Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Apr 24, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #2,086 of 2,614
Glad you like the way the battery indicator works, and glad it has the result I was looking for.

I'm not sure about the double click registers though. It could be that with all the gradation in the images (resulting in less compression) the .png files are larger than optimal and so the hardware may be struggling. Strange though as I haven't run in to any issues when testing the theme with my files including multiple 24/192 files. I always check for usability during the creation of a theme right up until I release it.

When loading an official FW quite a while ago I had some issues with the boot up images that was fixed doing a factory reset in the system settings. I know you have EQ settings you like but I suggest you mark down the settings and do the factory reset. If that doesn't help I'm sorry, I don't know what else to suggest.
Nothing to be sorry about. You've done an amazing job with this. If I am the only one seeing this, then it is likely local to my player. Reset it is. I will do that a bit later tonight and see how I go. Thanks as always.

Apr 24, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #2,087 of 2,614
  H_U_D_ is up!!!!

Two versions, one that covers up all album art (HUD_Primary) and one that leaves the album art as is (HUD_AlbumArt).

LINK

The reason for the no album art is I have no love lost if it isn't there and it really helps keep the spirit of the theme. The Album Art version is fine and works well so don't be afraid to use it if you love your album art.

FYI the icons do not rotate. The selector rotates to the fixed icons, and few of the bg elements rotate(slower) with the wheel for eye candy.

- Tip - hold the forward or back button to see the animation more clearly if you want.

Enjoy!!

Edit: This theme is quite large at around 45mb but I've tested it thoroughly and everything works fine. For the Primary version you may notice some lag if you play a song with album art. This is just the typical loading of the album art but because you don't see the art appear it feels slower than before but it really isn't.

Don't forget to catch the startup and shutdown animations. That's pretty much what started the whole theme.

https://app.box.com/s/z5lveiu5di38s6iacyv9ow41ywqp09fj

Apr 24, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #2,088 of 2,614

H_U_D_ is up!!!!

Two versions, one that covers up all album art (HUD_Primary) and one that leaves the album art as is (HUD_AlbumArt).

LINK

The reason for the no album art is I have no love lost if it isn't there and it really helps keep the spirit of the theme. The Album Art version is fine and works well so don't be afraid to use it if you love your album art.

FYI the icons do not rotate. The selector rotates to the fixed icons, and few of the bg elements rotate(slower) with the wheel for eye candy.

- Tip - hold the forward or back button to see the animation more clearly if you want.

Enjoy!!

Edit: This theme is quite large at around 45mb but I've tested it thoroughly and everything works fine. For the Primary version you may notice some lag if you play a song with album art. This is just the typical loading of the album art but because you don't see the art appear it feels slower than before but it really isn't.

Don't forget to catch the startup and shutdown animations. That's pretty much what started the whole theme.

What's new at this link?

Apr 24, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #2,089 of 2,614
Its like a meme right?
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-fwhUU071fec/VLVCf8hCzQI/AAAAAAAAADI/87tnJZa6tv4/s288/15%252520-%2525201.jpg
https://cdn.photofunia.com/effects/picture_at_the_gallery/icons/medium.jpg

Apr 24, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #2,090 of 2,614
  Its like a meme right?
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-fwhUU071fec/VLVCf8hCzQI/AAAAAAAAADI/87tnJZa6tv4/s288/15%252520-%2525201.jpg
https://cdn.photofunia.com/effects/picture_at_the_gallery/icons/medium.jpg

depends on the definition of a meme, yes, it kind of is. there are many many more memes in similar fasion/

Apr 25, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #2,093 of 2,614

V.2.0
Increased contrast of images and shades
Touched up eq (not final)

As always 2.1 (next) is last update of theme.

**OP does not need to link to this as it is intermediate stage**

Hawaiibadboy, GREAT integration on your 'promo' pics! Well done!!

But I can play too.............

:wink_face:

:beerchug:

PS I'll leave the sexy promo pics to you for your themes. I just thought it'd be nice to see H_U_D as an actual heads up display. :wink:

Background image from Twentieth Century Fox's Prometheus.

Apr 25, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #2,094 of 2,614
@Hawaiibadboy, nice integration on your 'promo' pics! Well done!!

But I can play too.............

wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

I posted for 3 reasons

1 . It's the theme thread and I make themes.
2. Maybe someone says " how many of those you gonna post?"  **I'd point out #1 if I saw their post..**
3. I knew you you'd be in. ...you don't make themes to cure hunger and promote world peace
wink.gif
  Wanted to see what you'd do?

Bingo!!

Nice one
beerchug.gif

EDIT:
If this for world peace .....sorry for the slight
biggrin.gif
I added your link under the pick because I too support world peace moreso the destruction of the pet farm industry that causes millions of animals to be euthanized each year for no reason. Serious on that point.

Apr 25, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #2,095 of 2,614
What slight? No slight. No world peace. Not from themes......... Well maybe a little. Brings peeps together!

You dangled the lure right in front of me, what else could I do?! :D

I love how you are getting exponentially more comfortable with image integration! Really, honestly, well done!

Apr 25, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #2,096 of 2,614
What slight? No slight. No world peace. Not from themes......... Well maybe a little. Brings peeps together!

You dangled the lure right in front of me, what else could I do?!
biggrin.gif

I love how you are getting exponentially more comfortable with image integration! Really, honestly, well done!

I use an online generator for the ads but I could copy paste. It's just easier and nobody was doing it so i leapt
biggrin.gif

I'm getting better with transparencies though and that is huge and I am learning layers and how to use them.  I have ideas for the next theme but my X5 needs a breather and I need to listen to it. I took time to check out skerry and The UKMrt's themes.
I'm pretty much caught up with what everbody's  doing

Apr 25, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #2,097 of 2,614

It would be really cool to see more of this.

I have sometimes had to cringe a little when people include other peoples work in their themes without any credit to the owner of that work. I've noticed that new modders here are encouraged to indicate the themes they may have borrowed from when describing their own, but what about the artwork itsself? I'm not implying any illegality. Far from it. I'm all for art borrowing from art, and artist taking influence from artist, but with the internet providing a vehicle for mass distribution of these themes it seems reasonable to me that as a community we should support each other with some kind of attribution when appropriate.

This has happened to me. People said "but aren't you flattered that they are using your work?". And in one way I was, but another part of me felt ripped off - even though I had shared my work without expectation.

btw Prometheus is one of the scifi's that I was referring to in an earlier post. Nice one relic.

Apr 25, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #2,098 of 2,614

For the A.D.H.D folks (looks in mirror)
biggrin.gif

BTW

Everytime I pump my themes it results in immediate activity. 112 DL today and 23 from here. Only 2 (here) before the post today. Maybe timezone related but the distribution is global except Africa pretty much. Some folks don't care but it makes a difference if your near the front or only in the library.  When a mod is new or FiiO updates a fw stuff moves fast but it can get left behind. These themes are not bread. They do not go stale. If somebody has issue with me promoting my theme it isn't the Op.
I have chatted via PM with him and so long as folks are not demeaning each other and their work (head-Fi rules) it's all good. The OP is outstanding.

Folks who comment here are in the 10-20 range while the DL#'s are far greater. For the public's sake and now that it's being linked to maybe an effort to keep a few themes always near the top is a good idea. I boosted Relic 2 times in 2 days. Does he care? Not the point really. It's for the public.  In between gassing my own work I will make a better effort to bring back to the front current fw themes who's creators may not be as active as I am right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back