FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Feb 9, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #9,226 of 18,020
Anyone tried to make a DIY amp module yet?

I want to get into projecting one, but I might need some help from someone with more knowledge. I do think that it would be amazing to be able to have a modular moudle amp. All with modular op-amps and modular buffers. And a modular option to add a modular larger battery. 

But seriously, I do think that we could make a module that is modular, and we could let users tinker with the power and sound they want. But I do not have enough knowledge to design it alone, my design might prove to have large amounts of noise. Also, I would really need the original design from Fiio's module to do it. 

But I think that it would be amazing to have something like that. 

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #9,227 of 18,020
  Anyone tried to make a DIY amp module yet?

I want to get into projecting one, but I might need some help from someone with more knowledge. I do think that it would be amazing to be able to have a modular moudle amp. All with modular op-amps and modular buffers. And a modular option to add a modular larger battery. 

But seriously, I do think that we could make a module that is modular, and we could let users tinker with the power and sound they want. But I do not have enough knowledge to design it alone, my design might prove to have large amounts of noise. Also, I would really need the original design from Fiio's module to do it. 

But I think that it would be amazing to have something like that. 

i would suggest to wait for the pinout to be known and get an MPCIE connector, solder a ribbon cable to it, plug into breadboard.

Feb 9, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #9,228 of 18,020
seanwee the 649USD MSRP is for the US. Elsewhere we do try to hold retailers to a reasonable selling price, both in terms of above and below the regional MSRP, but different amounts of import tax means that the X7 is for sure not selling for the same price everywhere. Sure, you can get the X7 for cheaper abroad... until you declare the X7 as an X7 and start getting slapped the same import tax as your local distributor does. :rolleyes:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 9, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #9,230 of 18,020
  Does anyone know if the dignis case will work with the new Fiio tempered glass screen protector?

Thanks
Mike

Yes, it will.

Feb 9, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #9,233 of 18,020
Related to this...

1. Is the "New FiiO Tempered glass protector" different than the one installed from the factory/in the box?
  2. Any other Dignis case users have trouble finding buttons easily? This is my biggest issue with the case

Feb 9, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #9,234 of 18,020
Yes fiio released a tempered glass protector for the X7 separately

http://fiio.net/en/products/49

My dignis case arrived yesterday, so I haven't gotten to use it too much yet, but yes I have found myself looking for the buttons before pushing.

Thanks
Mike

Feb 9, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #9,235 of 18,020
  Related to this...

1. Is the "New FiiO Tempered glass protector" different than the one installed from the factory/in the box?
  2. Any other Dignis case users have trouble finding buttons easily? This is my biggest issue with the case

The stock screen protectors are just regular plastic screen protector, not tempered glass.

Yes, It does get harder to correctly press the buttons with Dignis case. It is not a problem on finding the button but more like wrongly pressing the volume down when I was looking for the power button. It does take some time to get used to, I guess.

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #9,237 of 18,020
Susenstone Micro USB Host OTG Adapter Micro SD Card Reader For Android Phone.

Available from Amazon UK for 1.99 inc postage and works really well if you need to utilise an extra microsd card. Not too big either.

Feb 9, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #9,238 of 18,020
@seanwee the 649USD MSRP is for the US. Elsewhere we do try to hold retailers to a reasonable selling price, both in terms of above and below the regional MSRP, but different amounts of import tax means that the X7 is for sure not selling for the same price everywhere. Sure, you can get the X7 for cheaper abroad... until you declare the X7 as an X7 and start getting slapped the same import tax as your local distributor does.
rolleyes.gif

Got it ,thanks for the clarification.

Feb 9, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #9,239 of 18,020
Brought X7 to work to enjoy some quality audio while coding. Connected it to my Mac as a DAC, fully charged. 8 hours later... it died, battery was drained to 0%.

I thought X7 used USB power while acting as a DAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back