FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
May 15, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #241 of 18,019

Even better option for the Balanced Headphone-out: Mini-XLR !

agree'd but don't you need two of them? wait do you need two? hmm the HiRose is also fairly small... and it's tough as nails  and I actually have both connectors with me :3 [I have headphones with mini XLR connectors on one end and a full size XLR on the other

There is the hiRose 6pin next to the Mini XLR, I think both have poential and are good balanced out choices, I would ofc prefer the hiRose but well you know <3 

May 16, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #242 of 18,019
We talk about the type of connectors before James said anything about balance...4/6 pin hirose and 4 pin iris are both good for portable use

May 16, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #243 of 18,019
Audio player that supports native DSD (Calyx M & AK240)
Common point is adopted ZMOS chip
And enables the native DSD playback via this chip.

Announces AK100II · AK120II
It does not support native DSD playback unfortunately.
Because it has not adopted a ZMOS chip.

Fiio X7 hope that it is a native DSD playback support. 
beerchug.gif

May 16, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #244 of 18,019
  Audio player that supports native DSD (Calyx M & AK240)...

There is no real need of an extra chip. Even the SoC in X3 / X5 can do native DSD playback if they choose to use GPIO instead of I2S, plus a bit of programming of course.

Anyway, are you talking about XMOS? I never heard anything about a ZMOS chip with DSD playaback

May 17, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #246 of 18,019
I just want the x7:sunglasses:...dont know what this DSD IS:relieved:

*kicks impaient person*

DSD is the newest craze in Ultra High Resultion play back 

May 18, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #252 of 18,019
I know some decisions have been made but I think manufactures should start thinking about making a hi fi dap a little differently then they have been. 

So many are aiming for all the nerd bells and whistles (no offense) but for me if a DAP has excellent sound quality, excellent usability,  small size, excellent memory expansion capabilities (2 x SD, excellent battery life and perhaps most important outside SQ, excellent durability, I will spend good money on it. 

If I were a DAP maker I'd focus on that, especially durability. I think more people would be willing to pay big money for a DAP if they knew it could last close to as long as their home stereo. 

I'm not spending $700 on a DAP that lasts 2 years and will be a headache to use during those years - I will on a DAP that last 7 years and performs flawlessly. 

May 18, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #253 of 18,019
  agree'd but don't you need two of them? wait do you need two? hmm the HiRose is also fairly small... and it's tough as nails  and I actually have both connectors with me :3 [I have headphones with mini XLR connectors on one end and a full size XLR on the other

There is the hiRose 6pin next to the Mini XLR, I think both have poential and are good balanced out choices, I would ofc prefer the hiRose but well you know <3 

It should be a good thing, jack connectors are free in rotation.
It can move in rotation when you walk causing some sonic scratches.

(perhaps sonic scratches are considered as good for someone's by FIIO)

May 18, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #255 of 18,019
1. Sound. Flatness, power and details. Detail the hell outa everything without devoiding it of impact. 
2. Touch + Buttons
3. I dream when there gonna be some sort of sound filter to deal with albums murdered with "Loudness War"(like god awfully mixed Sebastian Bach's Give Em' Hell from april 2014(mentioning it cos it's the worst case of it i ever heard))
5. 2 sd slots  
6. Sound will dictate the price.The lower the better of course, But would be nice to see it a least under 1000$ with DX90 price point as a sweet dream spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back