/tested-daps.html

So, the X7 works great on a Mac?  Thanks.

Mar 20, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #10,435 of 18,020

So, the X7 works great on a Mac?  Thanks.

I am X7+Mac user

I recommend two things:

1) Just to be sure, format your SDCard inside the X7 to use Fat32 format (instead of ExFAT)
2) Mac keeps creating hidden files on your sd card, which result into unexpected behavior during playback. I am using "CleanMyDrive 2" free app - before ejecting X7 from mac, I simply clean it with this app.

Once you do these two things above, I don't expect any issues.

Mar 20, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #10,436 of 18,020
  I am X7+Mac user

I recommend two things:

1) Just to be sure, format your SDCard inside the X7 to use Fat32 format (instead of ExFAT)
2) Mac keeps creating hidden files on your sd card, which result into unexpected behavior during playback. I am using "CleanMyDrive 2" free app - before ejecting X7 from mac, I simply clean it with this app.

Once you do these two things above, I don't expect any issues.

I use exFAT with my 200 Gig sd card on my X7 and I have a MacBook Air. No issues.

Mar 20, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #10,437 of 18,020

I use exFAT with my 200 Gig sd card on my X7 and I have a MacBook Air. No issues.

I am one of those who suffer from intermittent playback pauses for 5-7 seconds every now and then. Currently it is not known whether it is related to ExFAT or something else, but as a pre-caution, I have formatted it today to Fat32. Time will tell..

There are also users in this thread who reported issues when playing DSD files from ExFAT sd card.

Mar 20, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #10,438 of 18,020

There are also users in this thread who reported issues when playing DSD files from ExFAT sd card.

Yes, I am one of those guys, and it´s only with DSD 128 dsf, DSD 64 is working fine. I have the problem with exFAT as well as FAT32. Fiio itself says it´s a software problem and will be fixed with a future firmware update. 

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #10,440 of 18,020

Looks like bongland is going to get the AM2 before the U.S.

I feel so helpless and almost insulted.

I know you americans aren't used to waiting, but this is the perfect time to learn that the USA is just another country :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back