FiiO X5 firmware 2.50 download and discussion
Jun 25, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #302 of 313
  Using FW 2.5 and still when I connect to USB in computer, nothing is recognized.  Any help would be appreciated.  I am tired of removing sd cards to make music changes.
Thanks.

Sorry I never replied to this thread. Email FIIO support and they will send you a firmware that fixes this problem. I haven't had any issues since installing it. 

Mar 10, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #303 of 313
So I received my fiio x5 this week.  Put the extracted fw file in the sc micro card, but the player does not recognize it.  Any help?

EDIT:  so I read trouble shooting and says if not recognized you need to get a 32gb or smaller so I will try that. Any other advice would be appreciated.

Mar 10, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #304 of 313
  So I received my fiio x5 this week.  Put the extracted fw file in the sc micro card, but the player does not recognize it.  Any help?

EDIT:  so I read trouble shooting and says if not recognized you need to get a 32gb or smaller so I will try that. Any other advice would be appreciated.

Don't try to extract it - just put the fw file as is - in the root directory.

Switch off.  Swith on again holding upper left button and power button.  it will recognise the fw file and update. 

Mar 10, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #306 of 313
Oh ok, so keep it unzipped...?

Tried it unzipped as well.  NO DICE!

You need to copy the << x5.fw >> file to the root of the card that's formatted as FAT32. If your card isn't formatted as FAT32 it won't work. You also need to use card slot #1. And finally, which model version of X5 do you have and are trying to update, X5, X5-2, X5-3? Just to be 100% clear on what may be the issue.

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #308 of 313
The problem is you are trying to install firmware for the first gen X5 to an X5ii if using the firmware from this thread. The last fw for the X5ii is fw2.1. The file name should be << X5II.fw >>

Yes, that's the root of the card, ie., not in any folders within the card.

Download the proper fw from this post:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/765943/fiio-x5-2nd-gen-impressions-and-discussion-thread/6360#post_13269085

Or check out the custom theme fw for the X5ii from this thread here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/771221/fiio-x5-ii-custom-themes-thread/285

Mar 11, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #309 of 313
Thanks I did not realie this was for the 1st generation ONLY.

Edit, downloaded X5ii-FW@.1  Put in the root of the sd card, still won't update.  Might still have to get a 32gb sd card after all..  Any further suggestions? Thanks.

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #310 of 313
  Thanks I did not realie this was for the 1st generation ONLY.

Edit, downloaded X5ii-FW@.1  Put in the root of the sd card, still won't update.  Might still have to get a 32gb sd card after all..  Any further suggestions? Thanks.

Is the card formatted as FAT32? I've used 200gb cards, in slot #1, full of music, and it works every time. Also, is the unit off when you hold the upper left button next to the wheel on the face of the device and the power button at the same time?

Ah hell, here's a video I did a year ago:

/img/vimeo_logo.png 

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #311 of 313
 i
Thank you--yes it is formatted to FAT 32. I will cehck out the vid tomorrow. Going to bed for now. Thanks again for all the help. Really appreciate people who take their time to help like this.

Mar 11, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #312 of 313
Even the slow force finishes the race. I had asked whether the file need to be extracted into the root of the sccard and was undre the impression it should be not be.  The video shows it needs to be extracted.
Now I just have to learn how to use musicbrainz picard to clean up title formats and install missing artwork.

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #313 of 313
Sorry - I should have been clearer. The only file you need is the actual *.fw file. If that arrives in a zip - then you need to extract it. Some have been released solely as the fw file (and no extraction required)

I wanted to make sure you weren't expanding/extracting the actual few file itself (which is possible with the right tools)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back