Fiio X5iii Firmware Modification Project - PURIST REMIXED WITH 1.0.9 KERNEL
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #136 of 298
  Thanks!

But what`s the advantage versus the former version ?

Regards
Jürgen

Since someone asked for it.

To be clear, it's not to improve sound quality, only to allow greater technical freedom to modify programs and features on the device, correct?

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #137 of 298

To be clear, it's not to improve sound quality, only to allow greater technical freedom to modify programs and features on the device, correct?

Since X5iii uses ART runtime, deodexing maybe faster but I haven't notice any improvements yet. Maybe I already made it smoother enough. But it may improve possibility to replace launcher for someone?

Apr 14, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #139 of 298
Just wondering, what would be the leanest launcher? Launcher3 isn't great we all know, but would that be chosen by Fiio due to its size?

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Optimized launcher3? It's smoother with optimizations.

Apr 19, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #140 of 298
Is the sound of 1.1.1 kernel noticeable better (like 1.0.9) in comparison to 1.1.4?

Apr 19, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #141 of 298
  Is the sound of 1.1.1 kernel noticeable better (like 1.0.9) in comparison to 1.1.4?

It's better to my ears and I heard some reverted from 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 back to 1.1.1 for sound quality.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Apr 22, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #143 of 298
  To my ears in the past few days, yes.  However, it is not as good as 1.0.9, pity.

Me too. That's why I still keep 1.0.9 firmware on advanced purist ROM. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Apr 22, 2017 at 1:36 AM Post #144 of 298
Oh yes, @WindowsX , is there any chance you can check on FiiO X5-3 and USB 3.0 compatibility thingy? Seems that USB 3.0 doesn't work as well for some people, does it work alright for you? Can you make something for it, or if it doesn't work, it is caused by the motherboard of the computer it is plugged in?

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #145 of 298
  Oh yes, @WindowsX , is there any chance you can check on FiiO X5-3 and USB 3.0 compatibility thingy? Seems that USB 3.0 doesn't work as well for some people, does it work alright for you? Can you make something for it, or if it doesn't work, it is caused by the motherboard of the computer it is plugged in?

It depends on USB3 chipset I think. I have one machine using both Etron USB3 and Renesas chipsets. Etron works fine but Renesas failed to work with Fiio X5iii even with firmware and driver update.

Apr 22, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #147 of 298

It depends on USB3 chipset I think. I have one machine using both Etron USB3 and Renesas chipsets. Etron works fine but Renesas failed to work with Fiio X5iii even with firmware and driver update.

Interesting! 

Thank you for confirmation! 

Is it solvable by changing the X5-3 code, or it cannot be solved at all? 

Apr 22, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #148 of 298

Interesting! 

Thank you for confirmation! 

Is it solvable by changing the X5-3 code, or it cannot be solved at all? 

Seems to be hardware and driver problem. Maybe updating kernel can fix it but that can't be done without source code.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #149 of 298
Tried implementing root support today. It boots up slower. It seems to affect apps performance too with root access on app level. So I won't include root in my purist ROM. You can install twrp recovery and flash supersu package yourself after Purist ROM for root support if you want.

As for Advanced Purist users, I already implemented low level root support for my optimizations to work. It works great and won't affect system performance at all. I'm tailoring up the ROM a bit more right now. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back