FiiO X5 firmware 2.4 download and discussion
Apr 3, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #196 of 209
Well I finally spent 3 hours sorting though 4000 songs and have created a new playlist in a folder as suggested. It was a royal pain and disappointing that I had to do this as there was never a problem prior to the 2.4 upgrade.

Adding new songs to the fav list is not as simple anymore and quite inconvenient but we are stuck with this until the firmware is fixed. I am wondering if a playlist would have the same problem as a fav list?

On the plus side there is no more freezing and everyone here has been so helpful. For that I am grateful.

Apr 3, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #197 of 209
  Well I finally spent 3 hours sorting though 4000 songs and have created a new playlist in a folder as suggested. It was a royal pain and disappointing that I had to do this as there was never a problem prior to the 2.4 upgrade.

Adding new songs to the fav list is not as simple anymore and quite inconvenient but we are stuck with this until the firmware is fixed. I am wondering if a playlist would have the same problem as a fav list?

On the plus side there is no more freezing and everyone here has been so helpful. For that I am grateful.

i can totally understand your pain..

playlists tend to be buggy too, or work very well, i would simply not build a very large one, you might get bugs with it, most probably when it is loaded into RAM memory.

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #199 of 209
Just one more confirmation to Michael-J post and 4th item:

"4. When I play folder with cue sheet something is wrong when FiiO X5 change to next track. The first second of each track stutters. I’ve tested it on every album and its very annoying. On FW2.2 everything is ok."

I was patient for some time, but finally moved to FW2.0 back from 2.4 (even tried 2.2 and 2.36 - no success, the same issue).
After some seconds on each song (occasionally, not on the same time) sounds stutters.

Hope some fixes should come soon as device is not providing the main task given.

Apr 6, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #200 of 209
Just FYI - 2.4 never does this on my device.

Apr 23, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #203 of 209

John, can you describe exactly what you did ?
I still have freezes and it is very painful. What do you mean by "sorting" the songs ?

I hope I can have a freeze free X5 too !

Apr 23, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #204 of 209
Jedi,

Sadly I had to sort through all my songs on the computer and drag them to a new folder I made called fav's. Now when I want to hear my fav's I go to the new fav folder I made and not the fav list on the X5. I no longer have any freezing. Essentially, I abandoned the built in favourite list on the X5 and replaced it with a whole new folder. 

What sucks is that when i want to add a few new songs to my fav folder I cant just mark it as a fav. I have to go back to my computer, add it the folder, then update the media on the X5. 

Hopefully, this will be fixed soon. 

Apr 23, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #205 of 209
  Jedi,

Sadly I had to sort through all my songs on the computer and drag them to a new folder I made called fav's. Now when I want to hear my fav's I go to the new fav folder I made and not the fav list on the X5. I no longer have any freezing. Essentially, I abandoned the built in favourite list on the X5 and replaced it with a whole new folder. 

What sucks is that when i want to add a few new songs to my fav folder I cant just mark it as a fav. I have to go back to my computer, add it the folder, then update the media on the X5. 

Hopefully, this will be fixed soon. 

Thanks for that fast response,
I use playlists not favs but I guess the problem is the same.

I'll try the folder approach. (no more sorting by albums 
confused_face.gif
)

Apr 23, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #208 of 209
  that was quick!

thanks skerry, updating now :)

I really hope that the new firmware can fix all the issues you were experiencing with this one.

I had found the new firmware even better as it had allowed font color changes.

You can also take a trip by the custom UI thread, some of them are very colorfull, mine is as elegant as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back