FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jul 19, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #4,231 of 18,020
Hi Everyone,

Just got a message from Fiio support team telling that they are still trying to implement full SACD support, aka DST support, on the X7.
So all is not lost !
Like we say in chinese : 加油 !! 
It would be the first DAP to support it, I don't think (though I'm not 100% sure) that AK240 can play DST compressed DFF or DSF files.

I'll be in asia for the next month (not in China though), hunting for SACD (have some other things planned as well!), I will keep a close eye to the China release of the X7.

hope battery life can sustain as close to 10h playing DSD/DST as possible.

May not be a zero-day feature, but still, it's good to hear that they are minding this issue.

Cheers

Jul 20, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #4,233 of 18,020
Agreed. Happy owner of the X5ii, can't wait to try out the X7 when it hits.

Jul 20, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #4,234 of 18,020
Neutron and all other music players on the Google Play Store can't reproduce above 44 kHz or 48 kHz because of an Android limitation that hardware developers like Samsung, Fiio, etc. can bypass.

Jul 20, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #4,235 of 18,020
thank you all head-fiers for the experience & info with the Fiio X5ii, i was about to purchase on thursday but i think i am gonna wait it out for the Fiio x7 or the Geek Wave XDF 256. which one ever hits the market first. for now i need a quick replacement for my trusty & beloved apple ipod touch 5th gen 64gb in which i will buy the new and improve 128gb apple ipod touch 6th gen. again thanks head-fiers for all info. :punch: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jul 20, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #4,236 of 18,020
thank you all head-fiers for the experience & info with the Fiio X5ii, i was about to purchase on thursday but i think i am gonna wait it out for the Fiio x7 or the Geek Wave XDF 256. which one ever hits the market first. for now i need a quick replacement for my trusty & beloved apple ipod touch 5th gen 64gb in which i will buy the new and improve 128gb apple ipod touch 6th gen. again thanks head-fiers for all info. :punch: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Did I miss something? I haven't heard of a 6th generation i-Pod Touch even being announced never mind actually being available. 

Jul 20, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #4,237 of 18,020
try this link fellow head-fier good sound. i have been complaining & bitching from the very first time i bought the ipod 4th gen to apple about having an option of 128gb storage on the ipod touch. well now time to bitch even more for a 256gb or 512gb ipod touch. ride on audiophile/head-fiers ride on!! 

http://www.apple.com/ipod-touch/

Jul 20, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #4,239 of 18,020
Looking at the Apple iPod website, it seems decent as long as you don't mind being trapped in their ecosystem.

Jul 20, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #4,240 of 18,020
  try this link fellow head-fier good sound. i have been complaining & bitching from the very first time i bought the ipod 4th gen to apple about having an option of 128gb storage on the ipod touch. well now time to bitch even more for a 256gb or 512gb ipod touch. ride on audiophile/head-fiers ride on!! 

http://www.apple.com/ipod-touch/

Yes, I see that it came out on July 15. A little surprising as just a week or two prior to that the reports were that it wouldn't be released until September. I can't find a retailer here in Canada that lists the 128GB version as being in stock though. My interest in the new 6th gen Touch is not for portable music playback, at least certainly not for me, it will be of some interest to my fourteen year old daughter however, who has already worn out one 5th gen and is working on a second. The two are attached at the hip. Her birthday is fast approaching and now I know what to get her.

In any event enough of my thread crapping. Back to the X7. Tempted to upgrade my X5i to a gen 2, but I think it would be more prudent to wait for the X7. Even after reading all that I have read, still can't decide if it's worth going from the X5 gen 1 to the gen2.

Jul 20, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #4,245 of 18,020
  Neutron and all other music players on the Google Play Store can't reproduce above 44 kHz or 48 kHz because of an Android limitation that hardware developers like Samsung, Fiio, etc. can bypass.

With my 4.4 android, I got 24/192 playback with USB Audio Recorder Pro. My S6 does it natively. I think you are mistaken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back