FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jan 7, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #8,236 of 18,020
  I am also wondering how people feel the Android OS is doing with only 1G of RAM?

The FiiO X7 does very well with only 1GB of RAM. Switching between apps is quick and fluid, and apps are suspended and resumed less often than you would think with only the 1GB of RAM.

I think this is because of FiiO's customized version of Android - according to them, many things have been stripped out in the name of fast and fluid operation despite the underpowered hardware (in the Android world) in the X7.

Jan 7, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #8,237 of 18,020
^ Thanks, but isn't the E12a designed for IEMs and has less power than the E12, or am I confused? As well, do you like loud listening? I listen quite loud it seems, but I can't imagine that the Leap puts out anywhere near the 100mW that the X7 IEM amp does. Thank you for the reply. I am also wondering how people feel the Android OS is doing with only 1G of RAM?

Initially I had some concerns, however, on my unit, I have had zero problems with switching apps or hanging. It has decent response times and I was supposed at how fluid my unit performed in android mode.

This is ofc with normal usage for a dap, with some streaming thrown in to the mix and a minute amount of using the internet when I was stuck in Germany with a dead phone.

Jan 7, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #8,239 of 18,020
does anyone know how to button map from from right to left hand use ???? .....im a lefty 

This is a planned feature to be released in a much anticipated upcoming firmware release :ph34r:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 7, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #8,241 of 18,020
Sorry to ask this I have tryed serching and can not find the post I am lookng for.

A few weeks ago someone was asking about streaming and it pausing in middle of tracks. There was a setting on the X7 somewhere to help with this issue which I am doing my best to find.

I have only started to experiance this since moving to the new place. My unit is due to be replaced so having a little farewell session before it is missing for a week or 2.

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #8,242 of 18,020
  One thought about wifi... I still had issues of Spotify stopping randomly during play, after much toying with settings I went to Wifi > Advanced settings and turned off "Wifi optimization", it's a battery saving feature activated by default and it cured my problems. 

Sorry to ask this I have tryed serching and can not find the post I am lookng for.

A few weeks ago someone was asking about streaming and it pausing in middle of tracks. There was a setting on the X7 somewhere to help with this issue which I am doing my best to find.

I have only started to experiance this since moving to the new place. My unit is due to be replaced so having a little farewell session before it is missing for a week or 2.

Are you after this:

Wifi > Advanced settings and turn off "Wifi optimization" (as per the above post)?

Jan 7, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #8,244 of 18,020
FYI, I found out from Fiio today that the leather cases they manufactured are going to be delayed in shipping out because they were not happy with the way they turned out. They will notify us when they are ready again.

Jan 7, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #8,247 of 18,020
Yes, mine gets warm right away, but never too warm. Kinda nice in The North Woods in winter, maybe not so much in summer--speaking of sweaty palms...

(There was suppose to be a quote from the person wondering about their X7 getting warm a little ways back. Hmmm, I swear I hit "Quote".)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back