FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Nov 26, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #6,752 of 18,020
Is my X7 the only one acting up on power on? Often it starts up and then the screen goes black and I have to turn it on again. And when it does turn on and I launch the music app it crashes one out of 3 times.

Hopefully the new firmware solves that, I just installed it.

Nov 26, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #6,753 of 18,020
Does anyone have any experience comparing Mojo to the X7? I'm considering my option from Onkyo because of reasons, and I managed to audition the Mojo. Surprsingly, I still prefer my Note 4 + Traveller combo compared to Mojo. Mojo felt fuller but more fatiguing and more congested, I really like having bigger soundstage. The amp module would probably be useless to me because I'll be using line-out.

I listened to both of the setups using IE800.

X7 is definitely what you're looking for. Read through the thread and you'll find a common theme with an almost holographic soundstage. Not too fatiguing up top with plenty of detail and great bass articulation.

Nov 26, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #6,754 of 18,020
Nov 27, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #6,756 of 18,020
Hi James !
Does fiio has any plans to release X5 like X7 ( I mean Android , touch screen , no scroll wheel etc. ) in the near future ?

Yep  - they just did - it's called the X7 
wink.gif

Nov 27, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #6,757 of 18,020
Yep  - they just did - it's called the X7 :wink:

+1

That's just the response I was thinking. :)

I'd rather the 3rd Gen X5 learn a few things from the Cayin N5... at least in terms of build, aesthetics, and the N5's fabulous scroll wheel. Sound wise, the X5 is top of its class.

Well... the X5 Classic is, but everyone says the 2nd Gen is even better.

Nov 28, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #6,758 of 18,020
So quick heads-up for anyone in UK looking to pre-order; ea-audio.co.uk has a 10% discount off everything in their online store on all orders before 1 Dec (9 am) including the X7, so £49.99 off the price. You also there is a free L16 cable thrown in for orders over £50 and free delivery. If anyone has not heared of them they are listed on the Fiio site as UK distributors. 

Nov 28, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #6,759 of 18,020
Do you think that Tidal  played on a Samsung S6 with Bubble UPnP and USB Audio player, paired with a Mojo through OTG, would come quality close to Tidal on Fiio X7? The only reason I would really like to buy the Fiio X7 is for listening to streaming services if the the sound would be better than the aforementioned setup. Speed, UI, screen quality and size  are definitely better  on a good phone ...

Nov 28, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #6,761 of 18,020
hdphns.com also has them for €699 at the moment, i think for pre order.

Nov 28, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #6,762 of 18,020
X7 is definitely what you're looking for. Read through the thread and you'll find a common theme with an almost holographic soundstage. Not too fatiguing up top with plenty of detail and great bass articulation.

now this reply really confused the hell out of me, as people over the mojo chord swear that no dap what so ever can beat the mojo sound, and they include all the expensive daps, and here you say the x7 is better

i do not know what to believe anymore, and it sucks to live in a country where i can not try things before buying, and be totally relying on reviews and opinions

now your opinion man really really confused me

Nov 28, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #6,763 of 18,020
  now this reply really confused the hell out of me, as people over the mojo chord swear that no dap what so ever can beat the mojo sound, and they include all the expensive daps, and here you say the x7 is better

i do not know what to believe anymore, and it sucks to live in a country where i can not try things before buying, and be totally relying on reviews and opinions

People will always have different opinions.

Nov 28, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #6,765 of 18,020

For a more holographic wide soundstage the X7 is better. That's specifically what the original poster was asking for so that's why I recommended the X7. I had the Mojo, X7, and AK240 in the house at the same time and in my opinion the Mojo is the best of the three for overall resolution, impact, and sound quality, but the X7 is very good. Also, the Mojo should power more headphones even with the different amp modules coming in from FiiO. The AK240 and the X7 are different but both are good. I prefer the AK interface over the X7 but the X7 has more detail and separation, or at least the minute details are easier to hear on the X7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back