FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Sep 10, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #4,756 of 18,020
5, Hardware buttons:            power, play/pause, previous/next, volume+/- and one secret bottom.

I like the sound of 'one secret bottom'  
Are they interchangeable like the amps. If so id like a peachy 18 year old female bottom.
If only all DAP makers thought of satisfying extras like that.

Sep 10, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #4,758 of 18,020

M3 is a new DAP which is very portable . the target competor is sansa and ipod shuffle. of course, M3 has a 2.0 inch TFT screen which is better than Sansa and Shuffle. 

So, it sounds like a device to go head-to-head with the Sony NWZ-A series DAPs.  I will definitely be looking forward to hearing some more information.

A small player like this would be perfect for workouts - I still use my Cowon iAudio 9+ for that purpose (not my favorite player, but I find the X3 to be too bulky when going out for a run).

When can we expect to see some specs / more information?

OK...back on topic to the X7...

Sep 10, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #4,759 of 18,020

M3 is a new DAP which is very portable . the target competor is sansa and ipod shuffle. of course, M3 has a 2.0 inch TFT screen which is better than Sansa and Shuffle. 

"Sansa competitor". Been waiting for a long time for something like that.

I hope the target competition also includes the xDuoo X2. Barring the UI, it is currently the one to beat at the price range, size and build.

Sep 10, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #4,760 of 18,020
Big,heavy, ugly LCD screen, why no OLED?Weak output 100 mw @ 32 oHm.

What, please try and find a smaller lighter dap that has the X7's features, oh wait you can't, plus 220g is not what I consider as heavy.

Sure we would all like oled, but it wouldn't be financially viable for fiio at this price point.

X7 has swapable amp cards, 100mW is for the iem amp card, it will have more powerful amp cards also available.

Sep 10, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #4,762 of 18,020
^ I know right. Dap's are for iems and efficient headphones, even a powerful dap with 500mW of power output will still not do justice to hard to drive headphones (HD800, T1, etc), so bottom line is even a powerful dap will still benefit from using a beefy external amp in those hard to drive headphone situations. Makes powerful daps a bit redundant imo.

Sep 10, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #4,763 of 18,020
There is nothing at all wrong with LCD if done correctly, what're you planning to do with the DAP?? (Looking at my iPhone 6+ and Galaxy S6 Edge side by side, the iPhone wins!!)

Sep 10, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #4,765 of 18,020

What, please try and find a smaller lighter dap that has the X7's features, oh wait you can't, plus 220g is not what I consider as heavy.

Sure we would all like oled, but it wouldn't be financially viable for fiio at this price point.

X7 has swapable amp cards, 100mW is for the iem amp card, it will have more powerful amp cards also available.

What will be the output of the most powerful available amp-card?  And how can people obtain the different amp-cards. . .will they come with it as accessories, or will they have to be ordered separately?

Sep 10, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #4,766 of 18,020
What will be the output of the most powerful available amp-card?  And how can people obtain the different amp-cards. . .will they come with it as accessories, or will they have to be ordered separately?

The X7 will ship with the IEM amp module (not card). The last that James mentioned was that the high powered amp module would be 500mW and the balanced module would be a bit more powerful than that. I'm not sure if this is still the case though.

You will need to buy the other modules separately but James has indicated that the price would be very reasonable.

Sep 10, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #4,767 of 18,020
The X7 will ship with the IEM amp module (not card). The last that James mentioned was that the high powered amp module would be 500mW and the balanced module would be a bit more powerful than that. I'm not sure if this is still the case though.

You will need to buy the other modules separately but James has indicated that the price would be very reasonable.

I see, so I'd still be getting more power by using a separate portable amp like the E12 or Cayin C5.  Good to know.

Does anybody know of a good portable amp for under $200 that would work with the X3ii and outputs over 1000mW into 32ohms?

Sep 10, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #4,768 of 18,020

I see, so I'd still be getting more power by using a separate portable amp like the E12 or Cayin C5.  Good to know.

Does anybody know of a good portable amp for under $200 that would work with the X3ii and outputs over 1000mW into 32ohms?

E12 or C5 already pump >800mW of power per channel with 32ohm load.  What are you planning to drive with 1W of power using pocket "friendly" X3ii setup on the go?
wink.gif

Sep 10, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #4,769 of 18,020

E12 or C5 already pump >800mW of power per channel with 32ohm load.  What are you planning to drive with 1W of power using pocket "friendly" X3ii setup on the go?
wink.gif

I'm planning to get some Mr. Speakers Alpha Dogs, and several people were saying that to drive them to their best possible sound would really take something with at least 1000mW output into 32ohms.  And yes, I will want to be able to take them places and use them on-the-go.  Not for walking around though, of course, I know they're too big and heavy for that.

Are those people "wrong," would I be fine driving planar headphones like the Alpha Dogs from something that does 800mW output into 32ohms?

Sep 10, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #4,770 of 18,020
IPhone 6+ wins against S6 Edge when is about screen quality?
Read about it on Display Mate.
Do i need to say more about the latest AMOLED technology?
Yes, as I have been a strong advocate of AMOLED for years, but LCD still has life in it yet, and if it increased the cost by $xxx just for a more eye popping screen that you'll not use much, you'd be better of with a Galaxy Tab S and a DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back