Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Dec 16, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #2,538 of 2,614
Just updated the first post to include @CH23 mod Simply Straight.

I also moved 2.5 firmwares to the second post (archive) at the end of the list.

Happy Holidays to all of you! 
beerchug.gif

Jan 3, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #2,539 of 2,614
  Harmony 3.4 update with volume display fixed.

Download

I've downloaded a few of your themes, right now I'm using your latest update of "Lunar".
Very nice work,
Thank you so much,
Chris J 

Jan 3, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #2,540 of 2,614
Hello!, regarding the firmware unpacking tool; are there any options for Linux out there?

Jan 3, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #2,541 of 2,614
  Hello!, regarding the firmware unpacking tool; are there any options for Linux out there?

I've used this before, but only for sys.bin descrambling. It appears to be capable of packing/unpacking, but I haven't tried it.

An alternate method would be to run a Virtualbox Windows instance with shared folders, and use the Windows tools in it.

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #2,542 of 2,614
Thanks a lot! I will try it out.

About the virtual box; I was sort of trying to avoid that option, I have very little RAM (2GB to be precise) on an old laptop but I guess I'll go that road if necesary.
     The good thing is I had a old spare HDD in which I just istalled Windows 10, But! I could'nt get it to unpack the Firmware, at first it stated that the system was missing the "msvcr100.dll" driver (Microsoft Visual C++) and once I found the driver at Microsoft's Download Center and installed it, when I click on  "unpack.bat" it brings up the command prompt which closes itself immediately and nothing seems to change about the FW.1 file. I would really apreciate any help. I have some experience on graphic designig (and so much free time ATM) and would love to share what I make with you all.
I forgot to mention that Windows 10 isn't even recognizing my Fiio (haha!) I'm working on that right now.

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #2,543 of 2,614
I re-installed the driver and it's working flawlessly now, Thanks!

Jan 27, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #2,544 of 2,614
Happy New Years everyone! I'm a bit of a ghost around here, but I figured I'd drop by to share my latest theming effort. Most credit goes to AsianInvasion for his themes, which this is a hybrid of. This is mostly based on "Harmony" using a few elements from "Prism" and "Solar" with some of my own original work as well. I call this AI-Hybrid, a fitting name considering it's origin. Hope you guys enjoy!

The background isn't 100% black, but rather a slight rounded gradient towards the upper left corner. It looks nicest with the X5's screen brightness at half or lower. This background is consistent across the entire theme, except the file browser and settings menus which retains the original light background from Harmony (my favourite part of that theme, to be honest). The launcher icons are coloured upon selection, along with some helpful 8-bit style text.

This theme is based on Firmware v2.6

Download Here

Jan 29, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #2,545 of 2,614
I hae been hoping and wanting for Hawaiibadboy to update his themes and I have been messaging him about one final update. But, sadly he has sold his X5 and he can´t help us out. He did say that if anyone wants and has knowledge on how to repack them for the 2.6 firmware anyone is welcome to do so.

So I´m on my knees asking for someone with know-how to please update Hawaiibadboys themes to the latest version. If I could wish for only theme it would be the High-Fidelity one... God I miss it...

Jan 29, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #2,546 of 2,614
  I hae been hoping and wanting for Hawaiibadboy to update his themes and I have been messaging him about one final update. But, sadly he has sold his X5 and he can´t help us out. He did say that if anyone wants and has knowledge on how to repack them for the 2.6 firmware anyone is welcome to do so.

So I´m on my knees asking for someone with know-how to please update Hawaiibadboys themes to the latest version. If I could wish for only theme it would be the High-Fidelity one... God I miss it...

If anyone helps I'll send em a small gift from Japan.
Since 2.6 is the final update it would be a one off chore. So a souvenir from Japan for anyone that helps.

Jan 29, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #2,547 of 2,614

To update a theme, unpack both the theme you want to update and any 2.6 firmware, copy the sys.bin from the 2.6 firmware into the older theme (replace the older one), and repack the theme.

Jan 30, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #2,549 of 2,614
[quote name="Hawaiibadboy"

Hi-Fidelity 2.6

Amo la musica 2.6

Hi-Vinyl 2.6

[rule][/quote]

Sorry to say that the themes are not working for me. I get them to install but something goes wrong and I see the default theme AND the new theme mixed together. It's like there is a layer of the default theme on top of the hi-fidelity one?!. Same issue with all three themes :frowning2:

Jan 30, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #2,550 of 2,614
Sorry to say that the themes are not working for me. I get them to install but something goes wrong and I see the default theme AND the new theme mixed together. It's like there is a layer of the default theme on top of the hi-fidelity one?!. Same issue with all three themes
frown.gif

I'm sorry for wasting your time bro. I could not check the themes. This thread was always like a minefield for me so I didn't expect anyone to help out. Woulda been nice but ...

I will delete my links so please delete the ones in your quote so nobody wastes time.

Sorry bro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back