FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Oct 20, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #14,794 of 18,020
Gents,

I've moved to my freshly arrived AK300 for the time being, if FiiO releases a new beta firmware I'll test it but I'll stay with AK for now.
I fully trust FiiO will supply a wonderful final firmware soon!!!

Soundwise I prefer FiiO (especially with AM3) but the comfort of AK app is a bit better.

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #14,796 of 18,020
  Hi, 2damoon
1. Could you tell us where you found the files disappear? From the folders or the playlists?
2. Please try to uninstall the X7 in device manager and use another USB cable to see whether it helps?

Hello Fiio,

1. The files dissappear from the Playlist, not storage. If I do a rescan, they all appear. It happens sometime that all disappear, or just some.
2. I tried everything I could think of. The device does not show as Fiio in the Device Manager. It shows as unknown. I tried uninstalling it, installing it again, reinstalling the software, using different USB ports (I am using the same cable and port that worked in the previous firmware) and nothing makes it appear in Device manager as Fiio, and of course, because of that it does not show up in Fiio Control app.

Oct 21, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #14,798 of 18,020

Hello Fiio,

1. The files dissappear from the Playlist, not storage. If I do a rescan, they all appear. It happens sometime that all disappear, or just some.
2. I tried everything I could think of. The device does not show as Fiio in the Device Manager. It shows as unknown. I tried uninstalling it, installing it again, reinstalling the software, using different USB ports (I am using the same cable and port that worked in the previous firmware) and nothing makes it appear in Device manager as Fiio, and of course, because of that it does not show up in Fiio Control app.

Another issue I have discovered. The names of the Storages are messed up to. The Internal Storage is now called "SD Card" and the SD Card is called "TF and a Chinese character"...lol...this is messed up...

Oct 21, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #14,799 of 18,020
When seeing an album on library or artist->album does he order it acording to ID-TAG "Disc Number" if exists?

I don't check if does.

Oct 21, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #14,801 of 18,020
Glad to hear Viper is still big in your system needs. If I ever have need I would love to try. Maybe I'll buy an inexpensive Android phone that has decent sound and Root it just to see, might be fun. Any phone that you can think of that might fit that bill? I would use it just as a music player as I'm not going to root my G4, not yet anyway. Cheers.

Sorry just saw this bro. bavinck suggested a fine phone though.

[COLOR=111111]have you tried the SD card on 200 GB? does it work?[/COLOR]

Yes, it works.

Should i buy this without a amp dac or a cheaper dap with amp dac

Id buy this without a dac/amp. X7 is a great standalone dap. Very versatile. If you go the other way around, you will have a stack, which to me, can be frustrating to carry at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back