Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
May 3, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #2,146 of 2,614
AsianInvasion, I like a lot of the elements of the Harmony 3 theme but I can't make heads or tails of the battery indicator. Also, and this may just be me, but I'm missing the feedback of the EQ information in the now playing screen. Also, it's near imposible to read the highlit text in the fast picking screen. If you darkened the bg for that screen it would help immensely. Just a couple observations.

May 4, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #2,148 of 2,614
  3rd revision of Harmony, now on firmware 2.5!

Features:
  1. Simple gray/cyan color scheme
  2. High contrast for ease of use
  3. Topbar is basically merged with the rest of the screen at all times
  4. Corners of the screen are rounded

Changes from Version 2:
  1. Completely redesigned
  2. Theme color is more blue than green
  3. Firmware version 2.5

Download:
  1. Mediafire (Click the download button. Use this one if possible, it allows me to count times downloaded.)
  2. Google Drive (Use if Mediafire isn't working. Click the download icon at the top to download.)
  3. Give it a try, you may enjoy it.

Release notes:
  1. Name of the mod/theme: Harmony 3.0
  2. Version of the firmware: 2.5
  3. Languages: All

The usual information:
  1. Feel free to use this theme as a base for other themes
  2. I will take all feedback into consideration
  3. All graphics are made by me or are modifications of the original images by Fiio

Some info for other themers:
  1. You can resize the shadow of the topbar to 400x328, and it will create an overlay which always exists above all images.
  2. Sometimes, removing required images causes the player to crash with sideways text with blue background. I.E. box0/box1.pngs

Nice work, So beautiful, thanks for sharing...

May 4, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #2,149 of 2,614
@AsianInvasion, I like a lot of the elements of the Harmony 3 theme but I can't make heads or tails of the battery indicator. Also, and this may just be me, but I'm missing the feedback of the EQ information in the now playing screen. Also, it's near imposible to read the highlit text in the fast picking screen. If you darkened the bg for that screen it would help immensely. Just a couple observations.

i think that the name of custom EQ used cannot be seen because the color for it is white by default?

I also thought about this.

Also, an ideea for all modders.

Has anyone tried so far to experiment to move the info bar off the screen and show more skin of the cover art?

Like, making the shadow smaller, moving the seek bar by creating a bigger .png with the seek bar drown at the top or bottom.

I am afraid of bircking. this is why i am not trying to do something like this.

May 4, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #2,150 of 2,614
i think that the name of custom EQ used cannot be seen because the color for it is white by default?

I also thought about this.

Also, an ideea for all modders.

Has anyone tried so far to experiment to move the info bar off the screen and show more skin of the cover art?

Like, making the shadow smaller, moving the seek bar by creating a bigger .png with the seek bar drown at the top or bottom.

I am afraid of bircking. this is why i am not trying to do something like this.

No. He removed the text in the top bar. I don't like that.

There is nothing but white when the top bar has nothing there. I tried it with transparency and only white showed up. The album art is justified to rest below the top bar so nothing we can do about it.

We also can not move the progress bar. It's placement is not editable. We also can not change the text placement so if the transparent box is smaller it would be very difficult to read the text over album art.

I use my device to listen, not watch, so the info is much more important than album art IMO.

May 4, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #2,151 of 2,614

@AsianInvasion, I like a lot of the elements of the Harmony 3 theme but I can't make heads or tails of the battery indicator. Also, and this may just be me, but I'm missing the feedback of the EQ information in the now playing screen. Also, it's near imposible to read the highlit text in the fast picking screen. If you darkened the bg for that screen it would help immensely. Just a couple observations.

I'll try to add the EQ info/text back in the topbar in the next release; I think I removed it back when text colors weren't editable.
As for the battery bar, I was experimenting with something not a regular icon, but I ended up preferring regular icons to the bar after a while of use, so I may switch back.

The fast picking screen is the thing I had most trouble on. The non-highlighted text is set to a very dark shade of gray for better legibility on the light list screen, so even when the background is set to pitch black, the text is barely legible on the fastpick screen. I thought it was better to have one song nearly invisible than all but one song invisible, so I went with a lighter fastpick background. I'll either make the text color lighter at the cost of less contrast on lists, or set the fastpick background color to something not gray, perhaps blue.

May 4, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #2,152 of 2,614
No. He removed the text in the top bar. I don't like that.

There is nothing but white when the top bar has nothing there. I tried it with transparency and only white showed up. The album art is justified to rest below the top bar so nothing we can do about it.

We also can not move the progress bar. It's placement is not editable. We also can not change the text placement so if the transparent box is smaller it would be very difficult to read the text over album art.

I use my device to listen, not watch, so the info is much more important than album art IMO.

You are totally right. i had not asked for anything else, but for slight modifications of looks. Totally erasing that text would be much more detrimential than leaving if there. a nice thing would had been (editable only by FIIO) to show the text for a period of time, then only for albums with not cover art leave the text there at all times.

I'll try to add the EQ info/text back in the topbar in the next release; I think I removed it back when text colors weren't editable.
As for the battery bar, I was experimenting with something not a regular icon, but I ended up preferring regular icons to the bar after a while of use, so I may switch back.

The fast picking screen is the thing I had most trouble on. The non-highlighted text is set to a very dark shade of gray for better legibility on the light list screen, so even when the background is set to pitch black, the text is barely legible on the fastpick screen. I thought it was better to have one song nearly invisible than all but one song invisible, so I went with a lighter fastpick background. I'll either make the text color lighter at the cost of less contrast on lists, or set the fastpick background color to something not gray, perhaps blue.

you can use a very faint shade. this should help keep the general elegance and eye candy feeling.

May 4, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #2,154 of 2,614

Oh, don't get me wrong it's very nice, and you have your reasons for what you like. I just thought I'd give some feedback.

May 4, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #2,155 of 2,614
  I'm currently throwing together a version with topbar text and all regular icons...

...and I may have figured out a way to move the progress bar.

this is nice!

I thoguht of creating a large shadow, over the most portion of the screen, then draw the sekkbar somewhere else. 

This would really give more options for seekbar styles.

May 4, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #2,156 of 2,614
I'm currently throwing together a version with topbar text and all regular icons...

...and I may have figured out a way to move the progress bar.

The best way in my opinion is to make a larger image with transparency that starts where the coordinates define but the actual opaque bar is at the bottom of the larger image. This would appear as though the bar was just lower. It would take some playing around but it's doable now that I think of it. Don't forget about the number images as well same approach would need to happen.

This is what I did for the progress bar in the X5 Classic theme to make it thicker and more iPod like, but no where near the extreme of placing it at the bottom as that would interfere with the readability of the album info displayed.

May 4, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #2,157 of 2,614
this is nice!

I thoguht of creating a large shadow, over the most portion of the screen, then draw the sekkbar somewhere else. 

This would really give more options for seekbar styles.

We are limited to where the progress bar is placed. The top of the image used must start where the coordinates define (which we can't change) so it can only exist within the current shaded area and that area is occupied with information about the song.

May 4, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #2,158 of 2,614
The best way in my opinion is to make a larger image with transparency that starts where the coordinates define but the actual opaque bar is at the bottom of the larger image. This would appear as though the bar was just lower. It would take some playing around but it's doable now that I think of it. Don't forget about the number images as well same approach would need to happen.

This is what I did for the progress bar in the X5 Classic theme to make it thicker and more iPod like, but no where near the extreme of placing it at the bottom as that would interfere with the readability of the album info displayed.

That's exactly what I had in mind: Resizing the progress bar image to be tall and only having the actual bar image at the very bottom.

I did succeed in moving the progress bar to the very bottom edge of the screen. The topbar text is a bit redundant on the launcher with the text already on the bottom, but it works fairly well on the now playing screen.

I also got the illegibility issue mostly fixed on the fastpick screen by putting a gradient over the background. It's still a bit hard to read when the current song is at the very top or very bottom, but in all other places it's legible.

EDIT: Some random gathered info:
The layering order on the playing screen is Album art, Shadow BG, Progress Bar, then Text. (The progress bar draws under text upon overlap.)

May 4, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #2,159 of 2,614
That's exactly what I had in mind: Resizing the progress bar image to be tall and only having the actual bar image at the very bottom.

I did succeed in moving the progress bar to the very bottom edge of the screen. The topbar text is a bit redundant on the launcher with the text already on the bottom, but it works fairly well on the now playing screen.

I also got the illegibility issue mostly fixed on the fastpick screen by putting a gradient over the background. It's still a bit hard to read when the current song is at the very top or very bottom, but in all other places it's legible.

EDIT: Some random gathered info:
The layering order on the playing screen is Album art, Shadow BG, Progress Bar, then Text. (The progress bar draws under text upon overlap.)

Good info!

It's funny how amazingly similar my latest theme X5 Classic and Harmony 3 are in using the grey colour pallet with blue undertones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back