Fiio X5iii Custom Kernel and Scripts | 2016MHz CPU | 20% RAM increase | Undervolting | New DAC drivers | and much more
May 16, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #31 of 575
I had removed a handful of applications (known to me to be safe to delete) with titanium backup. I also used the script to disable applications when it was made available. In the new installer I see there are different tiers of removal. Is there any point in using a higher or more aggressive tier if I've already used that first script?

May 16, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #32 of 575
Yes. In general, it's best practise to remove more/unnecessary apps, especially when you have titanium to hand (use the automatic/scheduled backup function, it's quite useful). If you wish to restore some additional system apps, you can just restore using either method.

May 16, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #33 of 575
'None' - Do not disable system applications
'Soft' - Only screensavers and system garbage
'Moderate' - Leave Google and E-Mail applications
'Average' - Leave only Google Applications
'Complete' - Most system applications will be disabled

These are the options in the installer.

My question, more directly, was.. If I ran that script before these options were available, have I already done the 'Average' setting essentially?

May 16, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #34 of 575
In all likelihood, yes. That said, run a titanium backup (noting the number of existing system apps) and then run the 'Average' setting again to see if anything changes.

May 16, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #35 of 575
Yup yup, going by # of apps in TB looks like 'Average' covered all the same bases as the script had. Not the most pressing mystery but good to know in any case!

May 20, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #39 of 575
On the 4PDA is a downloadable soundfx package from FiiO M11, quite praised overall. Some users recommend discarding libreverbwrapper.so, are not happy with the reverb, and I find it quite intense. Now it's good for the flu, but I can't judge it because of the clogged cavities in the skull. Unzip the package to /system/lib/ reboot and test
Bitperfect lovers and DSP off will not need it, but the test is safe and interesting
link + key
https://mega.nz/#!Y41lBSwS!7viGlJZ87w-VgyKKXpTzuqk3lQDiYSyihz7aJVQamsg

The difference must be heard immediately, I had the soundfx turned off, and I listened only before and after restarting via Bluetooth AptX.
Who is interested and courage also have the soundfx of IBasso DX220 from the same source.

Last edited:
May 27, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #41 of 575
Last edited:
May 27, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #42 of 575
Last edited:
May 28, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #44 of 575
Mega.jpg I did download the separate packages as well as the entire directory, unpacked, and everything right. Don't have too hyperactive MS Defender or other crap?
I also use only 7zip

Last edited:
May 28, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #45 of 575
Trying to determine if the following is due to the higher performance of the unit which I have enjoyed recently. I set the Fiio to charge, came back a few hours later and it was dead. After several attempts to charge and start I popped open the back and disconnected the battery to see if I was capable of replacing it on my own. Decided I wasn't and reconnected it, of course the blue light came on and it works just fine.

So should I go to the lower performance setting? Do you think it might be related or is it a player issue. Finally got it set up in my car with bluetooth and a dsp for my amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back