Fiio X5iii Firmware Modification Project - PURIST REMIXED WITH 1.0.9 KERNEL
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #106 of 298
mostly google triggers those wakelocks. disable google services (by switching to pure music mode for starters, to see if it works), and you have 2%hour. if you like google services for some reason, xposed framework-amplify-wakelock settings (root needed).

Apr 7, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #108 of 298
I updated public Purist ROM with 1.1.1 kernel now. That should fix wifi wake lock issue. I'm not updating this for Advanced ROM as no one asked me to yet.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #110 of 298
  I updated public Purist ROM with 1.1.1 kernel now. That should fix wifi wake lock issue. I'm not updating this for Advanced ROM as no one asked me to yet.

Regards,
Keetakawee

So if I downloaded the image file a week ago, then there's still the 1.0.9 kernel? Guess it's worth to keep it just to be able to check the differences :wink:

Apr 10, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #113 of 298
Anyone figured out how to install Nova Launcher as default? I hate the stock launcher and I'll never run in purist mode (as I use TIDAL)- so I'm willing to sacrifice the purist mode. Any ideas?

Rom is awesome imo. Thanks to the OP.

I'm looking into this... Could be doable with root and modding system partition. Wanted to do a custom ROM too, but lacking timd right now.

Apr 10, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #114 of 298
I'm looking into this... Could be doable with root and modding system partition. Wanted to do a custom ROM too, but lacking timd right now.

I already have my device rooted, would it be as simple as replacing the stock launcher with nova (renamed as stock maybe), using root Explorer and changing permissions

What app is available to edit/repack the .img file format anyway, such that you can still flash using the stock fiio-x5 updater tool? I have tried all sorts of paid iso/img windows apps with no luck at all.

Apr 10, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #115 of 298
I already have my device rooted, would it be as simple as replacing the stock launcher with nova (renamed as stock maybe), using root Explorer and changing permissions

What app is available to edit/repack the .img file format anyway, such that you can still flash using the stock fiio-x5 updater tool? I have tried all sorts of paid iso/img windows apps with no luck at all.

Yes, replacing the stock system launcher3 apk with nova might work, it was one of my potential attempts.

WindowsX said to look for a Rockchip image editor a few posts back. That would be your best bet. :wink:

Apr 11, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #116 of 298
Replacing launcher3 file may work. It appears the ROM itself is binded to launcher3 without allowing to be changed.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Apr 11, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #117 of 298
Replacing launcher3 file may work. It appears the ROM itself is binded to launcher3 without allowing to be changed.

Regards,
Keetakawee

The rom is odexed, such than when trying to rename and force push a mismatched apkmirror, it just fc's.

I am trying to figure out how to implant nova, native into an odexed rom, as a systems app.

If you are so inclined can you at least lead me in the proper "direction" as to which image editing tool you are using to open/edit the img format. No need to hold my hand, but a slight nudge in the right direction would certainly be appreciated for me to run the rest of the race.

I have searched everywhere for a windows based tool and all I come up with is Linux based , that don't open in windows.

Apr 11, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #118 of 298
The rom is odexed, such than when trying to rename and force push a mismatched apkmirror, it just fc's.

I am trying to figure out how to implant nova, native into an odexed rom, as a systems app.

If you are so inclined can you at least lead me in the proper "direction" as to which image editing tool you are using to open/edit the img format. No need to hold my hand, but a slight nudge in the right direction would certainly be appreciated for me to run the rest of the race.

I have searched everywhere for a windows based tool and all I come up with is Linux based , that don't open in windows.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257331

XDA is your friend.

Apr 11, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #120 of 298

The ROM is odexed??? What are we, in 2012?? :rofl:

Seriously, if the system APK's are truly odexed, to replace launcher3, you'll have to delete its .odex counterpart before overwriting launcher3.apk. The FC should not be related to odex, might have other intricacies... 

So considering Fiio is using an archaic method of bundling APK's instead of just keeping them deodex and using ART runtime, there might be some potential gain by deodexing the system folder... IF Fiio apps are all compatible with ART. If it's not, you'll be stuck making a frankenrom with odex and a deodex launcher.

Seriously, if there's one thing Fiio needs to fix, it's their android build and the way they code. The way they do things just screams deprecated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back