FiiO X5 firmware 2.4 download and discussion
Jan 5, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #16 of 209
I found the limit to be more like 130 or 131 characters.   I spent most of the weekend implementing a strict /initial_letter/artist/codec/album/num_title.ext naming convention (thank you mp3tag!) to cut my playlist entries down to size.  Also had to get rid of any dodgy/foreign characters in filenames (thank you Perl script!).  Hopefully now everything should work fine!

Jan 5, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #17 of 209
And why not to extend that limit in a new firmware in order to not change every directory/naming convention who wants everyone?

Jan 5, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #18 of 209
Today I'm happy that I finally got round to tidying up my music folder!!   But it would be nice if it were fixed in a future firmware update - I shouldn't really have to rename the following just so it'll fit in a playlist: 

Music/G/Grandmaster Flash And The Furious Five/320/The Adventures of Grandmaster Flash On The Wheels Of Steel/01_The Adventures Of Grandmaster Flash On The Wheels Of Steel.mp3   

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #19 of 209
Oh goody. I like the going-back step-by-step feature!
Other than that, nothing for me in this update, although it's nice to see any updates at all. No line-out volume control unfortunately (nor was I expected it now) and I still haven't check whether the EQ sound quality issues have been fixed (see this post).

The continued work is much appreciated, anyhow.
Thanks.

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #20 of 209
haha, I saw 'fate zero' soundtrack on the 'how to make playlist'... epic.

Anyway, creating playlist via the method shown in OP is not working.  It says 'file not found'  What am I doing wrong?  All I did was drag and drop from sd card through x5, then save playlist into the x5 as the m3u8 as suggested.

edit:  Oh the instructions in OP to make a playlist is incomplete.  Still gotta add #EXTM3U at top line of playlist.  Can easily edit using notepad.

Jan 8, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #21 of 209
haha, I saw 'fate zero' soundtrack on the 'how to make playlist'... epic.

Anyway, creating playlist via the method shown in OP is not working.  It says 'file not found'  What am I doing wrong?  All I did was drag and drop from sd card through x5, then save playlist into the x5 as the m3u8 as suggested.

edit:  Oh the instructions in OP to make a playlist is incomplete.  Still gotta add #EXTM3U at top line of playlist.  Can easily edit using notepad.

Hello chengsta,

Adding the #EXTM3U line did the trick?

I swore I'd checked that it wasn't necessary anymore even with an earlier version of firmware :confused:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 8, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #23 of 209
Hello chengsta,

Adding the #EXTM3U line did the trick?

I swore I'd checked that it wasn't necessary anymore even with an earlier version of firmware
confused.gif

yes, my m3u8 files don't work, unless i add #EXTM3U to top.

Jan 10, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #25 of 209
I've tried to upgrade from 2.0 to 2.4, did it in the same way as from 1.0 to 2.0 and the update failed - i got "System error!" on the screen right now. Cannot turn my X5 off or anything. Pressing reset reboots the device at it gives me "System error" again. What can I do? How do I come back to the previous version?

Jan 10, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #26 of 209
I've tried to upgrade from 2.0 to 2.4, did it in the same way as from 1.0 to 2.0 and the update failed - i got "System error!" on the screen right now. Cannot turn my X5 off or anything. Pressing reset reboots the device at it gives me "System error" again. What can I do? How do I come back to the previous version?

Hello,

I had that happen to me once. Fixed it by pressing the reset button while holding the upper left button (aka the firmware update key).

:)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 10, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #27 of 209
I tried holding upper left button and then pressing reset button (on top of the device) - it reboots and gives me "System error!" again...
I can't even turn it off, it keeps working with this error message on the screen. It's not what I paid for, right? The card was formatted, everything was done as told in the manual. Are there some other tricks I can try?

Jan 10, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #28 of 209
  I tried holding upper left button and then pressing reset button (on top of the device) - it reboots and gives me "System error!" again...
I can't even turn it off, it keeps working with this error message on the screen. It's not what I paid for, right? The card was formatted, everything was done as told in the manual. Are there some other tricks I can try?

From the manual:
Q:Is it possible to brick the X5 while upgrading the firmware? What to do if
my X5 is bricked?
A:It should not be possible to brick the X5 in the normal course of upgrading its
firmware. If you somehow manage to brick it, please contact us via
support@fiio.net and we can instruct you on how to unbrick it.

That's probably the next best route. I for one would be interested in how they do it remotely .... just in case 
eek.gif

Jan 10, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #29 of 209
Ok, I had to hold the shortcus button, press reset and keep holding the shortcuts button until something happens. And it did. Updated my firmware correctly, everything is ok now. Thanks!

Jan 10, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #30 of 209
  Ok, I had to hold the shortcus button, press reset and keep holding the shortcuts button until something happens. And it did. Updated my firmware correctly, everything is ok now. Thanks!

Was that a reply from FiiO or did you work it out from some other source? Just interested because if it was from FiiO it appears they answer emails pretty damn quick compared with other support areas I have encountered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back