FiiO X5 firmware 2.50 download and discussion
Apr 10, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #32 of 313
How?  I can't find text color options anywhere in the settings.

Sorry, it's in the filesystem. Me and him theme the X5's firmware.

Also holy smokes! 1500 posts!

Apr 10, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #34 of 313
Yes, you need to unpack the FW and adjust the config.ini file for customized themes. I should have been clearer.

Apr 10, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #35 of 313
Congrats! CH23.  Maybe eventually, 15,000?

As long as i have stuff to add and experience to share i'll be around :)

Apr 10, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #37 of 313
I'm using a modded version of 2.5 and seem to have lost gapless playback on live material.  Has anyone else noticed/experience this?  This occurs on FLACs in both 44.1/16 and 48/24 (that's what I've tried so far).

Apr 10, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #38 of 313
At first I thought I noticed a difference in SQ between 2.4 and 2.5. However, I decided to check it. After selecting a few detailed songs, I started listening to them trying to catch the most important parts, details. Downgraded to 2.4 and it sounded the same. I swapped the firmware 3-4 times, and really it's exactly the same. Maybe the sound things are written somewhere so that we cannot revert an update? Only the most basic elements of the firmware can be downgraded?

So maybe BEFORE updating, try to find out as much about the SQ. Then immediately update, try to spot the differences and share with us.

Apr 10, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #39 of 313
  I'm using a modded version of 2.5 and seem to have lost gapless playback on live material.  Has anyone else noticed/experience this?  This occurs on FLACs in both 44.1/16 and 48/24 (that's what I've tried so far).

Jeff - go into Play > Settings and make sure gapless is actually turned on. When you flash the firmware, its turned off by default.

I just tested FLAC 16/44.1 with one live album, and one studio album (PF's "The Wall").  You definitely notice on the Floyd album if gapless isn't working - and with the 2.5 on my X5 it's working flawlessly.

Apr 10, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #40 of 313

Jeff - go into Play > Settings and make sure gapless is actually turned on. When you flash the firmware, its turned off by default.

I just tested FLAC 16/44.1 with one live album, and one studio album (PF's "The Wall").  You definitely notice on the Floyd album if gapless isn't working - and with the 2.5 on my X5 it's working flawlessly.

Thank you sir!  That seemed to do the trick!  I'm glad that it was (politely) "user error" and not the firmware!

Apr 10, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #41 of 313

Thanks Joe
I loaded 2.5 on the X5.  Uninstalled both DAC drivers (X3ii and X5), rebooted, installed unified driver (using X3ii when asked to plug a device), rebooted.
X3ii is recognised - no issues
X5 is not.
At this stage, the driver doesn't seem to sport both devices - Win 7, 64bit.

Update - solved.  When I first installed the driver, I did it with the X3ii plugged - and it works flawlessly.  So I kept the driver installed but went through the install routine again - this time with X5 plugged.  Install was really rapid - so obviously didn't reinstall the driver, but must have carried across some new settings.  Anyway - now both are recognised when I plug them.  Single unified driver working nicely.

Thanks Joe :)

Apr 10, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #43 of 313
but the gapless function doesn't work with mp3 and m4a files. Maybe in all firmware versions.

Gapless works great on all FW versions for me with .m4a. AAC and ALAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back