FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Dec 31, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #2,041 of 18,020
  we will released more information after the new year, but now I will like to release a prototype design which shows a very important features in X7, 

not sure whether you guys can find the secret.

Noted, this photo is just a concept design and has been give up.  in fact, we have decided the final design but still have some detail to be decided. 

The shape looks... goooood! The oled screen looks sweet. The volume slider... I think that metal scroll with laser printed digits on it is a better idea (its also scary to do accidental volume slide when inserting to pocket).

The surface could be matte :)

Are the sockets made of metal? Looks a bit "thin" I think there is "extra space" that can be used for battery or extra "something" :wink:

The back darker surface could be even made of ... leather (like in NWZ-ZX1), it looks quite good with metallic design (when done properly it looks very very good) but it depends...

Overall... looks very exiting!

Btw. That switch looks awesome!

Edit: Just realised its magnetic slider - then it seems to be awesome.

Dec 31, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #2,042 of 18,020
  I'm going to assume that "not includes the subject sound quality" is a Chinese to English language translation hiccup and you meant will be the best in sound quality at that price!!

hahahahahaha 
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 31, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #2,043 of 18,020
  we will released more information after the new year, but now I will like to release a prototype design which shows a very important features in X7, 

Noted, this photo is just a concept design and has been give up.  in fact, we have decided the final design but still have some detail to be decided. 

mmmmmm .... i am concerned about that slider too .. but may be implemented well to avoid accidental changes !! 
- second oled screen ?! ... i am curios to see how it will work and what it is useful for ? 
- and name of DACs and AMP chips is not important as how it is implemented with the surround components !
over all i hope it will be a revolutionary product as it looks .........

Dec 31, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #2,045 of 18,020

I guess, the 2 screws on the backside are for opening and maybe for changing a module.

Dec 31, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #2,046 of 18,020
Hmmm....of course IMHO...this second screen is a nice, fancy feature, but it is likely that in order to implement this (IMHO unncessary) feature FiiO had to give up some space in the unit which could be used for audio parts to improve SQ or for bigger battery..ehhh, those f... market trends good for smartphones tend to be used in DAPs (which is not a good thing IMHO).

Dec 31, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #2,049 of 18,020
  OK, here is the final design of X7, sorry I can't show the detail to you guys.

Amazing, thanks @JamesFiiO so great to get to know all the details first hand.

Also thanks for sharing the prototype before. Interesting how things change over time and closer to production.

Cheers,
K

Dec 31, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #2,050 of 18,020
  OK, here is the final design of X7, sorry I can't show the detail to you guys.

Hmm... the slider and switch dissapeared, but not bad.

Those actually looked very good.

I like the edges are not sharp.

It looks a bit small (too small? seems like something can be added like extra battery power), hopefully the oled screen stays there as other things from previous screen :wink:

Finally: Thank you for getting here to forum and negotiating the features, its quite appreciated!

Well, I guess time to count down for pre-orders time!

Dec 31, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #2,053 of 18,020
  I like the edges are not sharp.

My guess is that the edges will be the large chamfered design like the style used on both the new E17K and the X5. So, neither sharp nor round.

I love the mat finish more than the brushed finish 
rolleyes.gif

Agreed. The matte finish on the X5 is actually a pretty nice texture to hold. It just photographs poorly and looks like cheap plastic. Perhaps the X7 will come in different finishes for people to choose from.

The amp module on the bottom is a nice idea. I'm hoping to see a low-power version that conserves battery life and has lower output with voltage levels similar to that of a smartphone, but high SNR, low DC offset, high current buffering (well, this feature might not do so well with regard to battery life), as well as a high-power version suitable for big cans, and an all-around version that uses an electronic relay to control gain.

An even cooler idea would be to open up the specifications to third party manufacturers to create aftermarket modules, and that could open up a whole host of possibilities.

I can envision also using the amp-less X7 as a digital transport front end, docking into a home system like the previous E7 + E9 marriage. Maybe the docking station will become the new E09 (guessing it'll have a new number, as the E09K already exists).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back