FiiO X5 firmware 2.4 download and discussion
Feb 4, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #121 of 209
Since nobody is talking about this update on the regular thread, I thought I would ask here:

I am still on FW v2.0 which works/sounds great and is very stable so I have had no reason to update. Is there any SQ specific improvements with v2.4 that would warrant an update? Why is nobody talking about the new FW SQ?

Feb 5, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #124 of 209
  Since nobody is talking about this update on the regular thread, I thought I would ask here:

I am still on FW v2.0 which works/sounds great and is very stable so I have had no reason to update. Is there any SQ specific improvements with v2.4 that would warrant an update? Why is nobody talking about the new FW SQ?

there is no difference in SQ

Feb 7, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #125 of 209

I think talking about sound is not appreciated here. Therefore I do that no more. But the FW2.4 I would test in your place times. I think you will not regret it.

Feb 7, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #126 of 209
I think talking about sound is not appreciated here. Therefore I do that no more. But the FW2.4 I would test in your place times. I think you will not regret it.

I don't think it is a case of talking about sound not being appreciated, but people keep asking about the changes in sound quality with each update, in spite of Joe repeating on numerous occasions that there is no change in sound quality between the various updates.

Feb 7, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #127 of 209
  I don't think it is a case of talking about sound not being appreciated, but people keep asking about the changes in sound quality with each update, in spite of Joe repeating on numerous occasions that there is no change in sound quality between the various updates.

... and here are our opinions different. But everybody should decide about that and so I only gave the tipp to test the new firmware. I like it very much and I think it is the best of all.

Feb 7, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #128 of 209
  ... and here are our opinions different. But everybody should decide about that and so I only gave the tipp to test the new firmware. I like it very much and I think it is the best of all.

I quite agree with you, the new software is good.  I haven't noticed any difference in sound quality with any of the updates, although some people think they have noticed differences.
One of the very experiences posters sent out different test files a couple of months ago, to see if anyone could tell the difference and his opinion was that there was no difference that
could be heard between them.   I didn't listen to them all, so I can't really give an opinion.

Feb 7, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #129 of 209
if there is a thing i would love to see that would be faster or easier browsing. i have no ideea how it could become better, but it is kind of slow or something, i deleted most songs i don't listen because it took too much getting to what i really listen to.

Feb 7, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #130 of 209
if there is a thing i would love to see that would be faster or easier browsing. i have no ideea how it could become better, but it is kind of slow or something, i deleted most songs i don't listen because it took too much getting to what i really listen to.

I have some idea how to implement searching. If They make interface with few squares each square can contain 4 letters in each corner, last squares will contain digits. First square contain letters A, B, C and D. Second E, F, G, and H .....
Wheel can be used to move beetwen squares and four X buttons can be used to choose letters
So for example if you want to find ABBA in database all you have to do is to go to first square and press:
Left upper button = A
Right upper buton x2 = BB
and again Left upper button = A
That way we get string ABBA
there is 26 letters and 10 digits so 9 squares is needed (4 symbols in each square). You can easily move between each square with wheel and choose symbol you need using 4 buttons
1 square:
A B
C D
2 square:
E F
G H
3 square:
I J
K L
4 square:
M N
O P
5 square:
Q R
S T
6 square:
U V
W X
7 square:
Y Z
1 2
8 square:
3 4
5 6
9 square:
7 8
9 0
.... and maybe 10 square with space, backspace, exit

So again if you want to find QUEEN:
Go to 5 sq. and press LU (left upper) button - Q
then to 6 sq. press LU button - U
then to 2 sq. and press LU twice - EE
and to 4 sq. and press RU (right upper) - N.
Then press middle button to accept.
Maybe it is not good idea (... and is better to wait for X7) but searching can be done this way and it can be quite easy

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #131 of 209

2.  The song list in «Music» view is very long, and it takes patience to scroll through it. It would be cool if there was an option to jump through the alphabet (from A to B to C...) or alternatively to activate a 2nd (and maybe 3rd) gear. I know that I can have faster access via folder or category view, but most of the time I listen to music in shuffle mode and don't want to leave that. Possible?

3.  A useful feature would be a slowly fading out sleep timer. This would avoid the risk of waking up by the sudden silence.

I agree that it is totaly useless to have a sleep timer if it doesn't fade and it ony cut the sound suddenly from 100% to 0% lol.

mcr1, Your idea seems to really be overly complicated. The best would only be to be able to hold the center button then you see a menu with A to Z then use the wheel to get to the letter you want, press center again to confirm the letter, then you continu using the wheel. Also an option in the settings to adjust the sensitivity of the wheel.

Feb 11, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #132 of 209

mcr1, Your idea seems to really be overly complicated. The best would only be to be able to hold the center button then you see a menu with A to Z then use the wheel to get to the letter you want, press center again to confirm the letter, then you continu using the wheel. Also an option in the settings to adjust the sensitivity of the wheel.

This sounds like a nice solution. Not too hard to implement I would say.

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #134 of 209
I've got an album that will not appear under the artists's name when doing an Artist search under Now Playing.  The album can be found when doing an Album search under Now Playing (and file search).  I've deleted the media database (I think) by removing the sd cards then "update media lib" then reinstalling the cards.  I have the feeling that the source of this problem is the Artist name (which is "Om") for the one album has, or had, an different capitalization ("OM") from the other albums.  The id3 tag correctly lists "Om" for all the albums, but when playing, the X5 still shows "OM" for that one album... This makes me think the media lib isn't properly updating.  The Artist alphabetical listing has "Om" only, no, "OM".  (Is this the same problem as the "songs not appearing in list" bug, is the source of that known?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back