Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Apr 10, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #1,846 of 2,614

But there's no more colors of the rainbow to test.

BAH! Back to work.............

I was getting different fp colors with different shade colors. Blue gave me gray but red gave me yellow orange. If the text is under the shade it can be altered a bit. Just an idea that taking the shade and tweaking it may get a closer color to what you want...unless the text is over the shade.

If I mistook you ignore post haste
biggrin.gif

The shade boxes helped me a few times. playing with opacity and colors yielded varying results. Sometimes good.

Apr 10, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #1,847 of 2,614
 I was getting different fp colors with different shade colors. Blue gave me gray but red gave me yellow orange. If the text is under the shade it can be altered a bit. Just an idea that taking the shade and tweaking it may get a closer color to what you want...unless the text is over the shade.

If I mistook you ignore post haste:D

The shade boxes helped me a few times. playing with opacity and colors yielded varying results. Sometimes good.

Thanks for the suggestion. I just finished trying it and sorry to say I'm not a fan (at least for this theme). I think I'll keep the yellow text for the Fast Picking screen. This is the only text we can't control so I won't sweat it.

The point is that the blue text in the now playing screen with album art is actually terrible for readability so I either keep it amber...........or...............

I'm strongly considering covering ALL album art with my own custom image. To be honest I'm not that big a fan of album art and don't personally need it. I understand that many would want album art but I'm not sure which baby to slaughter, amber text or album art.

It's not like the album art is justified to the screen correctly anyway. :wink_face:

Apr 10, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #1,848 of 2,614
Thanks for the suggestion. I just finished trying it and sorry to say I'm not a fan (at least for this theme). I think I'll keep the yellow text for the Fast Picking screen. This is the only text we can't control so I won't sweat it.

The point is that the blue text in the now playing screen with album art is actually terrible for readability so I either keep it amber...........or...............

I'm strongly considering covering ALL album art with my own custom image. To be honest I'm not that big a fan of album art and don't personally need it. I understand that many would want album art but I'm not sure which baby to slaughter, amber text or album art.

It's not like the album art is justified to the screen correctly anyway.
wink_face.gif

Consider the actual things needed

Layer 1 (direction)
Layer 2 (contrast)

As long as folks can find their way and see what they are doing.....everything else is fair game. If they can change a fw they know where stuff is and who watches their screen all the time anyway?

Nobody ever ever once mentioned me not having a volume icon and that's across several forums and youtube. Not one custom asked for it back.

The volume # in Topbar is another easy slaughter

Slaughter the album art in the name of completing a concept.

Apr 10, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #1,849 of 2,614
There are many themes.
All of them show album art.
Every single one AFAIK
If one as complex as the preview indicated needs that space to keep the user  "in-theme" then slaughter it.
It's not like it can't be undone.
I'd love to see the concept of no art offered with a theme that is creating 3D like depth on a non 3D display if that sacrifice makes it even a little better... slaughter it.

The commenters on here are in the 10's...The owners and folks who download fw's are in the 1000's..from 43 countries (surely more)
The initial adopters are 70% from here and after 1 day the non site DL's are already 50%. After a few weeks when the firmware is considered "safe" the people who avoid forums or get their firmware elsewhere make that # drop more.

Slaughter anything to complete the dream. Album art is embedded in the file and is not going anywhere and a version more attractive to what may be a small group anyway can come later.

Apr 10, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #1,851 of 2,614

Saw the volume just sitting there all white and shiiiit....like What??
So I walked and and bam

It exists everywhere except the top bar so I am thrilled!! F.W. updated
https://app.box.com/s/txd8dycndp53l9mkh6z8p69cg8l5vkdm

Will be reviving a retro theme I skipped on but the brown i used goes with the new default really well so that's coming

Shout out to Relic
wink.gif

Romani I'll set you up with this if you like. Or you can keep the old lady/Volume

Liking the look of the retro theme you plan to revive.

Not too bothered about volume being displayed as a figure myself. However, just had another thought as I feel the top section has become too scarce. What if you were to take the same concept you applied to the battery meter and apply it to the volume. 3 vertical dots that go from green to amber to red up top depending on how high the volume has been set. Say anything up to volume level 60 is green, 60 to 90 is amber, 90 to 120 is red. No idea whether that's doable in the new fw let alone whether you think it would be a good fit within the theme.

Apr 10, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #1,852 of 2,614
  Liking the look of the retro theme you plan to revive.

Not too bothered about volume being displayed as a figure myself. However, just had another thought as I feel the top section has become too scarce. What if you were to take the same concept you applied to the battery meter and apply it to the volume. 3 vertical dots that go from green to amber to red up top depending on how high the volume has been set. Say anything up to volume level 60 is green, 60 to 90 is amber, 90 to 120 is red. No idea whether that's doable in the new fw let alone whether you think it would be a good fit within the theme.

Thanks.
Not sure if I can do that with the volume. That would require instructions or 'triggers" . Maybe 3 strings of html code but I'm pretty sure  (honestly thinking how the main volume can reflect in archs makes me wanna dig around...excuse me while I go digging
biggrin.gif
)

I doubled the density of the shade because the white text was hard to see on light albums. This album was hard and it isn't even very light. It's not that dark and I'm a fan of contrast as i hold it away from me a lot when i carry it around

Apr 10, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #1,853 of 2,614
 Thanks.
Not sure if I can do that with the volume. That would require instructions or 'triggers" . Maybe 3 strings of html code but I'm pretty sure  (honestly thinking how the main volume can reflect in archs makes me wanna dig around...excuse me while I go digging:D )
Or you could dispose the colour idea. 1 green dot, 2 green dots and 3 green dots under the same conditions in case that is more realistic and straightforward to execute.

Apr 10, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #1,857 of 2,614
I got quite a surprise when I came about 1h ago. New firmware from FiiO along with all the ports.

I have modified the first post to include all the mods for 2.5 with a new table format as suggested by @AsianInvasion a while back. Mods are now sorted alphabetically instead of publish date.

I also added the first contribution from @theUKMrT . It wasn't named so I temporarily named it "Font". Tell me how you would like to name it so I can change it.

I added a link to @x RELIC x post explaining color allocations in the config.ini file. This is in the "Other tools" section.

Finally. Considering the amount of firmwares that were posted, tell me if I missed any.

The new possibilities opened by font color modifications should be interesting to discover!

Apr 10, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #1,859 of 2,614
I realize this isn't the 2.5 firmware version thread, but has anyone else that has upgraded lost gapless playback?  I'm using Relic's excellent Star Trek theme (with Babes) for 2.5 and I now have micro gaps at the end of live tracks as they segue to the next song 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back