FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Dec 8, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #6,916 of 18,020
First, a quick hello to all as this is my first post on these forums.  I've lurked for quite a while.  However, the X7 has got me to make an account.

Please forgive me for not reading all 6914 posts but I did read back ten pages so far.  I'm fairly new to the audiophile world but have some experience with android devving.  So, I'd like to ask any Fiio reps in this thread what exactly they ripped out of the stock AOSP to make the production firmware. Sounds like most, if not all of Google Frameworks API's where removed.  Having an android player that actually use play store as opposed to side loading apps would have some fairly obvious advantages.  I'd also like to inquire what issues where presented with 5.x compared to 4.x.  Seems like stepping two versions into the past might pose more problems than it fixes.  A lot of sepolicy changes happened between those two versions.  It gave many in the ROM modding community a headache or too but they've all been sorted out for 5.x.

I'm really looking forward to the device and hope it ends up being all or more then most here expect.
beerchug.gif

Dec 8, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #6,917 of 18,020
This is exactly where I was on the fence between this and the Onkyo. I then realsed that in all likley hood they would all be very good. Fiio was a little smaller, I can buy from uk so dont have to worry about sending it back to pricejapan...

Lookwise i prefer the DP-X1... But quality wise i trust more Pioneer (don't ask me why). Size wise x7 seems the best... But it looks a bit "cheap-china-phoneish". Availability seems best for X7 and Pioneer. I think i gonna go with the Pioneer...

Well, X7 and DP-X1 are the same length of 13cm, Onkyo is 1cm wider than X7, Onkyo is 4mm thinner than X7, and X7 is 17g heavier than DP-X1, so personal preference really is the deciding factor on the sizes I'd say. Also DP-X1 and XDP-100R are both built in the same factory so build quality should be the same, and both are using impressive one piece aluminium unibodies with anodized finish. The one person that compared X7 and DP-X1 in the other thread mentioned that he preferred the build of DP-X1, but he is an owner of DP-X1 and was comparing to X7 at a store, possibly introducing bias, his comment quoted below.

On comparison with X7, I don't get much impression but I think I cannot say that X7 trumps Onkyo or vice versa. Using IE800 and X7's IEM amp module, I must say the sound stage of X7 is smaller but the bass is more pronounced and a bit more detailed, but Onkyo has got better sound stage, feels more airy, and less fatiguing. BUuuuuuuuttt... the build quality, I'm quite disappointed when I hold it on my hand really, Onkyo feels really solid expensive product, X7 feels a bit clunky, not just the UI but the overall exterior. Onkyo's metal unibody has really good fit and finish, X7 feels more like cheap Chinese phone.

Dec 8, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #6,920 of 18,020
 do you have the 16Ohms/102db version or the 50Ohms/100db one ?

I have both. But "on the way" i use the smaller, 16Ohms, one. For battery life, i really just need maybe 5 hours a day max (Bureau work and "on the way"). One of the most important things for me is audioquality and builtquality. The formfactor and the price is a bonus. Thanks for your help!

Well, X7 and DP-X1 are the same length of 13cm, Onkyo is 1cm wider than X7, Onkyo is 4mm thinner than X7, and X7 is 17g heavier than DP-X1, so personal preference really is the deciding factor on the sizes I'd say. Also DP-X1 and XDP-100R are both built in the same factory so build quality should be the same, and both are using impressive one piece aluminium unibodies with anodized finish. The one person that compared X7 and DP-X1 in the other thread mentioned that he preferred the build of DP-X1, but he is an owner of DP-X1 and was comparing to X7 at a store, possibly introducing bias, his comment quoted below.

Thank you T.R.A.N.C.E. In fact, i already bought the XDP-100r. It should come by the end of the week or next week.

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #6,922 of 18,020
Dec 8, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #6,923 of 18,020
I just, when I picked it up, got an electric shock from my X7 that was connected to the usb port of my laptop. Auch!

Static / dry weather much? USB power supply is only 5V after all... :blink:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 8, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #6,927 of 18,020
ea-audio.co.uk told me they have Fiio X7 in stock. Have FIIO begun the release? :wink:

Must have done as ea-audio just sent me a dispatch email from my pre order, so hopefully my x7 will be here tomorrow. I they had an initial stock of 80 and a "few remainig units unsold" when I contacted them last week. They have a decent deal for it with 128gb memory card, m3 or ex1 iems as freebees with the x7 now too. They seem to have good offers as I recieved £50 off last week, not bad for such a brand new product.

Dec 8, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #6,929 of 18,020
Samma3a has begun selling the X7 in the UAE (arrival date 17th December) for $735.

What annoyed me a little was that they already have a review up of the device, done by someone who I think was suppose to be after me in this world tour (not sure how he got his hands on it).
Oh well, guess I won't be the first person in the country to review it lol

Dec 8, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #6,930 of 18,020

Users who are viewing this thread

Back