FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Feb 13, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #9,421 of 18,020
not yet but we will have result soon. in fact, the only question we are worry about is that there may someone who may complain it can't work out of the box when they buy the non-amp X7

James I don't think that would be a problem at all as long as the packing box clearly reads NO AMP MODULE INCLUDED IN BOX. Alternatively if you want to dummy proof the issue you can call the non-amp model something different like for example X7-NA.

Also do you have an idea what the price in usd will be for the non-amp model? Will there be any discount for us early dedicated Fiio fans who have bought the X7 when there wasn't this model available and now have to spend more to get the AM2? Some of us including myself never wanted the AM1 module to begin with.

Feb 14, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #9,422 of 18,020
Wanna play your m3u or m3u8 playlists? It IS possible!

1: prepare your playlist, make sure all files have /mnt/EXTERNAL_sd/ in front of them if they're on your micro sd card.
2: open the FiiO player and go to "local music" (folder icon)
3: you should now see icons: songs - artists - albums - genres - FOLDERS
4: tap folder icon, and select SD card (if your m3u playlist is there)
5: find your playlist, tap it.
6: the popup Should list your tracks. If you followed step 1 you should be able to tap a track and it should start playing.
7: use the back button.
8: tap the mini player. You're now on the "main screen"

From here swipe from left edge of the screen to have the list of tracks slide out. This you can use to go to the track you want.

Can you please post opening 5-6 lines of your m3u8 so I can check syntax?  I haven't been able to get mine working yet.

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #9,423 of 18,020
Yes sorry I realized that after I had posted but couldn't figure how to edit afterwards.

there should be a little pencil-like icon on the bottom left of your post (if you're not using the crippled mobile interface, something i would highly recommend turning off.

Can you please post opening 5-6 lines of your m3u8 so I can check syntax?  I haven't been able to get mine working yet.

initially generated by PuddleTag, then replaced /media/ch23/X5 TF1/A Winged Victory For The Sullen/ with /mnt/external_sd. if you use the internal memory, you should use /mnt/internal_sd

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF: 622, A Winged Victory For The Sullen - Atomos I
/mnt/external_sd/A Winged Victory For The Sullen/2014 - Atomos/A Winged Victory For The Sullen - 2014 - Atomos - 101 - Atomos I.flac
#EXTINF: 258, A Winged Victory For The Sullen - Atomos II
/mnt/external_sd/A Winged Victory For The Sullen/2014 - Atomos/A Winged Victory For The Sullen - 2014 - Atomos - 102 - Atomos II.flac
#EXTINF: 296, A Winged Victory For The Sullen - Atomos III
/mnt/external_sd/A Winged Victory For The Sullen/2014 - Atomos/A Winged Victory For The Sullen - 2014 - Atomos - 103 - Atomos III.flac
#EXTINF: 252, A Winged Victory For The Sullen - Atomos V
/mnt/external_sd/A Winged Victory For The Sullen/2014 - Atomos/A Winged Victory For The Sullen - 2014 - Atomos - 104 - Atomos V.flac
#EXTINF: 446, A Winged Victory For The Sullen - Atomos VI
/mnt/external_sd/A Winged Victory For The Sullen/2014 - Atomos/A Winged Victory For The Sullen - 2014 - Atomos - 105 - Atomos VI.flac

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #9,424 of 18,020
  there should be a little pencil-like icon on the bottom left of your post (if you're not using the crippled mobile interface, something i would highly recommend turning off.

initially generated by PuddleTag, then replaced /media/ch23/X5 TF1/A Winged Victory For The Sullen/ with /mnt/external_sd. if you use the internal memory, you should use /mnt/internal_sd

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF: 622, A Winged Victory For The Sullen - Atomos I
/mnt/external_sd/A Winged Victory For The Sullen/2014 - Atomos/A Winged Victory For The Sullen - 2014 - Atomos - 101 - Atomos I.flac
#EXTINF: 258, A Winged Victory For The Sullen - Atomos II
/mnt/external_sd/A Winged Victory For The Sullen/2014 - Atomos/A Winged Victory For The Sullen - 2014 - Atomos - 102 - Atomos II.flac
#EXTINF: 296, A Winged Victory For The Sullen - Atomos III
/mnt/external_sd/A Winged Victory For The Sullen/2014 - Atomos/A Winged Victory For The Sullen - 2014 - Atomos - 103 - Atomos III.flac
#EXTINF: 252, A Winged Victory For The Sullen - Atomos V
/mnt/external_sd/A Winged Victory For The Sullen/2014 - Atomos/A Winged Victory For The Sullen - 2014 - Atomos - 104 - Atomos V.flac
#EXTINF: 446, A Winged Victory For The Sullen - Atomos VI
/mnt/external_sd/A Winged Victory For The Sullen/2014 - Atomos/A Winged Victory For The Sullen - 2014 - Atomos - 105 - Atomos VI.flac

Thank you - works brilliantly.

I now have my review tracks on the X7 as well.  Can't tell you how much easier this makes things!

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #9,425 of 18,020

Thank you - works brilliantly.

I now have my review tracks on the X7 as well.  Can't tell you how much easier this makes things!

what did you make the playlist with, please let me know if anything UTF-8 related works for you.

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #9,426 of 18,020
Over the years I've had to "modify" a lot of normal track file names to take out special characters - so it only choked on two. Most of the time I simply take the path of least resistance so that things work.

Complete file looks like this:

#EXTM3U
#clarity
/mnt/external_sd/S-U/Steely Dan/Gaucho/04 Gaucho.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/D-F/Dire Straits/The Best Of (Private Investigations)/01 Sultans Of Swing.m4a
#soundstage
/mnt/external_sd/A-C/Amber Rubarth/Sessions from the 17th Ward/08 Tundra.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/J-L/Loreena McKennitt/Live in Paris and Toronto/08 Dante's Prayer.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/A-C/Amanda Marshall/Amanda Marshall/01 Let It Rain.m4a
#bass
/mnt/external_sd/M-O/Mark Lanegan Band/Blues Funeral/02 Bleeding Muddy Water.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/J-L/Lorde/Pure Heroine/03 Royals.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/A-C/Amy Winehouse/Back To Black Deluxe/02 You Know I'm No Good.m4a
#femalevocal
/mnt/external_sd/A-C/Agnes Obel/Aventine/04 Aventine.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/J-L/London Grammar/If You Wait (Deluxe)/06 Strong.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/A-C/Angus & Julia Stone/Down The Way/03 For You.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/A-C/Christina Perri/Head Or Heart/04 Human.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/D-F/Feist/Metals/01 The Bad in Each Other.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/D-F/Florence + The Machine/Between Two Lungs/04 Howl.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/G-I/Gabriella Cilmi/Lessons To Be Learned/09 Safer.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/M-O/Norah Jones/The Fall/03 Light As A Feather.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/S-U/Sarah Jarosz/Build Me Up from Bones/03 Mile On the Moon.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/S-U/The Cranberries/Bury the Hatchet/06 Shattered.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/J-L/Lianne La Havas/Is Your Love Big Enough/01 Don't Wake Me Up.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/P-R/Phoebe Bridgers/Killer/01 Chelsea.m4a
#rock
/mnt/external_sd/S-U/3 Doors Down/Away from the Sun/02 Away From The Sun.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/S-U/10cc/The Very Best Of 10cc/09 Art For Art's Sake.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/A-C/Alter Bridge/One Day Remains/06 Broken Wings.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/A-C/Breaking Benjamin/Shallow Bay; Best Of/07 The Diary Of Jane.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/D-F/Eagles/Hell freezes over/06 Hotel California.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/G-I/Green Day/American Idiot/04 Boulevard Of Broken Dreams.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/J-L/Jethro Tull/Aqualung/10 Locomotive Breath.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/M-O/Nils Lofgren/Acoustic Live/05 Keith Don't Go.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/S-U/Seether/One Cold Night/05 Immortality.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/P-R/Pearl Jam/Rearviewmirror (Down Side)/04 Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town.m4a
#altrock
/mnt/external_sd/P-R/Pink Floyd/Dark Side of the Moon/05 Money.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/P-R/Porcupine Tree/In Absentia/02 Trains.m4a
#jazzblues
/mnt/external_sd/P-R/Portico Quartet/Portico Quartet/02 Ruins.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/P-R/Portico Quartet/Portico Quartet/07 Steepless.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/M-O/Miles Davis/Kind Of Blue/01 So What.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/D-F/Diana Krall/The Girl In The Other Room/06 Love Me Like A Man.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/A-C/Alison Krauss and Union Station/Paper Airplane/02 Dust Bowl Children.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/A-C/Beth Hart/Live At Paradiso/04 Lifts You Up.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/J-L/Joe Bonamassa/Live From Nowhere In Particular/04 India-Mountain Time.m4a
#rap-edm
/mnt/external_sd/D-F/Eminem/Curtain Call - The Hits/06 Lose Yourself.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/J-L/Little Dragon/Ritual Union/02 Little Man.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/J-L/Little Dragon/Little Dragon/01 Twice.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/J-L/Lindsey Stirling/Lindsey Stirling/01 Electric Daisy violin.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/S-U/The Flashbulb/Reunion/10 God Is Speaking.m4a
#pop-indie
/mnt/external_sd/A-C/Adele/Live At The Royal Albert Hall/04 Turning Tables (Live).m4a
/mnt/external_sd/A-C/Coldplay/X&Y/07 Speed Of Sound.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/A-C/Band of Horses/Cease to Begin/01 Is There a Ghost.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/V-Z/Wildlight/Hers Was As Thunder/05 Dawn To Flight.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/V-Z/Yesper/Cannibal Kng/01 Cannibal King.m4a
#classical
/mnt/external_sd/A-C/Anne-Sophie Mutter, Trondheim Soloists/Vivaldi Four Season/01 1. Allegro.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/V-Z/Wilhelm Kempff/Beethoven Piano Sonatas 8 14 21 23/04 1. Adagio sostenuto.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/V-Z/Wilhelm Kempff/Beethoven Piano Sonatas 8 14 21 23/06 3. Presto agitato.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/J-L/Julia Fischer/Tchaikovsky; Violin Concerto in D/01 Concerto for violin in D, Op. 35; I. Allegro moderato.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/A-C/Christopher Tin/Calling All Dawns/01 Baba Yetu (feat. Soweto Gospel Choir).m4a
/mnt/external_sd/M-O/Netrebko, Garanca, Vargas, Tezier/The Opera Gala (Live From Baden-Baden)/01 Viens, Mallika, ... Dôme épais (Flower Duet).m4a
/mnt/external_sd/J-L/Luciano Pavarotti/The Ultimate Collection/01 Nessun Dorma.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/V-Z/Zoe Keating/Into The Trees/02 Escape Artist.m4a
#other
/mnt/external_sd/S-U/Sola Rosa/Solarized; Refreshed/03 Don't Leave Home.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/S-U/Salmonella Dub/Feel The Seasons Change - Live In Concert with the NZSO & Guests/03 Tui Dub.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/S-U/State Radio/Us Against The Crown/04 Right Me Up.m4a
/mnt/external_sd/G-I/Hans Zimmer/Inception OST/09 Dream Within A Dream.m4a

Feb 14, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #9,427 of 18,020
by the way, @Brooko, your RS1 has a fantastic synergy with the X7 AM1 module. i put them on yesternight and haven't been able to take them off. still extremely happy with them :)

Feb 14, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #9,428 of 18,020
I've had the AM2 module with me for the last week.  Takes X7 to a whole new level - didn't think it would make that much difference - but yep, it does.Going to write that up as soon as I get a spare moment.

Pleased to hear the RS1 still going strong.  Miss the old Grados - but to be fair I don't get much time for just kicking back and listening nowadays. Too busy with the reviewing. Can be a pleasure and a curse.

Feb 14, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #9,429 of 18,020
  I've had the AM2 module with me for the last week.  Takes X7 to a whole new level - didn't think it would make that much difference - but yep, it does.Going to write that up as soon as I get a spare moment.

Pleased to hear the RS1 still going strong.  Miss the old Grados - but to be fair I don't get much time for just kicking back and listening nowadays. Too busy with the reviewing. Can be a pleasure and a curse.

i believe @ClieOS compared that module to the e12DIY, which had me set on buying it as soon as it is available in the netherlands/europe.

i once thought of becoming a "professional" reviewer, but realised that it would take away too much of the fun of listening. i try not to be too analytical of the devices i listen with, not to.

i do get that it has its pros though; i mostly make blind purchases. sometimes a waste of money (sony pfr-v1, ue900) but luckily usually not (rs1, ps1000, x3, x5, x7, etcetera)

Feb 14, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #9,430 of 18,020

Does it have rolled off treble, like E12A which uses the same amp module? 

Feb 14, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #9,431 of 18,020
  Does it have rolled off treble, like E12A which uses the same amp module? 

I'll measure it later - but according to Fiio's measurements, the E12A definitely doesn't have rolled off treble.

Check the frequency graph - http://www.fiio.net/en/products/33/parameters

The one thing I've noticed on these boards - guys will talk about something they think they perceive with their ears.  In short time, someone else will confirm it, and then everyone "hears it" and takes it as gospel.  I wonder if you still hear the rolled off treble - now that you KNOW there actually is none 
wink.gif

Feb 14, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #9,432 of 18,020
  Survival of the fittest anybody who can't figure out that buying a DAP without an amp won't result in sound, well, we can only hope that their DNA isn't passed along.

Hopefully Fiio won't start thinking this way.

James, isn't that possible when the customer buys his X7, to propose him several amp options instead of just selling the product without amp?
For instance when you buy a computer, on the retailer website you can choose the ROM etc.
You would send both the X7 unamped and the chosen amp. Would it be likely?

Feb 14, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #9,433 of 18,020
Just after a little help if possible. When I dock my X7 (firmware 1.8 factory reset completed) into the K5 my understanding is that the X7 should then be able to be turned on and off by the K5. It doesn't, I have to use the on/off button on the side of the X7. Also the idle off timer doesn't work i.e. power down automatically when not played (set for 5 minutes). My X3 2nd gen powers on/off perfectly as it should although is difficult to dock (even using the rubber spacers). Am I missing a setting somewhere on the X7 to hand over control to the K5? Any ideas?. Thanks guys (also posted in K5 thread).

Feb 14, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #9,434 of 18,020

Hey Brooko, did you notice this improvement also with IEM's, or only with more power demanding full headphones?

Feb 14, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #9,435 of 18,020

I'll measure it later - but according to Fiio's measurements, the E12A definitely doesn't have rolled off treble.

Check the frequency graph - http://www.fiio.net/en/products/33/parameters

Here, for both X7 (with AM2) and E12A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back