FiiO X5 firmware 2.50 download and discussion
Sep 3, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #271 of 313
*** They're better not stop supporting the Fiio X5, it cost me an arm and it's only like 1 year old!

I am still waiting for a damn firmware that will let me scroll by letters so I can move around quickly just like very old and crappy MP3 player used to let you do many years ago, while this expensive unit can't even do it yet... any plans for this or they want us to buy the new one when it could simply be done through a small update?! 
mad.gif

Sep 24, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #272 of 313
Hey I am new to the forum and a complete newbie. Just got an X5 classic.Using it with ATH-IM02 iems. Wondering if I need to download all the firmware updates or just the most recent 2.50? It appears to me like all the updates need to be downloaded but wanted to ask before I proceed. Thanks for the help and for having me on the forum :)

Sep 24, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #273 of 313
Hey I am new to the forum and a complete newbie. Just got an X5 classic.Using it with ATH-IM02 iems. Wondering if I need to download all the firmware updates or just the most recent 2.50? It appears to me like all the updates need to be downloaded but wanted to ask before I proceed. Thanks for the help and for having me on the forum :)

Welcome to Head Fi, sorry about your wallet! :)

You only need to load the latest firmware, no need to load the earlier ones. You may want to post in the regular X5 thread as it's much more active.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/newestpost/661411

Also, be sure to check out the custom themes thread. You can load any custom FW that catches your fancy and if you want to go back to any default firmware just load it up. The X5 doesn't care how many times you change firmware just as long as you are loading an unzipped x5.fw file.

Check them out here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/717947/fiio-x5-custom-modded-firmwares

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #275 of 313
Hello everyone,
At the risk of labeling myself as a noob, I need to ask for help updating the firmware of my new Fiio X5ii. I downloaded the newest driver but I do not know how to update the firmware on the player.
I formatted a micro sd card (scandisk 64 gig) and put the X5.FW file on the card. Followed the directions to get the Fiio to update but I get a message that no update file can be found when the Fiio boots up.
I'm sure I am just ignorant of a simple but crucial point to the update process but I do not know what it is.
If someone could help I would be Greatly appreciative.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help on how to update the firmware.
HE7

Oct 8, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #276 of 313
Hello everyone,
At the risk of labeling myself as a noob, I need to ask for help updating the firmware of my new Fiio X5ii. I downloaded the newest driver but I do not know how to update the firmware on the player.
I formatted a micro sd card (scandisk 64 gig) and put the X5.FW file on the card. Followed the directions to get the Fiio to update but I get a message that no update file can be found when the Fiio boots up.
I'm sure I am just ignorant of a simple but crucial point to the update process but I do not know what it is.
HE7

Are you sure you downloaded the X5II firmware and not the 1st generation X5 firmware?

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #277 of 313
Are you sure you downloaded the X5II firmware and not the 1st generation X5 firmware?

Well, he's asking in a X5 first gen FW thread so I hope it's for the first gen.

Hello everyone,
HE7

The most common issue is you haven't unzipped the FW file to load the X5.fw file contained within. You download the zipped file and need to unzip it first.

The second most common issue is the file is not named explicitly x5.fw on the card.

Third, make sure you're using mSD slot #1, the one left of the micro USB port.

Fourth you are trying to load X5 gen 1 firmware on the second generation device. The latest firmware for the X5ii is fw 1.1 (the file should be named x5ii.fw)

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #278 of 313
If anyone is looking for firmware for the X5ii NOT THE FIRST GENERATION FIRMWARE then please go to this link for firmware 1.1

http://www.head-fi.org/t/776861/official-x5-2nd-gen-stable-firmware-thread-fw1-1-significant-stability-reliability-upgrades

Oct 8, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #279 of 313
Well, he's asking in a X5 first gen FW thread so I hope it's for the first gen.
The most common issue is you haven't unzipped the FW file to load the X5.fw file contained within. You download the zipped file and need to unzip it first.

The second most common issue is the file is not named explicitly x5.fw on the card.

Third, make sure you're using mSD slot #1, the one left of the micro USB port.

Fourth you are trying to load X5 gen 1 firmware on the second generation device. The latest firmware for the X5ii is fw 1.1 (the file should be named x5ii.fw)

Thanks so much for your post.
The file had not unzipped. I had to update my very ancient computer to get it to unzip.
I should have done this on my laptop which is only a year old.
Everything worked fine with the Fiio.
Thanks again for the help!

Oct 13, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #280 of 313
I got fed up with Fiio not updating the X5's firmware (and the library) so I've written a command line app that will copy my music in the way I would like the library to be.

It's here https://github.com/sam-truscott/MusicToSDCard

It's open source so you can do as you wish with it. It will create folders A-C, D-F... etc and use Album Artist (if it's there, just Artist if it isn't) and then Album (if it's there).

It's very simple at the moment and I'll add a GUI once I get some spare time and maybe let people customise the folder structure etc.

It's written in Java so it'll run on Windows, Mac and Linux.

If you're a bit techy you can use it now, if you're less techy it may be better to wait for the GUI version!

Oct 13, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #281 of 313
Cool. You mind posting this on the main X5 thread when you get the GUI version as I'm sure many users would welcome it.

Oct 14, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #283 of 313
Damn, I was like "Wow! Finaly a good software to do what I do manualy, without wasting houres" but there's no GUI so it is totaly meaningless to me right now (-_-)

Give some news when you'll have a GUI version online, thanks! :)

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #284 of 313
That is the GUI version :)

It's Java based so still a bit techy as you have to build it and run it.

Hopefully tonight I can post a single file you can just download and run.

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #285 of 313
Updated here.

I hold no responsibility for loss of data etc - point it at an empty SD card and it'll copy all the music across.

I suggest using an empty card first so that you don't alter any existing data.

To use, assuming you have Java installed, just double click on the jar file.

The first window is a log and the second is a preview of the folder hierarchy that's been created on the SD card.

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back