FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Dec 14, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #7,126 of 18,020
my first impression on SQ is that listening through the x7 amp the sound was noticeably bigger in soundstage and detail but weak in bass and just not sounding good at all. I was immediately thinking i had made a mistake.

After an hour i switched to line out and listening with my step-dance amp - the difference was huge. The sound was beautiful rich and full and with theX7's soundstage and detail qualities I was now into wow factor territory and down the path of re-listening to my favourites the best I have ever heard them.

The soundstage is realy quite spectacular on the X7 !!

Has anyone else noticed a significant difference like i experienced with using LO compared to internal amp ? 

I realise there may be burn in to be completed yet but in my experience burn in was never that significant so will be very surprised if burn in reduces that sq gap.

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #7,129 of 18,020
After an hour i switched to line out and listening with my step-dance amp - the difference was huge. The sound was beautiful rich and full and with theX7's soundstage and detail qualities I was now into wow factor territory and down the path of re-listening to my favourites the best I have ever heard them.  

Others have commented on the fine DAC capabilities of the X7, but have expressed reservations about the IEM amp stage. Your combination of X7 with the really excellent Stepdance Amp would probably be hard to beat, even when Fiio bring out new higher power amp modules for the X7.

Enjoy it!

Dec 14, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #7,130 of 18,020
  my first impression on SQ is that listening through the x7 amp the sound was noticeably bigger in soundstage and detail but weak in bass and just not sounding good at all. I was immediately thinking i had made a mistake.

Has anyone else noticed a significant difference like i experienced with using LO compared to internal amp ? 

I realise there may be burn in to be completed yet but in my experience burn in was never that significant so will be very surprised if burn in reduces that sq gap.

The X7 line out is a straight up beast. the X7 when used in conjunction with the K5 sounds god tier. I mostly prefer to use line out with the X7 to unlock its full potential. The DAC in the X7 has been implement very well and I am looking forward to seeing how future amp modules improve upon the iem amp module.

The X7, when paired with an appropriate amp, can go toe to toe with proper desktop setups. One of the few gears to get the best out of the ESS9018S chip inside. Puts in the same company as Apogee etc

And yes, to me the X7 is holographic and 3D. Video game soundtracks are simply marvellous, especially lossless albums. Instrument positioning, cues, layering and timbre is spot on.

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #7,132 of 18,020
Can i stream from pc to x7 in any way? I will pose the questions each in full.

I am assuming streaming via an android dlna client will work but not take advantage of x7 properly. Am I wrong in this?

Since this is android with wifi, is it possible to tap into the music library stored on my PC or NAS somehow?

Since I have a static IP at home, anywhere there is a wifi signal available should give me access to everything I have shared. Is this is possible with the X7?

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #7,133 of 18,020
[COLOR=111111]Can i stream from pc to x7 in any way? I will pose the questions each in full.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=111111]I am assuming streaming via an android dlna client will work but not take advantage of x7 properly. Am I wrong in this?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=111111]Since this is android with wifi, is it possible to tap into the music library stored on my PC or NAS somehow?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=111111]Since I have a static IP at home, anywhere there is a wifi signal available should give me access to everything I have shared. Is this is possible with the X7?[/COLOR]

The X7 is supposed to have DLNA functionality but it isn't implemented yet. There's even an icon and a settings menu item for it. When implemented it should work in your setup.

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #7,135 of 18,020
I am currently drooling as the player sits on my amazon wish list. I am happy about the 200gb card support but unhappy with the loss of a second slot. mmmm imagine 400GB on board plus the 32gb for android.

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #7,138 of 18,020

That's actually disappointing to hear because I am buying the X7 to have an one stack portable solution. Don't want the bulk of having to attach a separate LO portable amp. Will and does anyone know if we can purchase the X7 with a higher amp than the IEM module?

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #7,140 of 18,020
Definitely, but not quite yet, I suggest you hold off a little longer until a more powerful amp comes our way.

I should have been more clear. I meant to ask if we can buy the X7 with an higher included amp instead of the IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back