FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Dec 4, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #6,871 of 18,020
A couple of years ago I was extremely tolerant of mediocre UI, I think I even said once I'd plug my headphones into a piece of dog poo and poke a stick at it to change tracks, IF the sound was excellent. But times have changed, mainly my adapting to iBasso players touchscreens. There's still some interest in older navigation style if the sound is excellent or if it's unique to the design, such as Colorfly C4.

Lol! That or some strange alien looking screenless gizmo that shall remain un-named!
wink.gif

Dec 4, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #6,872 of 18,020
Has anyone compared between the Mojo & the X7?
I am looking to purchase either one.

The only reason why I am holding back on the mojo is because I very much prefer portability.
To me a stack is not as portable as a single box solution.

I will be using it mostly for Spotify and Tidal and using it with my SE846 and Sony ZX1.

Therefore, if the sq of the mojo is not a significant upgrade over the x7, I might just end up getting the x7 instead.

Thanks!

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #6,873 of 18,020
  Has anyone compared between the Mojo & the X7?
I am looking to purchase either one.

The only reason why I am holding back on the mojo is because I very much prefer portability.
To me a stack is not as portable as a single box solution.

I will be using it mostly for Spotify and Tidal and using it with my SE846 and Sony ZX1.

Therefore, if the sq of the mojo is not a significant upgrade over the x7, I might just end up getting the x7 instead.

Thanks!

I have both - I won't say Mojo is in anyway an upgrade or downgrade over X7 as far as SQ is concerned. They are both really good for what they do - Mojo offers more power (at least when compared to X7's stock IEM module) and better texture over mid and lower range, though not as good in soundstage, on both width and depth. Personally I think they are quite equally matched overall, though I think X7 might have the upper hand given the amp module is upgradeable.

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #6,874 of 18,020

Does anyone have issues with a song playing for a few seconds then freezing and then sometimes playing again? I just got my tour unit yesterday and I’ve had a lot of issues with it crashing but now it magically it plays with the occasional aforementioned issue. It is on fw 1.01.

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #6,875 of 18,020

Does anyone have issues with a song playing for a few seconds then freezing and then sometimes playing again? I just got my tour unit yesterday and I’ve had a lot of issues with it crashing but now it magically it plays with the occasional aforementioned issue. It is on fw 1.01.

Are you in Android Mode or Pure Music Mode?  Definitely upgrade to the latest FW 1.1, and test it in Pure Music Mode just to make sure there are no issues.  If it only happens in Android Mode w/FiiO music app, try to turn off WiFi and BT radios.  Also, see if the previous tour user installed some apps or widgets which could cause an issue.

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #6,876 of 18,020

I've had that happen a few times, from when I was first given the player and through the current firmware, but I've noticed the touch screen is sensitive and this could be the result of movement in my particular case, sometimes caused by setting the player down, placing it in my pocket and even the rotation mode.  A few times my fingers gripped near the sides and unintentionally swiped the progress bar.  There have been instances when the pause button was accidentally pressed, that I'm sure of.  None of these occur once the screen goes to sleep.

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #6,877 of 18,020
One thing I like about fiio is that they use a hardware bass boost option on some of their amp/dacs. I'm surprised they have never incorporated it into a DAP. Would be a good way to set them apart from others like it does with their other products. I only like it for certain songs and genres so the toggle is nice. Great feature on the E10K.

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #6,878 of 18,020
One thing I like about fiio is that they use a hardware bass boost option on some of their amp/dacs. I'm surprised they have never incorporated it into a DAP. Would be a good way to set them apart from others like it does with their other products. I only like it for certain songs and genres so the toggle is nice. Great feature on the E10K.[/quote-]

Well,the X7 is Android based so there are potentially several bass boost apps that may be compatable. Some of them are supposedly quite good.

Dec 5, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #6,879 of 18,020
One thing I like about fiio is that they use a hardware bass boost option on some of their amp/dacs. I'm surprised they have never incorporated it into a DAP. Would be a good way to set them apart from others like it does with their other products. I only like it for certain songs and genres so the toggle is nice. Great feature on the E10K.

They did, and it was in the original X3 - then people started to complain that it wasn't flexible enough for a 'modern day' DAP so FiiO decided it is better to keep it fully software based after that.

Dec 5, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #6,880 of 18,020
Ive had this 2.5 days and im seriously considering on sending it to the next guy as the UI is getting the better of me!!! This has crashed so many times Ive lost count, It will start to play a song than stop then start then sometimes will power off.If i want to play a different song it will say not responding and loop until I do a hard shutoff. I don't know if I have a lemon or what but this thing has me so pissed I don't even want to touch it right now!!!!

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #6,881 of 18,020
  Ive had this 2.5 days and im seriously considering on sending it to the next guy as the UI is getting the better of me!!! This has crashed so many times Ive lost count, It will start to play a song than stop then start then sometimes will power off.If i want to play a different song it will say not responding and loop until I do a hard shutoff. I don't know if I have a lemon or what but this thing has me so pissed I don't even want to touch it right now!!!!

What firmware are you on?

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #6,883 of 18,020

What firmware are you on?

fw 1.1
When it is playing songs it does sound amazing but this really needs another update soon.

Andy, unless you are already in Pure Music mode (check it from notification bar and reboot X7), I have a feeling someone on tour before you loaded something that crashing/interfering.  As I mentioned before, disable WiFi and Bluetooth (from notification bar) and make sure you are in Pure Music mode to use FiiO Music App as your default launcher.  Also, try to play music from internal memory, rather than microSD card.  If you are still having an issue, then something is wrong with your tour unit.  Otherwise, you can trace back to what has been enabled/disabled to troubleshoot the problem if it's related to your microSD card, or wifi/bt radios, or just some installed app or a widget.

Dec 6, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #6,885 of 18,020
Hello howdy,

Actually we would suggest trying a factory reset to see if the problem goes away with that.

:xf_eek:
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back