FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Oct 3, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #14,491 of 18,020
  The X7 is so darn versatile!

Whenever I am sitting down and working, I always have with me the AM3 and AM5 modules within an arms reach (one is always connected to X7) so its a matter of switching out modules to suit my mood and gear. Totally changed how I feel about the FiiO X7 and its been getting quite a bit more listening time thanks to all this. :)

RedJohn456, I have the same cover leather case and so far have not found an easy way to remove the Fiio X7 when I need to change the amplifier module. How you remove the device from inside the case?

Oct 3, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #14,492 of 18,020
I just need to take a doubt: when the screen is locked, the volume button works only step by step? I can not hold and the volume increase / decrease continuously in the same way when the screen is unlocked.

Is there any way to change this?

As of now that's how it was designed. No way to change it. I don't know if they changed this on the new firmware

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #14,494 of 18,020

RedJohn456, I have the same cover leather case and so far have not found an easy way to remove the Fiio X7 when I need to change the amplifier module. How you remove the device from inside the case?

Insert your headphone 3.5mm jack in line out (at top) and push just enough to grab it from bottom.

My 2 cents

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #14,495 of 18,020
i use my pinkie to push it out of the Dignis case.it helps that there's a dust stopper in there, gives about 1.5mm extra to push

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #14,496 of 18,020
Would an upgrade to 5.* mean that audio playing and usb file transfer could happen simultaneously?

Oct 4, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #14,497 of 18,020
When the screen is locked, the volume button works only step by step? I can not hold and the volume increase / decrease continuously in the same way when the screen is unlocked.

I'd like to vote for that feature too. FiiO, any chance of us getting that capability in a future firmware?

I'd also like the headphone socket to pass volume up/down events to the Android system. Even with root and the Xposed framework installed, there's no way of using a cable remote to adjust the volume. I realize this is probably too much to ask for, so I'd settle for continuous volume change via the X7's volume buttons... :)

Oct 4, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #14,498 of 18,020
Anyone here stacking with a mojo/hugo? 

Im torn between trying out the AM3 to see the balanced hype for myself or just going big and stacking. Essentially, is adding another item to the stack a drastic enough improvement to be worthwhile?

Oct 4, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #14,499 of 18,020

Im torn between trying out the AM3 to see the balanced hype for myself or just going big and stacking. Essentially, is adding another item to the stack a drastic enough improvement to be worthwhile?

I would say no. The X7 with the AM3 is absolutely amazing! I don't think you would gain anything nor would be able to tell the difference in a blind test besides it weighing 10 pounds.

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #14,501 of 18,020

Im torn between trying out the AM3 to see the balanced hype for myself or just going big and stacking. Essentially, is adto ding another item to the stack a drastic enough improvement to be worthwhile?

really like the am3 balanced
there's something to be said for being able
put that level of sound in your back pocket 
and walk around

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #14,502 of 18,020

no, there wasn't much of a difference between the AM5 and the mojo to me.  i did prefer the mojo slightly more (mojo/hugo have the chord house sound) with sines but it wasn't enough to have to carry the extra gear.  

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #14,503 of 18,020
I received this week my Fiio X7. Once received, I have done the upgrade to the latest firmware and everything is working properly.

I just need to take a doubt: when the screen is locked, the volume button works only step by step? I can not hold and the volume increase / decrease continuously in the same way when the screen is unlocked.

Is there any way to change this?

I think this was done on purpose, for good reason:
Let's say you have your X7 in your pocket, next to a lighter or set of keys.
You have earphones in.
You sit down, and the lighter presses onto the volume up button.
The volume rises and you're just a tad too late to realise what's happening. Goodbye golden ears, hello tinnitus.

having saod that, if this were a setting in the system, that would be nice.

I'd like to vote for that feature too. FiiO, any chance of us getting that capability in a future firmware?

I'd also like the headphone socket to pass volume up/down events to the Android system. Even with root and the Xposed framework installed, there's no way of using a cable remote to adjust the volume. I realize this is probably too much to ask for, so I'd settle for continuous volume change via the X7's volume buttons... :)

The headphone socket is TRS. for this to work you'd need TRRS, and even then i'm not sure if the amp section in capable of setting the signal through to the X7's mainboard.

Oct 5, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #14,504 of 18,020
Have anybody compared X7 LO with other DAPs like DX80 etc?
The DAC of which player is better?

Btw, my rig: X7+ALO Rx+Z5+Litz Cable 175x8!!!+Dr.Head CABLE interconnect 0.1 JLL.
With this cable, Z5 sounds even better than in balanced mode!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back