FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Dec 28, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #7,696 of 18,020

the amp module help nothing to solve the interference of wifi signal and there are not means to release a whitelist headphones about this issus. hope you guys can understand us it is beyond our ability and it also depended on the other fators like the wifi signal and something else. 

This is the kind of response that beggars belief to me, why should I understand?  £500 for a non-working product???  My WiFi signal is not a factor it is a poorly implemented function of the player or a faulty unit.  Please don't try and blame the customer.
I have always supported Fiio, bought quite a few products over the last few years but the attitude over this is starting to leave a bad taste. 

Dec 28, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #7,698 of 18,020

This is the kind of response that beggars belief to me, why should I understand?  £500 for a non-working product???  My WiFi signal is not a factor it is a poorly implemented function of the player or a faulty unit.  Please don't try and blame the customer.
I have always supported Fiio, bought quite a few products over the last few years but the attitude over this is starting to leave a bad taste. 

I don't see anyone at FiiO blaming the customer. I think your frustration (which I understand) is getting better of you.
I understand it's not always possible but I would test if your unit has the noise problem with your phone as a hot spot and then go test another unit (in store for example) with your phone as a hotspot. If one will exhibit the noise and other won't you will be sure that it is a defective unit. 

I use Satechi remote with X7. When both connected there is sound deterioration. Sound become weaker and it seems to have down sampling phenomenon. The sound quality is as same as if I use the x7 with Bluetooth headphone which mean poor sound quality.

FiiO will probably fix it in software at some point. I don't think the would release a BT remote if their remote was causing problems like this :wink:

Dec 28, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #7,700 of 18,020
There's no streaming in Pure Music Mode, so the wifi interference some folk are reporting oughtn't be a problem.

Unless you're downloading a firmware update while listening. Then I suppose it could be.

I'm not really going to use wi-fi much (other than for soundcloud), so it's not gonna bug me THAT much.

Faint noise that cancels out when playing music is fine. As long as it's not cheapo laptop type hissing, then I'm okay.

Dec 28, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #7,701 of 18,020
I just got my X7, updated to FW 1.5 first and then first thing I checked out the wifi interference issue using Spotify and Tidal with my unit : luckily I have no issue whatsoever, glad I made the jump anyway!

It's just been 30mn or so going through my test tracks, so far so good, coming from the much pricier ZX2 I must say I am not disappointed I like the sound signature better (with my beloved S-EM9, I'll go through other headphones later). Just suprised to need to push volume to 75/80 in low gain with the 40 ohm / 119dB S-EM9 given the output difference between ZX2 and X7.

Dec 28, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #7,702 of 18,020
I just got my X7, updated to FW 1.5 first and then first thing I checked out the wifi interference issue using Spotify and Tidal with my unit : luckily I have no issue whatsoever, glad I made the jump anyway!

It's just been 30mn or so going through my test tracks, so far so good, coming from the much pricier ZX2 I must say I am not disappointed I like the sound signature better (with my beloved S-EM9, I'll go through other headphones later). Just suprised to need to push volume to 75/80 in low gain with the 40 ohm / 119dB S-EM9 given the output difference between ZX2 and X7.

Spotify and Tidal (and other Android apps that are not called FiiO Music) currently have a firmware-induced 6dB drop in volume. We will probably review this part of the firmware later. See here for more:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/713735/fiio-x7-dxd-dsd-384k-64b-ess9018-android-amp-module-design-call-for-3rd-party-amp-module-developers/7530#post_12195296

That S-EM9 sounds like quite a sensitive earpiece, you sure you're not getting interference? What about if you walk further away from your router until the signal level drops off? :confused_face_2:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 28, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #7,703 of 18,020
  I don't see anyone at FiiO blaming the customer. I think your frustration (which I understand) is getting better of you.
I understand it's not always possible but I would test if your unit has the noise problem with your phone as a hot spot and then go test another unit (in store for example) with your phone as a hotspot. If one will exhibit the noise and other won't you will be sure that it is a defective unit. 

FiiO will probably fix it in software at some point. I don't think the would release a BT remote if their remote was causing problems like this :wink:

Frustration is not getting the better of me.  Fiio have suggested WIFi network may be an issue, this is not the case.  I've just connected via my mobile phone's 4g network and guess what - interference is still there.

It's not rocket science, I've said all along that I think it's a faulty unit but Fiio are adamant that it is not a faulty unit.  Either way I will return it for another unit which will hopefully do as it is advertised, if not a refund will be in order.

Dec 28, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #7,704 of 18,020
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 28, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #7,705 of 18,020
confused.gif
confused_face_2.gif
ph34r.gif

Sorry meant connected to mobile network network via the phone's mobile hotspot function.  Internet speed of 20mbps.  Should've been a bit clearer.

Dec 28, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #7,707 of 18,020
Dec 28, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #7,708 of 18,020
Spotify and Tidal (and other Android apps that are not called FiiO Music) currently have a firmware-induced 6dB drop in volume. We will probably review this part of the firmware later. See here for more:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/713735/fiio-x7-dxd-dsd-384k-64b-ess9018-android-amp-module-design-call-for-3rd-party-amp-module-developers/7530#post_12195296

That S-EM9 sounds like quite a sensitive earpiece, you sure you're not getting interference? What about if you walk further away from your router until the signal level drops off?
confused_face_2.gif

Thanks I had read that but forgot about the 6dB drop, I know it's an android limitation.
Not a concern I can push volume up a bit, or go high gain although I wouldn't expect to need to with IEMs such as the S-EM9. 
Note that it's highly sensitive but impedance is not that low for an IEM (a little under 40ohm).

I am not getting any interference, black background for me :)
(for reference my serial is 60030150210508 and NB - what is that? - is T333a)

Edit : I tried setting to high gain, no interference either

Users who are viewing this thread

Back