FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jul 24, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #4,291 of 18,020
I think I might have to unsubscribe from this one and just wait until the x7 is released.

This has become probably the most ridiculous thread on Head-Fi at this point. Too much back and forth and nonsense to consider it useful.

Can't we all just get along?

I like headphones

Jul 24, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #4,292 of 18,020
I think I might have to unsubscribe from this one and just wait until the x7 is released.

This has become probably the most ridiculous thread on Head-Fi at this point. Too much back and forth and nonsense to consider it useful.

Can't we all just get along?

I like headphones

To be 100%, most of what goes on in most of these threads is either misconception of the inner workings, "fights" over the greyer areas, and even as seen here people not even knowing squat about the very thing they are gushing over (other than it sounds good :/ ). I mean even the article posted (again) a few pages back on DSD just shows how obtuse this audio thing can be

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #4,293 of 18,020
I for 1 am getting sick of all the conjecture myself. I keep coming back every few days hoping to hear some real news on this ultimate of ultimates. I'm waiting for someone to prophecy about this thing. Fiio has hyped this thing up so much on this thread people are ready to kill each other. Just release the thing already so we can find out how normal it really is. Hype it too much at your own peril.

Jul 25, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #4,294 of 18,020
I for 1 am getting sick of all the conjecture myself. I keep coming back every few days hoping to hear some real news on this ultimate of ultimates. I'm waiting for someone to prophecy about this thing. Fiio has hyped this thing up so much on this thread people are ready to kill each other. Just release the thing already so we can find out how normal it really is. Hype it too much at your own peril.

That's why I subscribed. I want facts. Pictures would be nice too.

Jul 25, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #4,297 of 18,020

Data transfer: USB 2.0 ( Micro USB), WiFi

Does this mean we can use the x7 as a Transport for desktop USB-DAC? Included DSD,DXD ?

I doubt it. FiiO DAP history has shown that traditionally the USB port is for charging and inputting data only, no output. Digital output to a DAC will most likely be by coax only. Still may be able to output DSD.

Jul 25, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #4,299 of 18,020
Got some news from fiio webpage.
They are having a booth in Hong Kong High-end Audio and Video ExhibItion at Aug7-8.
Some new products including X7 will be on the show. 
So there should be more news coming
cool.gif

Jul 25, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #4,300 of 18,020

Got some news from fiio webpage.
They are having a booth in Hong Kong High-end Audio and Video ExhibItion at Aug7-8.
Some new products including X7 will be on the show. 
So there should be more news coming:cool:

Yep!

"The all-new Q1 portable DAC and the A1 ultraportable amplifier will also be shown. The much-anticipated X7, FiiO's first premium Android DAP, and the all new K5 desktop docking amplifier will also make their appearance. Music, endless fun!  FiiO awaits you in Hong Kong on 7-9 August in Hong Kong!

Jul 25, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #4,303 of 18,020
Jul 26, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #4,305 of 18,020
I bought an X3ii to hold me over.  It just isn't going to work for me.  The 5800 file limit is a deal killer, and I was mistakenly under the impression that there was a firmware update to fix that.  Now I'm trying to decide if I should wait for the X7.  Get the AK100ii. Or the X5ii.  Right now, the only portable I have is a 64gb Touch that I got last year.  

Any suggestions?

ps. I'm running the Oppo PM-3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back