FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Dec 31, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #2,087 of 18,020
  make lower! looks better and more difficult to scratch. If it would limit battery size then dont make it lower :)

The design is already final as James mentioned.

Cheers,
K

Dec 31, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #2,088 of 18,020
Let's not judge the ugliness of the X7 from the deliberately blurry pix that James posted. It might look very different in the flesh. 

And to if it follows the Porsche Design philosophy then it will be simple, elegant and very stylish.

I like the "phone" style design a lot.

cheers,
K

Dec 31, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #2,089 of 18,020
  Let's not judge the ugliness of the X7 from the deliberately blurry pix that James posted. It might look very different in the flesh. 

And to if it follows the Porsche Design philosophy then it will be simple, elegant and very stylish.

I like the "phone" style design a lot.

cheers,
K

Thats me here and of course I said, I'll buy when the sound impresses me. And I think it will do so.

And besides, I do not earn enough money to spent it "only" for design and optic. I prefer something tangible.

I think the simple design actually even better than the first study.
I was confused only the images sequence.

Dec 31, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #2,090 of 18,020

Thats me here and of course I said, I'll buy when the sound impresses me. And I think it will do so.

And besides, I do not earn enough money to spent it "only" for design and optic. I prefer something tangible.

I think the simple design actually even better than the first study.
I was confused only the images sequence.

Totally agree. I don't really care much about the looks, as long as it doesn't get int he way of usability, portability and durability.

However, all other things equal, I take the more haptical and optical pleasing device :wink:

$699 is a lot of money for a DAP and I certainly will think twice before spending that money, so yes it better is as close to the ideal / perfect DAP as possible.

Dec 31, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #2,091 of 18,020

If the X7 design really has been finalised please consider using this concept for your next model
redface.gif

Aesthetics aside, I trust you guys to get the sound quality right
wink.gif
, and sorry again for my limited enthusiasm for the looks.

+1000, this is a very unique and beautiful design as well as being very functional! Please keep this design for a future DAP.

Dec 31, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #2,093 of 18,020
+1 most of the portable devices are similar in design including daps. I think, this design has a charm all it's own.

That is not the final design. See James' subsequent blurry photos.

Dec 31, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #2,094 of 18,020
I've just realised why I like that 'flip switch' so much.
I think it's because it brings to mind retro pro audio gear like reel to reel tape consoles, and 70's receivers.
This works well in the context of the rest of the design which is bang up to date.
I like the shape of the recess that it sits in too.
The whole design works very well together.

Please note that while it is important to me, the aesthetics of the device are secondary.to the sound, and the reason I choose to only mention the looks are that I feel confident regarding the sound that FiiO will provide, but that IMO final design is lacking compared to the design concept, YMMV.

Dec 31, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #2,095 of 18,020
There is no flip switch.

Dec 31, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #2,096 of 18,020
That is not the final design. See James' subsequent blurry photos.

Yeah, we know.
A few of us are just saying that we like the draught concept better than the final design ( bit boring? )

Personally I'm hoping that the design isn't totally finalised, and that a huge wave of love from us for the concept drawing inspires FiiO to go that way instead :rolleyes:

If not then we can at least campaign for the next model to take up the torch.

Dec 31, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #2,098 of 18,020
There is no spoon, either.
But I was referring to the flip switch on the concept drawing (much more inspired look IMO)

I now see what your devious mind is up to lol

Dec 31, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #2,099 of 18,020

+1 most of the portable devices are similar in design including daps. I think, this design has a charm all it's own.

But the 'partial bulge' design is less compact than the later design, so, because of this, I'm glad the newer design has been accepted and the above design rejected.

I've just realised why I like that 'flip switch' so much.

Thankfully, it does not appear to be on the more recent design - I say that because it wastes unnecessary space.

the rending is just to show the dual screen so there are not flip switch and magnetic slider.  

I'm glad you didn't proceed with having a magnetic slider on the X7, James - it would just be a silly copy of the Calyx-M, and, as was discussed at great length in the Calyx-M thread, a slider on a pocket device is utterly illogical (potentially dangerous to people's hearing, if accidentally knocked instantly to maximum) and ergonomically-inappropriate.

Hmmm....of course IMHO...this second screen is a nice, fancy feature, but it is likely that in order to implement this (IMHO unncessary) feature FiiO had to give up some space in the unit which could be used for audio parts

...or the abandoned second microSD card slot (face-palm...)    (I wouldn't care about the wi-fi using more power, in such a configuration).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back