FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Oct 23, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #14,823 of 18,020
What he said.

Kind of feel we are doing FiiO's work for them. I've already sold my X5ii today and have my one week old X7 for sale. Have lost confidence in FiiO with the new firmware releases and will be moving to another manufacturer.

Oct 23, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #14,824 of 18,020
  What he said.

Kind of feel we are doing FiiO's work for them. I've already sold my X5ii today and have my one week old X7 for sale. Have lost confidence in FiiO with the new firmware releases and will be moving to another manufacturer.

We're definitely speeding up the process for them discovering bugs but they still have to figure out why it exists and actually fix it (without messing up 5 more things in the process).

If anything they probably should have either waited for a more polished version to put out or make it a closed beta to keep us happier.

With that being said, I have by no means lost faith in Fiio or my X7

Oct 23, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #14,825 of 18,020
Couple notes with 3.0.3 version:

- Netflix isn't working, sound only, no video
- Youtube isn't working, sound only, no video
- Amazon video is working fine

A/V sync is fixed! hooray, thank you Fiio.

Oct 23, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #14,828 of 18,020
I think a better way forward would have been for not only FiiO bug test their firmware, but give it to a select group of individuals to test it as well. Then when it is ready for release, roll it out as a Beta, but several steps down the line from what FiiO considered the 3.0 a "Beta". Is there anything that precedes an "Alpha" release?

I've owned a X3, X5, X3ii, two X5ii and X7. But this Beta 3 firmware release has shaken my faith in the company.

When we know the time between the initial Beta 3.0 (6 October) and the final finished version, will tell us how much was wrong.

Oct 23, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #14,829 of 18,020

Of course there is. They released a beta firmware to head-fi of all places lol. Any and every bug will be found and 99% of them will render the player completely unusable

FiiO, has more or less, always tried to include feedback from us fans and this is one such way. With everyone complaining about the wait they decided to include fans in the testing process, making them feel part of the process.

What he said.

Cool story bro. So you were shocked to find their beta fw not working perfectly? 
rolleyes.gif
  This is par for the course and companies do betas on here, that is the very cornerstone of Head-fi, being able to interact with companies and having a say in products they put out, software or hardware. 

We're definitely speeding up the process for them discovering bugs but they still have to figure out why it exists and actually fix it (without messing up 5 more things in the process).

If anything they probably should have either waited for a more polished version to put out or make it a closed beta to keep us happier.

With that being said, I have by no means lost faith in Fiio or my X7

This bit isn't against you, but all the bellyachers in all the beta and official fiio threads

Herein lies the problem, damned if you do damed if you don't. This thread was full of people crying bloody murder when FiiO tried to take time to polish things. Now that they are trying to include the community in an OPTIONAL beta testing program, people are getting their knickers in a twist and bitching that things aren't working properly. Well no schiit, thats why its called a BETA testing. 

Yeah it sucks to have software bugs, but what software doesn't? If it bothers people that much stick to stock software till the latest official one is ready to drop?

Oct 23, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #14,830 of 18,020

Yeah it sucks to have software bugs, but what software doesn't? If it bothers people that much stick to stock software till the latest official one is ready to drop?

The problem is the stock software has issues as well.  Google Play services stopped working makes my X7 pretty much unusable.  The beta eliminated this for me but introduced the 6289 song limit when scanning my library. 

Oct 23, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #14,831 of 18,020
  Herein lies the problem, damned if you do damed if you don't. This thread was full of people crying bloody murder when FiiO tried to take time to polish things. Now that they are trying to include the community in an OPTIONAL beta testing program, people are getting their knickers in a twist and bitching that things aren't working properly. Well no schiit, thats why its called a BETA testing. 

Maybe they should start giving us alpha versions or the source code...

I can understand the frustration of finding bugs that effect use of the player, I'm just so surprised there has been such a backlash from some people about a "use at your own risk, we arent promising anything with this version" beta firmware. They claim Fiio isnt doing anything in response to their gripes and then get aggravated when theyre brought in to the middle of the process and some unresolved issues exist.

Issues are a hassle to deal with yes, but they've pushed out 3 revisions of this new beta so far based purely on our feedback.

Oct 23, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #14,832 of 18,020
I think it's fair to say this has been the most underdeveloped Beta I have seen from FiiO ever.

I do appreciate this community being part of the process, just with it had happened further down the line. I don't think I'm alone in that sentiment.

Oct 23, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #14,834 of 18,020
  I think it's fair to say this has been the most underdeveloped Beta I have seen from FiiO ever.

I do appreciate this community being part of the process, just with it had happened further down the line. I don't think I'm alone in that sentiment.

As has been said before - FiiO released it as a beta so people could test it.  Thats the whole idea.  I'm afraid I don't really get the complaints.  If you don't want to be part of the testing programme - go back to their stable release.

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #14,835 of 18,020
As has been said before - FiiO released it as a beta so people could test it.  Thats the whole idea.  I'm afraid I don't really get the complaints.  If you don't want to be part of the testing programme - go back to their stable release.

Agreed. Frankly, I would have been more than happy with Fiio telling us they needed more time to polish the update. Problem was, they were not communicating with us at all and that was worrying.

FiiO kind of is getting what they asked for here. A public beta on headfi is not the route I would have advised lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back