FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Dec 14, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #7,111 of 18,020
Just picked up the X7 today in Thailand, I got lucky as just arrived in stock yesterday and only 2 available.

Here it is pictured with my now ever increasing Fiio collection and my shure 846'ss and roxannes all ready for a long nights listening.

I havent had a chance to read through this thread yet so eager to see if it benefits from a amp on line out and also if there is any noticeable burn in period.

Also just installed spotify and tidal both of which i subscribe too so keen to see how they sound too

back soon with some impressions !! 

Dec 14, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #7,112 of 18,020
Argh...my X7 was supposed to be here today, but I didn't even hear them knock so I couldn't sign the package. They're so all-over-the-place with delivery times that I can't tell when they're expected to be here. A little frustrated right now... 
mad.gif

Dec 14, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #7,114 of 18,020
I tried chasing down the courier in-person and ran into 2 other couriers who weren't the one with my package. Argh...I'm a little mad at myself. If I thought to run out sooner, I might have caught them.

Dec 14, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #7,115 of 18,020
Today was my first time with my X7 on the go and I noticed one irritating behavior. Few minutes after I pause the playback with hardware button I can't resume it again without at least turning the screen on. Can anyone confirm so I can know it's not the fault of any app I've installed?

Steps to reproduce:

1. start a track
2. turn the screen off by pressing the power button
3. pause the track using a play/pause hardware button
4. wait 30sec
5. press play/pause hardware button again (it should resume playing as intended)
6. pause the track again using a play/pause hardware button
7. wait 5mins
8. pressing the play/pause hardware button will not resume playback

Dec 14, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #7,116 of 18,020
I was starting to get nervous that my X7 would not be delivered today as scheduled, as the tracking never showed that it was out for delivery. But I was pleasantly surprised when I updated just before lunch and it had already been delivered! So I ran home during my lunch break and snapped it up off the front porch.

I've just updated it to 1.3 and scanned my library, and I'm not listening to my first few tracks. So far, so great! Loving the clean, spacious sound from this through my Grado SR325s.

I hope FiiO decides to implement ReplayGain tag support at some point, because that's the only thing this player seems to be missing for me. (Well, that, and for larger-than-200GB cards to be released!)

Loving the fit and finish of the player too. Well done, guys.

Also, thanks to Micca Store for their prompt shipment!

Dec 14, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #7,118 of 18,020
  I was starting to get nervous that my X7 would not be delivered today as scheduled, as the tracking never showed that it was out for delivery. But I was pleasantly surprised when I updated just before lunch and it had already been delivered! So I ran home during my lunch break and snapped it up off the front porch.

I've just updated it to 1.3 and scanned my library, and I'm not listening to my first few tracks. So far, so great! Loving the clean, spacious sound from this through my Grado SR325s.

I hope FiiO decides to implement ReplayGain tag support at some point, because that's the only thing this player seems to be missing for me. (Well, that, and for larger-than-200GB cards to be released!)

Loving the fit and finish of the player too. Well done, guys.

Also, thanks to Micca Store for their prompt shipment!

Yeah if they left it on a porch for me I would be scared, given chance for it to go missing. Congrats on getting the X7 :)

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #7,120 of 18,020

Yeah if they left it on a porch for me I would be scared, given chance for it to go missing. Congrats on getting the X7 :)

That's probably why USPS over here required a signature. Go figure I mentioned about people stealing packages over here, and the package security ends up being what screws me over today. Argh...at least it's not stolen.

Dec 14, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #7,121 of 18,020
I understand that the X7 has the capability of adding amp modules to it. What is an amp module.

Thanks for help.

All you'd like to know about the X7:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x7

Dec 14, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #7,122 of 18,020
  I understand that the X7 has the capability of adding amp modules to it. What is an amp module.

Thanks for help.

Not adding, but rather swapping.
It basically contains the amp part of the circuitry, but is made to be swappable between different such modules.
Currently, the only module available is the default IEM module tho.

Dec 14, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #7,123 of 18,020

Not adding, but rather swapping.
It basically contains the amp part of the circuitry, but is made to be swappable between different such modules.
Currently, the only module available is the default IEM module tho.

so its basically like a transformer, totally a decepticon tho, cuz its so deceptively awesome
biggrin.gif
. Wish I could get a megatron case for this bad boy lol

Dec 14, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #7,125 of 18,020
its only an issue if you can hear the noise.

Seems best to do as they recommend though and turn it off once your music has streamed to disk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back