FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Oct 5, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #14,521 of 18,020
what is it about people upgrading the moment a BETA version gets released, instead of waiting for others (like FiiO, or one of the reviewers' whose NDA should be finished by now) to tell us more?

FiiO should have mentioned that downgrading is not possible (or not with ease, i believe the firmware flashing tool could still be used for this)

FiiO DID state that it is a public beta, and that it is not yet complete.

Please be aware of this if you decide to upgrade.

Oct 5, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #14,523 of 18,020
I'm using Fiio X7 as DAC  and it really is amazing.  (using with my Windows 10, Foobar as player, WASAPI plugin)

I have this doubt as to how the DAC FiiO works:

For example:
 I have 2 music files now on my list of Foobar:

-  FLAC 24 bit and  sample rate of 192kHz
 -  FLAC 16 bit and sample rate of 44kHz

When I run any of these files (and the sound is sent to the DAC), I can see in Fiio X7 screen  the sample rate changing to the correct corresponding value. However, the information "bits per sample" is always 24, even when I run the 16-bit file.

Thus, I see on the screen:

when play the first song file: 192KHz | 24 bits -- > this info is correct!
when play the first song file: 44KHz | 24 bits -- > this info is incorrect, the file is 16 bit, not 24.

Why does it happen?

Oct 5, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #14,524 of 18,020
I think this was done on purpose, for good reason:
Let's say you have your X7 in your pocket, next to a lighter or set of keys.
You have earphones in.
You sit down, and the lighter presses onto the volume up button.
The volume rises and you're just a tad too late to realise what's happening. Goodbye golden ears, hello tinnitus.

having saod that, if this were a setting in the system, that would be nice.
The headphone socket is TRS. for this to work you'd need TRRS, and even then i'm not sure if the amp section in capable of setting the signal through to the X7's mainboard.

I suspect you're right about the remote not being able to send the appropriate event through to the mainboard. It does actually pass an event, but it registers the same event (play/pause) for any and all remote button presses. I guess I'm resigned to not having that feature. I figured it was a long shot.

I still think a continuous volume change when holding the player's volume up/down buttons (with the screen locked/off) would be very useful. It could be made to raise/lower the volume gradually and FiiO could provide a volume limit to avoid any nasty accidents. In fact, a user-defined volume limit is quite an important missing feature at present.

Oct 5, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #14,525 of 18,020
To me and my X7, sound quality decreased from v1.8 to v2.0. It felt like the veil was put on the sound.
But with this v3b - sound quality increased again, even to the level better than it was before! Bass quality, detalization, separation, wide and deepness of the scene, clarity, resolution, tonality and overall perception is much much better and become pleasurable again!!
So, I really glad I updated, because sound quality and music is the priority for me.I will highly recommend to do the same for the one who in the highest piroritize the music and the sound quality.

So far, I discovered next glitches, bugs:
-inability of using any physical (external) buttons while the music is played and screen switched off. I press buttons - no reaction at all. Only power button works.
-no gapeless playback.
-some songs a played, but there is no sound.At all.Even though timing is passing - no sound...currently it happens with some mp3. Never happened on previous versions.
-power saving regime switches off when I connect x7 to laptop.

On the update:
-Now lines separate tracks.Becomes very comfortable to choose the track.
-the whole system become more readably and pleasant for eyes.
-the regime of energy saving is now colored with orange strips in the top and the bottom of the theme.
-amount of themes and standard pictures for theme reduced - no autumn,no fog/mist. All my favourite one are reduced :frowning2:((( Fiio, please return them back!!! And add more if it is possible))
-the name of music jerks while playing in Fiio music full screen regime.

Russian language;
AM1
LO+Alo Rx
FiiO app music player

I WILL REPEAT - SOUND QUALITY IS THE BEST AMONG ALL 3 PREVIOUS VERSIONS!!! NO BASS REDUCTION IN MY CASE - ONLY ITS IMPROVEMENT!!!

Oct 5, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #14,526 of 18,020
To me and my X7, sound quality decreased from v1.8 to v2.0. It felt like the veil was put on the sound.

But with this v3b - sound quality increased again, even to the level better than it was before! Bass quality, Separation, clarity, resolution, tonality and overall perception is much much better and become pleasurable again!!

So, I really glad I updated, because sound quality and music is the priority for me.I will highly recommend to do the same for the one who in the highest piroritize the music and the sound quality.

So far, I discovered next glitches, bugs:

-inability of using any physical (external) buttons while the music is played and screen switched off. I press buttons - no reaction at all. Only power button works.

-no gapeless playback.
-some songs a played, but there is no sound.At all.Even though timing is passing - no sound...currently it happens with some mp3. Never happened on previous versions.
-power saving regime switches off when I connect x7 to laptop.

On the update:

-Now lines separate tracks.Becomes very comfortable to choose the track.

-the whole system become more readably and pleasant for eyes.

-the regime of energy saving is now colored with orange strips in the top and the bottom of the theme.

-amount of themes and standard pictures for theme reduced - no autumn,no fog/mist. All my favourite one are reduced :frowning2:((( Fiio, please return them back!!! And add more if it is possible))
-the name of music jerks while playing in Fiio music full screen regime.

Russian language;
AM1
LO+Alo Rx

Fiio music

I WILL REPEAT - SOUND QUALITY IS THE BEST AMONG ALL 3 PREVIOUS VERSIONS!!! NO BASS REDUCTION IN MY CASE - ONLY ITS IMPROVEMENT!!!

Quick question concerning bass, stock FiiO app music player?
TIA

Oct 5, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #14,528 of 18,020
All my music is in an 1 TB. Kingston HyperX pendrive.

1. Navigating through folders in my OTG device is very slow compared with FW 2.0. and when i click on any sound file on any kind the Fiio music exit with "Ooops..." error message. I can't play any file if access through folders. Only plays accesing from media library or recent music files.
2. Updating the entire media library for the first time takes more than 30 minutes. In FW 2.0 only 3 minutes.
3. Can't equalize DSD files. I think i can do it in FW 2.0.
4. Not detect, in my case, Spanish characters of folders or files names.
5. Not estable. Constantly crashing.
6. The Fiio App player is the same. Same UI, same theme, same features. No new features or improvements except two: Change the order of folders and no white background on m3u8 playlist.

Expected and not see in this new release:
1. No posible to see or read the entire folder or file name if it is more long than the screen.
2. Not detect more than one genre, artist, etc. in the ID3 tag separated by semicolon ";".
3. Only searchs song, no genre, artist, albums, etc.
4. Mark a song to be the next to play and then continue to play the order of the marked song like the next song of that song album.
5. Subtitles of folders continues to be in a dark gray color imposible to read.
6. No read lyrics in tags. No sync lyrics.
7. White Text without shadows on the album image like quality or lyrics imposible to read if the album image is much lighter or white. 

Oct 5, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #14,532 of 18,020
  Do you know how it works? Does it actually do a good job?

Yep - seems to wort fine.  The more I use Neutron, the more I am starting to prefer it.  

Oct 5, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #14,533 of 18,020

The public beta firmware of Android 5.1 for FiiO X7 is coming:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/822149/the-public-beta-firmware-of-android-5-1-for-fiio-x7-is-coming

Loooking forward to your feedback!

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 5, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #14,534 of 18,020

Yep - seems to wort fine.  The more I use Neutron, the more I am starting to prefer it.  

I love Neutron, have used it for about 4 years now. I am also rather enjoying the simplicity of the Onkyo player, I paid to unlock all of it's functionality and it is a pretty solid player as well.

Oct 6, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #14,535 of 18,020

Users who are viewing this thread

Back