FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123
Mar 23, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #1,696 of 1,895
I have suggested to the devs that they could perhaps store the media library files on the SD cards instead of internal memory to bypass the limit, but I don't know if this is really possible.

The cards are split--as someone noted before, if there were an identically named folder on the two cards at the same path this could lead to bad things if we tried to make the two cards appear as one drive.

The advantage to folder browsing is you can order the files in your own choice of folder structure and potentially be able to browse through your songs more efficiently than the default artist / album / genre categorization. Or your songs may not be tagged properly in the first place but organized by folders, in which case folder browsing may be the only way to go.

If the converse (properly tagged files in jumbled folder order) is your situation, you could use something like mp3tag to put your files into folders automatically according to their tags.

Jo

If there is a problem based on internal memory capacity with the number of songs, you are really going to hit a wall very quickly if you have someone load up two 128Gb cards together with an external USB card.

Also are you sure that the FW code can not be written to allow recognition of identical named folders on two separate cards let alone if you also add songs in an identical folder on OTG USB media.  The FW ode may for example add a character, either hidden on visible, to the next identical named folder.  Folder browsing will be far easier if all music on 2 x cards plus possibly 1 x OTG USB medium can be browsed seamlessly as if one drive.  You otherwise are forced up to the root level of the card or USB media.

Mar 23, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #1,697 of 1,895
I've heard from James that there are people still wanting to be on the X5 tour. Could those of you who want in on the tour now put your hands up in this thread and we'll see if there's an X5 still around your part of the world?

*raises hand* 
biggrin.gif

East Coast US here!

Mar 23, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #1,698 of 1,895
I've heard from James that there are people still wanting to be on the X5 tour. Could those of you who want in on the tour now put your hands up in this thread and we'll see if there's an X5 still around your part of the world?

Interested if there's still one in the US but am a newbie at reviews.

Mar 23, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #1,699 of 1,895

East Coast of the U.S. I would love to add the X5 to my ZX1 vs. Everything comparo. 

Mar 23, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #1,700 of 1,895

Yes, I'd like to review this and hear how it compares to the JH Audio 16 Pro w/ A3 amp.  Also get some of my questions about the EQ answered in the process . . . thanks. . .

Mar 23, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #1,702 of 1,895
I would be interested, want to compare it to my AK100 modified ( a take on the RWAK100 mod), and Ibasso R10. 

East coast, US as well. 

Mar 23, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #1,704 of 1,895

Joe - Please include me in the tour.  I'm in the northeastern US. I can compare to DX50 (Rockboxed), X3, Fuse, and Clip+. 

Thanks! 

Mar 23, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #1,705 of 1,895
Newest beta firmware for the X5 is out
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mblm44ux8v2acy7/X5%20FW1.17.zip

I'm not totally up to date on what all these new versions do :xf_eek: I'm guessing this is a stabilized version of the experimental firmware with DSD decoding and 32bit mp3 decoding posted a few days ago?

Just want to ask. If the dsd playback on x5 is good? Bcos someone told that the dsd on x5 is always converted to PCM. Meaning not native. . So there might be a sound quality difference. Compared to a dap that has native dsd playback.. Am i right?

Mar 23, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #1,706 of 1,895
Joe BloggsJust want to ask. If the dsd playback on x5 is good? Bcos someone told that the dsd on x5 is always converted to PCM. Meaning not native. . So there might be a sound quality difference. Compared to a dap that has native dsd playback.. Am i right?

Mar 23, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #1,707 of 1,895
I've heard from James that there are people still wanting to be on the X5 tour. Could those of you who want in on the tour now put your hands up in this thread (and let me know your rough location!) and we'll see if there's an X5 still around your part of the world?

Yes! Absolutely. I live in India and we have a fledgeling but fast growing Hi-end audio community here. Some of the members include the CEO of Cadence audio,(http://cadenceaudio.com/) manufacturer of India's first range of electrostatic loudspeakers which have been favourably reviewed in Stereophile magazine as well as the CEO of oceanic sound and vision, a large retailer and importer of Hi-end audio equipment.I'm only stating this to emphasise that there is a huge interest in Audio in India. 
I for one am into music for the sheer pleasure of listening. Since the advent of HDtracks I've managed to move over most of my music collection onto Hi-Res.
So Yes Yes, Puhleeese!!
L3000.gif

Mar 24, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #1,709 of 1,895
Ok, interest in continuing the preview is great :L3000: let's put some order back into the application like before :)

Here's all the information I need:
-Your rough location in the world (e.g. city, state, country)
-List of main headphone-related equipment you own
-List of FiiO products you own or have owned, if any
-List of audio equipment reviews you have written in the past, if any

I would appreciate it if those of you who have applied above could post again with these details :xf_eek:

Here are the regions where a preview X5 is still available:
-USA
-Canada
-Europe
-Australia

The unit in Russia is unfortunately still a long way from the end of its slow tour and the units in Asia have got stuck in a customs landmine thanks to some poor choices of courier on our part :frowning2:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 24, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #1,710 of 1,895

1. location: EU (Czech)

2. Sansa Fuze (with Rockbox!! :) ), Vsonic GR07be, Audio GD 15.32, HifiMan HE300
3. so far FiiO virgin
4. so far I havent written any audio review and I am not sure if I could put together something useful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back