FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Nov 9, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #1,156 of 18,020
  I don't know, All I know is, i get heavy stings in my teeth, brain, heart, fingers, stomach and so on...
I get them from the phone, but with wifi on it is even worse.
So it probably is a combination of factors with the phone, but wifi defintely is one of them.

i think that you have 2 different things... i don't get anything like that at all.. And i live in a student building, i mean wifi in EVERY room, and rooms are like 3 meters wide. i am detecting over 50 wifis with my phone, and i am totally fine. 

Also... James, i am sorry i forgot that fiio primarly sells to chinese market. In this situation, fiio cannot actually get over a price point, as no chinese has over an X amount of money. Chinese laws are pretty bad on population. 

Also, i would hate to have a player that tries to do everything. A DAP doesn't need a camera, games, videos, messaging, apps.

A DAP needs sound quality, build quality, battery, large memory, a nice UI.

I hope that it will be able to hit chinese market and sell better than sliced bread!

Nov 9, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #1,157 of 18,020
"Also... James, i am sorry i forgot that fiio primarly sells to chinese market."

Good point for all of us to keep in mind when we make requests.

Nov 10, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #1,159 of 18,020
"no chinesse has over an x ammount of money " not sure if... since chinesse audio products on the upstream of 1.6k usd exist, not really a reason for price constraint

most people, "the mass" doesn't have unlimited amount of money. it is just harder to earn in china, because of the typical industry, and low wages. I never said that there are physically no chinese people that have money, but compared to say europe or usa, in china there are more that don't have thatn those who have enough money...

Nov 10, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #1,161 of 18,020
could you please do something for your next dap, that it will not be as sensible to gsm distortion as my dx50 is. i cannot ear the dx50 and my cellular at the sametime without getting These distortions.

Nov 10, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #1,163 of 18,020
  Agreed. But this is my fear of an Android based system. Android is a multitasker, which may mean that there will be manufacturing costs involved for parts that have nothing to do with plain ol' good audio. I love the fact that, at least up until now, all of Fiio's products have been simple and focused on one specific aspect; audio. 

I feel that an android based system would be a bit pointless perhaps. If I want android features, I have my phone for that.

I agree!
+1

Nov 10, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #1,164 of 18,020
I love the Fiio brand and had the honour of reviewing the X5 for Fiio which I thought sounded fantastic,I passed on the unit as I was going to sit it out and wait for the X7 but eventually caved in and bought the AK 100ii,which is a wonderful dap and the build is a work of art,hopefully Fiio should be aspiring to compete with this unit in build and sound,hopefully for a couple of quid less!wifi and a touchscreen are a must,the ability to connect to your computer or NAS drive and on line music stores is the way forward for Fiio,cant wait to see what they come out with!

Nov 10, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #1,165 of 18,020
  I love the Fiio brand and had the honour of reviewing the X5 for Fiio which I thought sounded fantastic,I passed on the unit as I was going to sit it out and wait for the X7 but eventually caved in and bought the AK 100ii,which is a wonderful dap and the build is a work of art,hopefully Fiio should be aspiring to compete with this unit in build and sound,hopefully for a couple of quid less!wifi and a touchscreen are a must,the ability to connect to your computer or NAS drive and on line music stores is the way forward for Fiio,cant wait to see what they come out with!

I thought we all agreed that it should aspire to match the ak240
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #1,166 of 18,020
 FIIO should aspire to be like iriver, and double the price with every new DAP no for clear reason?
biggrin.gif

I don't want FIIO to become like A&K in any way! NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 10, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #1,170 of 18,020
  Huh?  
blink.gif

See, sarcasm doesn't always work.  

darthsmile.gif

Fiio already has the X5 competing with the 240 sound-wise at about $350 vs. $2400.  The X7's price point seems to be around $700 and the hope is that it will equal or surpass the 240.  That's 1/3 the cost of the A&K.  Sure, Fiio could kite the price up, but Castle's point was they won't, because that is not how they are approaching their customers or marketing.  Which is one reason I will continue to buy their products.  Customer loyalty is valuable, and it goes both ways.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back