FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Sep 11, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #4,786 of 18,020
I agree completely. The screen size on my AK120ii, which I believe is less than 4.7", is more than enough for managing music libraries and settings.

Sep 11, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #4,787 of 18,020
Yeah mainly for the music 
smily_headphones1.gif
 + the Interface being nice and smooth. I might upgrade from my Cowon X7 where the interface well eh leaves room to be desired.

Sep 11, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #4,788 of 18,020

Though Calyx M has 4.7" 1280*720 OLED with Gorilla Glass, but that is also a $300 more expensive dap than X7, and Calyx M has a piss weak cpu, so it's not exactly all that great overall lol.

We believe that 4.7" is too wide to a music player. it is not a PMP or a smartphone that people need to go throught a lots of content on the screen. of course, maybe you guys have bigger hands :bigsmile_face:

Is FiiO or a FiiO rep going to be at CAMJAM in Colorado in October to demo the X7? I would love to get a chance to hear it, and I would expect a prototype to be available by then to launch in November. It would be good to get some Headfi coverage to aid the launch.

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #4,790 of 18,020
happy about the M3.   AK JR and ZX100 are too expensive. My dad lost his Nano and he refuses to take my X5 which just lies in its box. He said it's too big and heavy. The Paw5000 would be too big and expensive for him too. I was thinking about the X1, but the M3 is just perfect for him I think.

The Trinity Delta I gave him gave him the head-fi virus, I'm just watching the incubation cycle reach its peak phase 
very_evil_smiley.gif

I hope the M3+Delta combo will turn him into full blown head-fi addict.

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #4,791 of 18,020
  happy about the M3.   AK JR and ZX100 are too expensive. My dad lost his Nano and he refuses to take my X5 which just lies in its box. He said it's too big and heavy. The Paw5000 would be too big and expensive for him too. I was thinking about the X1, but the M3 is just perfect for him I think.

The Trinity Delta I gave him gave him the head-fi virus, I'm just watching the incubation cycle reach its peak phase 
very_evil_smiley.gif

I hope the M3+Delta combo will turn him into full blown head-fi addict.

Wait wait so you offered him an X5 and he won't take it?  LAME! LMAO!

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #4,792 of 18,020

Wait wait so you offered him an X5 and he won't take it?  LAME! LMAO!

Neither will my sister... in her defense, she's content with her Samsung S6 Edge.
I even brought the X5 to CanJam but maybe 150eur was too much. Duncan said 100eur would be more attractive.
The Buy/Sell paper sheet at CanJam was probably missed by 99%. Bmichels did sell one of his things though I think. ^^

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #4,795 of 18,020
  Neither will my sister... in her defense, she's content with her Samsung S6 Edge.
I even brought the X5 to CanJam but maybe 150eur was too much. Duncan said 100eur would be more attractive.
The Buy/Sell paper sheet at CanJam was probably missed by 99%. Bmichels did sell one of his things though I think. ^^

Ewwwwwwwwwwww, she's fine with the sound of the ****ty DAC's/amps they put in commonplace SMARTPHONES?  Seriously?  Ewwwww.  You need to teach her to know better!  Haha
tongue.gif

Dude, 100 Euros for a perfectly working X5 is TOO CHEAP, IMO.  But I'm not sure if Fiio products are priced differently in Europe, so maybe I'm wrong.

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #4,796 of 18,020

Ewwwwwwwwwwww, she's fine with the sound of the ****ty DAC's/amps they put in commonplace SMARTPHONES?  Seriously?  Ewwwww.  You need to teach her to know better!  Haha
tongue.gif

Dude, 100 Euros for a perfectly working X5 is TOO CHEAP, IMO.  But I'm not sure if Fiio products are priced differently in Europe, so maybe I'm wrong.

No idea about the rest of Europe, but I had bought mine from Audiogarden.fr for 349eur, the X5ii is sold 379eur.

Step by step man, step by step ^^ She loves her new Delta iems too. Maybe she can keep her phone as source and use the new Q5 dac/amp. Or maybe I can convince her of getting the Sony ZX100 for her music/gym sessions.

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #4,797 of 18,020
  No idea about the rest of Europe, but I had bought mine from Audiogarden.fr for 349eur, the X5ii is sold 379eur.

Step by step man, step by step ^^ She loves her new Delta iems too. Maybe she can keep her phone as source and use the new Q5 dac/amp. Or maybe I can convince her of getting the Sony ZX100 for her music/gym sessions.

If she's not willing to use the X5 as a source, I SERIOUSLY DOUBT she'll be willing to stack her phone with an amp which is bulkier than the phone itself and carry that around in her pocket all day, haha
tongue.gif

Besides, when is the Q5 even supposed to come out?  And when is the ZX100 supposed to be coming out, and won't it be expensive?

Sep 12, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #4,798 of 18,020
content________-842.jpg

Ta da!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back