FiiO X5 firmware 2.50 download and discussion
May 7, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #181 of 313
Can you possibly upload the file - so those of us with X5's can test it on our devices?

May 7, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #183 of 313
OK - thanks.  I've extensively tested myself comparing hi-res vs 16/44.1, and can't tell the difference.  So for space and ease of use, my whole collection is 16/44.1 on the X5.  Probably explains why I never have these issues. 

May 8, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #184 of 313
  OK - thanks.  I've extensively tested myself comparing hi-res vs 16/44.1, and can't tell the difference.  So for space and ease of use, my whole collection is 16/44.1 on the X5.  Probably explains why I never have these issues. 

I can also advice you to do this. Even if there were differences, x5 is a portable device, taking high resolution with you on the go is... kind of a waste...

considering that those micro details that are better will usually be taken over by the noise from the outside world, your steps, ETC.

May 8, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #185 of 313
I found a bug in the category browser with the 2.5 firmware.  When browsing by Artist, if the album you pick is at the very bottom of the screen you will get all songs by that artist instead of just the album.  The way you work around it is to scroll downward past the album so that it's positioned somewhere above the bottom of the screen and then scroll back up to select it.  I believe that this issue may have been present in earlier firmwares as well.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for the "Album Artist" option.....

May 8, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #186 of 313
  I found a bug in the category browser with the 2.5 firmware.  When browsing by Artist, if the album you pick is at the very bottom of the screen you will get all songs by that artist instead of just the album.  The way you work around it is to scroll downward past the album so that it's positioned somewhere above the bottom of the screen and then scroll back up to select it.  I believe that this issue may have been present in earlier firmwares as well.

I had tried to see if the artist bug also happens to me, it does not, one reason or another. How many albums do you have at most per a single artist?

May 8, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #187 of 313
I can also advice you to do this. Even if there were differences, x5 is a portable device, taking high resolution with you on the go is... kind of a waste...

considering that those micro details that are better will usually be taken over by the noise from the outside world, your steps, ETC.

As an hq audio player it can just be used at home ... so thanks for the workaround but that doesnt solve the issue... Especially when it was working flawlessly with firmware before 2.4.. Gonna try reformat SD tonight... Did someone raise ticket to fiio?

May 8, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #188 of 313
As an hq audio player it can just be used at home ... so thanks for the workaround but that doesnt solve the issue... Especially when it was working flawlessly with firmware before 2.4.. Gonna try reformat SD tonight... Did someone raise ticket to fiio?

Oh, now i get it...

Hm... maybe you can do something by reinstalling the firmware a few times, or using the reset hole?, or a combination of the two?

try a custom UI? even more the ones that do not contain all languace packs?

May 8, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #190 of 313

It's if I have 8 or more albums by an artist.  When I scroll down and select whatever happens to be #7 on my list, I get all songs by that artist instead of just the songs on that album.

I was unable to repeat the thing. 

I am using my custom UI, and this does not happen to my x5,

maybe it is unit dependent?

I have very few artists with so many albums, like haggard or thousand foot krutsch, there was supposed to be a button for all songs, i think that i understand that the all songs overlaps with the last album from the list, but i think that it does not happen with all themes, and all x5s...

May 8, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #191 of 313
I've never had stuttering files and a few of them are deliberately 192.  I happen to use ALAC files exclusifly.  Nick67, what if you tried converting the Chesky file to ALAC and try it?  I have the same album in 192 ALAC and it plays fine.  I aggree it should handle the files it's supposed to, but I thought it might eliminate one possible choice.
And there's the 'Modern Simplisity' theme that I found, makes my unit run with less weight on it if you know what I mean.

May 8, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #192 of 313

Not a bug, a feature that was added to FW2.02b. The label clearly says ALL SONGS. So if you select it you do indeed get all songs by the artist.

Edit: Yes, I see now what you mean. The album at the bottom of the list does not play as the album shown and reverts to the ALL SONGS sub category. This is only when the artist list goes beyond the 7 albums listed on the page. Indeed a bug that appeared in earlier FW and hasn't been corrected. Another reason I just browse by folders.

May 8, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #193 of 313

I've done that on my X3 II (my player for on the go). The X5 is my home source, though, and as such stays untouched.
wink.gif

May 8, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #194 of 313
I also use the X5 mostly at home. Great source to my different listening setups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back