FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Sep 16, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #14,298 of 18,020
  Question regarding 192/24 & 96/24 FLAC/ALAC files and downsampling, do I need to use the Fiio app to play such files or should Poweramp/Rocketplayer/Neutron etc... play them fine? 

In Poweramp (without the unlock) they all sound distorted and slow and in unlocked Rocket player 192/24 just sounds awful. 

With the recent fw updates, do I still need to use the Fiio app to play such files as indicated above. How does Rocket player sound now for 192/24. I have the x7 plus the am2

Thanks.

Sep 16, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #14,299 of 18,020
My X7 has a compatibility issue with Mac in file transfer. Every time I copy files to X7's microSD card (SanDisk 128GB, ExFat, installed on X7) it always fails halfway and reports some kind of error. X7 then says the SD card was damaged but it resolved the issue after trying to prepare the SD card for a couple of times. Never had such an issue with Windows 7.

Sep 16, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #14,300 of 18,020
Can you guys confirm that those 2 issues are known and will be addressed in an upcoming firmware? Or is there something I haven't done correctly:

1) The volume buttons are not working when the screen is off (and music is playing)

2) When I connect the X7 to my NAS drive (via wifi) the songs in all my albums are ordered alphabetically (according to the name of the song, not the file name).

Sep 16, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #14,301 of 18,020
Next lovely feature is one of the screws 9n my am2 is rounded out and so I can't even try out my new am3. What were they thinking with such a weird screw type.....

You mean they are threaded? That's generally a user error - did you use the correct (included) screwdriver?

The new AM3 comes with replacement screws, right?

The "screw type" is fairly standard. Most "all in one" screwdriver kits include one.

Sep 16, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #14,302 of 18,020
You mean they are threaded? That's generally a user error - did you use the correct (included) screwdriver?

The new AM3 comes with replacement screws, right?

The "screw type" is fairly standard. Most "all in one" screwdriver kits include one.

The edges on the screw are too rounded off to be unscrewed. I assume the screws are made of a softer material, and they are screwed on really tight from the factory.

Sep 16, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #14,303 of 18,020
The edges on the screw are too rounded off to be unscrewed. I assume the screws are made of a softer material, and they are screwed on really tight from the factory.

Your X7 came with an AM2 right out of the factory?

1) The volume buttons are not working when the screen is off (and music is playing)

Try this 1st - while the screen is off - continiously tap on the volume buttons (instead of press and hold) to change the volume.

I noticed the difference in how you use the volume buttons with screen on and off.

Sep 16, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #14,304 of 18,020

AK players are not Android based as far as I know - If you use X7 as an AK (in pure music mode), then you don't use Tidal, etc. and get full music enjoyment, nothing relevant between the listener and listening music in its full experience. Yes, there are a few bugs in the stock music player, namely the volume issue, play/pause hangs once in a while, needs improvements in browsing, etc.

IMHO

Regards

They can support Tidal if they want to. In fact it's long been rumored that AK will support Tidal in the future. They currently have the HK-based MOOV for streaming. But I guess it's only eclusive to Chinese/Korean genre.

AK Connect works flawlessly and the better DLNA implementation than X7 for now.

Sep 16, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #14,305 of 18,020

You might want to try a small flat tip or slotted as some call it, like one for watch repair. If you have a kit with some small sizes, I'd bet you can get one to back it out. Because the metal is soft you can kind of wedge a flat tip in the space and it will catch.
I already had this exact problem and that is how I solved it.

Sep 17, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #14,307 of 18,020
You might want to try a small flat tip or slotted as some call it, like one for watch repair. If you have a kit with some small sizes, I'd bet you can get one to back it out. Because the metal is soft you can kind of wedge a flat tip in the space and it will catch.
I already had this exact problem and that is how I solved it.

Thanks for the help. I'll try that.

Sep 17, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #14,308 of 18,020
It's obvious that am2 and mod am1 are better. I have both. But when you compare am1 with decent phones or tablets. It really becomes a joke

Phone+50usd cable is about the same as am1 + stock cable. However, you spend like 600 to buy x7 and am1. You need to buy a phone anyway

Those who think am1 is fine. Have a you actually heard am2 or mod am1(am2a)?

Sep 17, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #14,309 of 18,020
Those who think am1 is fine. Have a you actually heard am2 or mod am1(am2a)?

I've heard all 3 - it depends on your preference.  AM1 is very linear, AM2 is warmer, and AM2A is warmer still.  All of them have their place. Personally I find the AM2A a little too warm for my own preferences - but I can see why many would like it.

BTW - all this talk of the AM1 being rubbish might be your opinion, but thats all it is - one persons opinion.  There will be many who disagree with you.  You've made your point - you don't like it - no need to now claim it as fact that its rubbish (it clearly isn't).

And those telling Andrew his ears are broken are no better.  "Preferences" people - we all have them.  I just wish we all had a little more tolerance to match.

Sep 17, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #14,310 of 18,020
I've heard all 3 - it depends on your preference.  AM1 is very linear, AM2 is warmer, and AM2A is warmer still.  All of them have their place. Personally I find the AM2A a little too warm for my own preferences - but I can see why many would like it.

BTW - all this talk of the AM1 being rubbish might be your opinion, but thats all it is - one persons opinion.  There will be many who disagree with you.  You've made your point - you don't like it - no need to now claim it as fact that its rubbish (it clearly isn't).

And those telling Andrew his ears are broken are no better.  "Preferences" people - we all have them.  I just wish we all had a little more tolerance to match.

For me am1 is bright. That is right. However, this brightness does not bring resolution. I really find it does not bring more details than a decent phone. Am2 and mod am1(am2a) do give me more information than phone. For me it's obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back